SEPT. 24 HARDIN* HOME 7:30
OCT. 1 ANAHUAC* AWAY 7:30
OCT. 8 WARREN* HOME 7:30
OCT. 15 BUNA* HOME 7:30
OCT. 22 EAST CHAMBERS* AWAY 7:30
OCT. 29 WOODVILLE* HOME 7:30
NOV. 5 NEWTON* AWAY 7:30

• 3 weeks later...
Not sure why the Lions cant get something going.  They are in fact, a very good sized 2A.  Surely there are some kids walking the halls that can play some football.

From what I've seen the last few years, one maybe two wins next season.  I'm not sure how much Colmesneil lost and not sure how much West Hardin brings back.  I believe those will be the only two games theyll be in.  Hope I'm wrong and the Lions compete well this year.

Yeah buddy....no other way to get ready for district than beating up on some 1A schools.  Or should I say, trying to beat up some 1A schools.  This is a double edged sword.  If you go into "that" district 5-0 it might give you some confidence, but will in no way have you ready for those teams (buna, anahuac, newton, woodville, ec).  But what if you lose all or most of those games..(against 1A schools).  Then confidence is shot and you have no chance.  Trying to win a title....not a chance.  More like hoping to win a game or 2 before getting drummed in district.

um....it's 4 1A's (colmesneil, evadale, hd, wh).  And the 1 3A might as well be a 1A.  Tarkington has won about 3 games in the last however many years.  And I'm not trying to be negative.  Really I'm not.  It's just that a good 2A team (for instance a district title contender) will NOT lost to a 1A school.  No matter how good the 1A school is.  I've seen state champion 1A schools get the dog crap beat out of them by good but not great 2A schools.  And honestly, I only see Kountze beating 1 maybe 2 of those 4 1A schools on the schedule.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="BIGMO44" post="794271" timestamp="1272080721"]
Not sure why the Lions cant get something going.  They are in fact, a very good sized 2A. 
[/quote]

Well, the BB emphasis has clearly come at the expense of the FB program, and I hate to see that for their sake. I hope the Kountze FB program will be treated fairly in the years ahead. 

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="knows2much" post="794856" timestamp="1272291807"]
Yeah buddy....no other way to get ready for district than beating up on some 1A schools.  Or should I say, trying to beat up some 1A schools. 
[/quote]

Let's give Kountze a little break here. The pre-district scheduling will give the Lions good opportunities for some W's, will give their 1A opponents a game vs. a larger sized 2A opponent, and geographically speaking it isn't too bad at all. Probably its an appropriate lineup all in all. I hope Kountze FB has a good year.  :)

kountze has some good talent returning at running back, of course them and warren are the big time underdogs in this district, but watching those two hook up this year should be really interesting to see

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham