Down To The Last Second..

Guest Ozen

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to say the 2004 game between Silsbee and Jasper to decide the District Championship! The game went into OT and silsbee scored 1st and made the extra point. Jasper then scores and tries to go for 2, but they fail. Desmond Doss (I think) comes in and makes the hit and their QB fumbles and Silsbee recovers. It was the best game i played in. If anyone was there please back me up! Great atmosphere for football. Hell the lights went out in the 1st quarter while we were driving down the field. We had the best fans that year and i would like to thank those that were there at all the games!

1993 Bi-district playoff game: Cameron Yoemen vs Mexia Blackcats in Gatesville. These two teams had a little history that year. (Played in Mexia, the first game of the year. Cameron comes away with a 20-14 win, thanks to a Mexia fumble on the goal line.) There was a lot of talk, from both sides, through the media about the outcome of this playoff game. Mexia made comments about, "they (Cameron) got lucky in the first game." "We are going for the throats this time." Cameron was being Cameron. "We will play hard and see what happens." Here's how the game ended. The Yoemen kicked a field goal, in the 4th quarter, to tie the game at 12. Mexia has the ball on the the positive 21 yard line. 4th and 1, 12 seconds left. No time outs for either team. The Blackcats need one yard to get the penetration that would tie it up and give them a victory by first downs. (the second tie breaker) They run off left tackle and the ball carrier it tackled by the defensive end. Players are gathering around as the referee's spot the ball. Too close to call, out come the chains. The chains are stretched, short by 2 inches. The Yoemen go crazy. Game ends 12-12 and the Yoemen advance on penetrations. That's one game I will never forget. Mexia was huge and ran the wishbone. Very physical game that night.

I can think of two... The obvious being in 2000 when Nederland played Bay City in the Astrodome and came up inches short of going into OT... that was heartbreaking...

The second was a good thing! I think this was in 2001... NED and PNG playing at the Reservation. Nederland is up by 2 with just about 6 seconds left... PNG comes out to attempt about a 25 yard field goal... and WIDE RIGHT! That place erupted, at least on the Nederland side....

One of the most exciting games I witnessed was in 99' when WOS was up by a few points and Dustin Long proceeded to perform his magic and move PNG down the field, only to run out of time at about the 1 yd. line. It was thrilling, yet sad at the same time. You didn't know who was going to win until the clock hit zero!

One of the most exciting games I witnessed was in 99' when WOS was up by a few points and Dustin Long proceeded to perform his magic and move PNG down the field' date=' only to run out of time at about the 1 yd. line. It was thrilling, yet sad at the same time. You didn't know who was going to win until the clock hit zero![/quote']

that was a great game both teams played their tails off that night 8)

One of the most exciting games I witnessed was in 99' when WOS was up by a few points and Dustin Long proceeded to perform his magic and move PNG down the field' date=' only to run out of time at about the 1 yd. line. It was thrilling, yet sad at the same time. You didn't know who was going to win until the clock hit zero![/quote']that was the game Locks got kicked out right? and Hooks stormed the field...lol

Guest GoStangs

Scooter, I don't remember Locks getting kicked out of any game, and I'm pretty sure he had graduated HS by then.

PNGProud, here is part of the write-up I did on that game for the County Record/Penny Record Newspaper:

With just 15 seconds left, and no timeouts remaining, PNG, using the momentum of 12 unanswered points, came to the line of scrimmage needing a touchdown to upset the state’s second ranked Mustangs. The come-from-behind attempt had rested on Long’s prolific passing and there was little doubt the Indians would go to the air to try the game winning touchdown. The Indians hit a slanting six foot Regan Thibodeaux at the five yard line, but there was the diminutive Jermaine Hope wrapped around the receiver to make the game saving tackle at the three yard line. The Indians would not get another snap off and the game ended with the ball on the WOS three-yard line.

The final score was 17-12, but it wasn't in 99; it was in 98. In 99, WOS beat PNG at the Reservation in another classic -- 21-14. The next year, WOS and PNG played to a 7-0 game, with WOS taking the victory. All of those were great games.

Guest GoStangs

Coach Hooks is definitely a competitor! :lol:

I didn't write anything about a player being ejected from the game, and I don't remember who that would've been. I imagine if you'd have asked me a few years ago, I would've been able to tell you who it was and what happened, but my memory isn't what it used to be... :)

Guest GoStangs

I remember at Memorial stadium 1999 WO-S came to good ol P.A. to face Lincoln..........

im not gonna go into it but they know what happened in the entire last part of the 4th qtr :lol:

I remember it too... Here's the write-up from that game. Enjoy!

Mustangs Finish Regular Season at 10-0

At the beginning of the season' date=' West Orange-Stark was picked to be the top team in district 20-4A; however, what nobody could have ever imagined was the route they would take to attain the district championship. In what is known as one of the top 4A districts in the state of Texas (20-4A), the WOS Mustangs did the unthinkable. They not only repeated as district champions, but in the process the Stangs posted consecutive 10-0 seasons, a first in the school’s history.

WOS posted their 10th victory of the year in convincing fashion with a 54-13 blowout victory over a tough Lincoln Bumblebee squad. Most impressive was the all around effort the Mustangs put forth Friday night. Facing Lincoln’s standout running back Shaunderrick Charles, the district’s leading rusher, the Mustangs held Charles to only 46 yards on 16 carries. Charles had been averaging 120 yards a contest, but he was to find no weak link in the Mustang’s Chain Gang defense Friday night. Led by the efforts of Calvin Henson, who had an outstanding outing, the Mustang defense totally shut down the Lincoln offense, allowing only 124 yards offense (2.1 yards per play), 47 yards rushing on 41 attempts (1.15 yards per carry), and only 3 total yards in the second half.

While the WOS defense was totally dominating, the Mustang “Silver O†offense was just awesome. The Stangs scored 8 times with 7 different players, both on the ground and in the air. Jermaine Feathers had another fantastic evening as he completed six passes to six different receivers for 84 yards and 2 touchdowns, while the Mustang running backs had a field day gaining 365 yards on 41 carries (a 8.9 yard per carry average). Leading the way for the Mustangs for rushing yards was Jamal “Tootie†Warnell with 114 yards on 14 carries (8.14 yards/carry); however, no Mustang running back would carry for less than 4 yards per carry on this history making evening.

The only snafu came in the area of turnovers and another botched call by the referees. On what head coach Dan Hooks called, “a bizarre play,†the Lincoln Bumblebees found momentum in a 90-yard fumble return. As WOS marched down to the Lincoln 10-yard line, the Bees fell on a lateral intended to be a screen pass. After the referee seemingly blew his whistle, and several players started walking back to the sidelines, the Lincoln defender got off the ground with the ball and started running to the WOS end-zone. Amidst a mass of confusion, the referees awarded the Bumblebees a touchdown and some momentum. The Bees would strike again, as the next Mustang offensive series would see another turnover deep in the WOS end of the field which ultimately led to a Lincoln touchdown, cutting the WOS lead to 14-13. However, the Mustangs ended the Lincoln comeback and finished the game by scoring 40 unanswered points.[/quote']

Guest GoStangs

Oh, the pain... I figured I'd throw the 98 write-up out, but to no avail. Actually, you're right -- the 99 game is where we lost to Lincoln 10-6, and I remember the 4th quarter vividly. :cry:

You're right about 98, though. The Stangs finished 10-1, losing to Silsbee in the first round of the playoffs in Memorial Stadium in what was one of the biggest upsets in the state that year.

Oh' date=' the pain... I figured I'd throw the 98 write-up out, but to no avail. Actually, you're right -- the 99 game is where we lost to Lincoln 10-6, and I remember the 4th quarter vividly. :cry:

You're right about 98, though. The Stangs finished 10-1, losing to Silsbee in the first round of the playoffs in Memorial Stadium in what was one of the biggest upsets in the state that year.[/quote']I know, i was in the crowd with a look of WTF just happened... :oops:

i thought it was 99 cause i was a Junior , i had just transferred from LHS to Austin that year.

