Bob Marlin to UL Lafayette

Yep...Marlin to ULL.

[QUOTE]Sam Houston State’s Bob Marlin removed himself for consideration for the University of Houston head coaching job.

One person familiar with the search said Marlin accepted the head coaching job at Louisiana-Lafayette on Friday morning and is meeting with his team in the afternoon to explain the situation to his players. [/QUOTE]

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/college/houston/6931466.html

Or wait, has he? Conflicting reports from the "hometown fishwrap"...

[quote]Pending the outcome of this weekend's meeting with UL, the university plans to release a statement.

The Houston Chronicle has reported that Marlin removed himself from consideration for the University of Houston job and accepted the Cajuns opening on Friday morning, but sources close to the situation say that the decision is not yet final by UL or Marlin.[/quote]

http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=PluckPersona&U=70f08d73642b49b08b67ddacb425b220&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckUserId=70f08d73642b49b08b67ddacb425b220&plckPostId=Blog%3a70f08d73642b49b08b67ddacb425b220Post%3a6daae155-71c2-4294-800d-c079605bde5c&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest

Further news...another media source in Lafayette is reporting that he'll meet with them this weekend...looking like Marlin, but still not official per the Lafayette media...

[quote]Actually, ESPN1420 has learned that Marlin will meet with UL President Dr. Joe Savioe on Sunday to make if official.  And unless "T-Joe" just hates him, he's our guy.

T-Joe isn't going to hate him.[/quote]

http://www.espn1420.com/SportsBlogs/tabid/3710/EntryID/7901/Default.aspx

But, the Huntsville Item saying it's a done deal...

HUNTSVILLE — Bearkats basketball coach Bob Marlin is leaving Sam Houston State. A week after taking his Sam Houston State team to the NCAA tournament, Marlin accepted the head coaching position at Louisiana-Lafayette, sources told The Huntsville Item on Friday afternoon.

http://itemonline.com/breakingnews/x58344875/Bearkats-coach-takes-job-at-Louisiana-Lafayette

[b]Sam Houston State's top candidates are most likely UALR head coach Steve Shields, Texas assistant Rodney Terry, Texas A&M assistant Scott Spinelli and former Villanova assistant/Milby HS  start Chris Walker...[/b]

Goes to show how much better the Sun Belt is... or how much highly regarded it is.

Terror, when will the katfans forum be up again? Or do you have a link to the new one? Just curious what your fellow Bearkats are saying.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="782444" timestamp="1269631293"]
Hopefully SHSU will hire Roc.............that will be two wins for LU each year against the Bearkats!!!!!!
[/quote]

I don't think thats going to happen, but we can only hope.  Maybe Barbee will hire him as an assistant at Auburn.  They have a history together.

[quote name="lu cards" post="782412" timestamp="1269627807"]
marlin going ul-l seems like a lateral move career wise.those dollars must have done the trick.
[/quote]
Nope. Sunbelt has proven that they can get an at large!

Also if you go 26-6 in the sunbelt but loose the post season tournament, you still have a shot at an at large. Not hapening in the Southland.

We all know Terror thinks he knows more about sports than me or any of us.
Remember this....

Re: NCAA tourney
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 11:42:45 PM » Quote Modify Remove 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good thing ole Terror decided not to talk trash with me. Great fight SHSU put up.
I think Marlin is gone. Maybe to ULL. 

Report to moderator    68.206.15.134 

TexasTerror
Senior

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2010, 06:27:36 AM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: UNLV on March 18, 2010, 11:42:45 PM

Marlin is not in the mix at ULL. Heard from a ULL source today that he pulled out of the running last week...

[quote name="UNLV" post="782553" timestamp="1269648258"]
We all know Terror thinks he knows more about sports than me or any of us.
Remember this....

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 11:42:45 PM » Quote Modify Remove 

Good thing ole Terror decided not to talk trash with me. Great fight SHSU put up.

Report to moderator    68.206.15.134 

TexasTerror
Senior

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2010, 06:27:36 AM » Quote 

Quote from: UNLV on March 18, 2010, 11:42:45 PM

Marlin is not in the mix at ULL. Heard from a ULL source today that he pulled out of the running last week...

[/quote]

You called it. The Sunbelt is a better basketball league like it has been mentioned. More money for Marlin, and the opportunity to get an even better gig if he has success at ULL. COngrats to him.

[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="782654" timestamp="1269655540"]
[font=Courier]Would have loved to have him @ UH. He will do well.[/font]
[/quote]
Yea this is just a stepping stone. With LSu down, he has a chance to build the top dog in LA.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43