• 6 months later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4

• If your point was to lie about me, you succeeded. Congratulations. You must feel like a winner, aka Harry Reid.
    • Read it all - good info - thanks
    • Two political opponents pointing to each other and calling each other a liar…..  Is like two roosters fighting  and then pointing to the other and calling him a chicken. 
    • Trump was indicted for his activities on January 6. He appealed the indictment to the District Court (trial court) and the way I read it, they pretty much said he has no immunity, period. So he appealed to the Circuit Court which is not a trial court, but is a constitutional court one step below the US Supreme Court. Both the District Court and the Circuit Court denied even reviewing the case. I believe they simply said that a former president has no such immunity. The US Supreme Court then took up the case on a constitutional basis. Remember at this point there has been no trial so no facts of the case have come out. It has been only appeals on the constitutionality of immunity. The Supreme Court ruling today said that the president has absolute immunity for constitutional authority (conclusive and preclusive).  What that means to me is, if it’s something the Constitution gives him the authority to do, he absolutely cannot have charges filed against him. An easy example that I can think of is the Constitution makes him the commander-in-chief of the military. So if a president authorizes the military to do something such as Reagan authorizing the bombing of Libya in retaliation for terrorist attacks, the president cannot be sued or held to criminal charges because some civilians in Libya got killed. That is his authority as commander-in-chief and protection of the country. The Supreme Court then ruled that the president has presumed official acts immunity. A presumption under law in a case such as this means that it is assumed that the person accused, such as a president, is not guilty. The presumption is that he followed the law. The presumption does allow however for the prosecution to try and prove by a preponderance of the evidence that the presumption does not exist. The person accused does not have to prove anything. The president does not have to prove that he had immunity. The prosecution has to prove that more likely yes than no that he didn’t have immunity. So technically there’s an opening to prosecute but you start out with the presumption that the person accused is not guilty with nothing to prove. As an example, the president has wide authority in many areas including issuing some executive orders. Those are authorities as official acts. If the president was to do something like order the unjustified jailing of a political opponent in an upcoming election and order the opponent held in Gitmo to keep from campaigning, that would not be included under an official act immunity. So it is possible to overcome the presumption of immunity but it will take quite a bit of work.  The president has no immunity whatsoever that is outside of constitutional authority or an official act. As an example of the president gets drunk and manages to sneak past his Secret Service bodyguard. He gets in the car and drives DWI and kills someone. That is not covered under an official act so he could be held accountable for a homicide. So…. For constitutional authorities, the president has absolute immunity. For an official act, he has presumed immunity. Anything outside of a constitutional or official act, such as driving DWI, has no immunity. In this ruling the Supreme Court vacated the indictment because the District Court, and the Circuit Court did not even consider immunity. The Supreme Court did not clear Trump because at this point they have not even heard the evidence. All they issued was a constitutional ruling that the lower courts have to at least consider immunity under the rule that they just established. Therefore the case goes back to the prosecution to bring a case at the trial court level and try to prove that whatever Trump is accused of, it was not an official act. Certainly the DOJ could read this Supreme Court ruling and drop the case, saying that they cannot overcome immunity. I’m not going to hold my breath, waiting for the DOJ to come to that conclusion. Simply disagreeing with a president actions does not disprove immunity. I disagreed with some of the things that Biden did such as ordering vaccines for some workers. Some of that was appealed and the courts threw out some of those mandates, especially under OSHSA. I don’t think Biden could be prosecuted however for issuing an executive order to one of his federal agencies because that is probably covered under an official act immunity. Not liking it does not automatically qualified as a crime. Therefore…. Can the DOJ try to again get an indictment against Trump and try to prove in court that he is not covered by one of the immunities listed? Yes. The Supreme Court  has stated that under their ruling absolute immunity must be taken into consideration for a constitutional act and presumed immunity must be taken into consideration for an official act. Let’s just say that the DOJ pushed this case again and convince the trial court and the appeals court that Trump has no immunity and they get a criminal conviction. At their discretion, the Supreme Court can take this case up again since the trial would have been held and the Supreme Court could see how the lower courts came to their conclusion. The Supreme Court could agree that with the lower courts that there was no immunity and a conviction stands or they could say, y'all weren't paying attention to our ruling and they can throw the whole case out. If you don’t want to read all of that……  To date the ruling is, yes a former president has immunity from what he did in office and by law that must be taken into consideration under the rules that the Supreme Court just set. The rest will play out in the future. 
  • Topics