When is Tubbs Retiring?

Guest coachacola

Guest coachacola
With football returning this fall to Lamar will Tubbs retire next year?  He's 80 years old and wasn't his main goal since becoming AD was to bring football back to Lamar?  It may be time for him to step aside and let someone else takeover and take LU athletics to the next level.

Guest coachacola
I think Tubbs should step down as AD and take a special position with the athletic department using his contacts and notoriety for fund raising and promoting Lamar.  Bring in an AD with the energy to take the athletic department to the next level.  Someone who knows how to effectively run athletics.

The Montagne Center is due for a major facelift.  They have plans for an attached practice facility.  Let Tubbs get out there and raise money for that.  Lamar can then rename the basketball court after him.  If Lamar wants to be in a FBS conference then they need to spend the next few years building up all the facilities, getting sellout crowds at the football games, and getting the athletic budget up to $15 million a year minimum.

[quote name="UNLV" post="785270" timestamp="1270165180"]The NCAA might move up to 96 teams. This could make it easier for a new conference to get an auto without the 6/5 rule. [/quote]

How so?

I think the NCAA will be capping FBS at the 136 teams (12 teams x 10 conference, 13 teams x 1 conference, 3 independents). No new conferences. If you are not in the top 136 (that 13 team conference is the MAC by the way) or not already an independent, you are S.O.L.

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="785328" timestamp="1270171236"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=68048.msg785270#msg785270 date=1270165180]The NCAA might move up to 96 teams. This could make it easier for a new conference to get an auto without the 6/5 rule. [/quote]

How so?

I think the NCAA will be capping FBS at the 136 teams (12 teams x 10 conference, 13 teams x 1 conference, 3 independents). No new conferences. If you are not in the top 136 (that 13 team conference is the MAC by the way) or not already an independent, you are S.O.L.
[/quote]Wrong, just like being wrong about Marlin to ULL. BTW, when will you admit you was wrong and I was right?

96 team tourney opens the door to new conferences. Althought I think 2 or 3 new conferences is the most we will see nation wide.

[quote name="UNLV" post="785584" timestamp="1270220569"]96 team tourney opens the door to new conferences. Althought I think 2 or 3 new conferences is the most we will see nation wide.[/quote]

How does it open the door to new conferences?

Football still rules the roost and directs the college athletics landscape. If FBS is doing what it is doing with membership restrictions and FCS has done what it has with the playoffs, that will make things play out...

Can't imagine NCAA tournament expansion playing a major role in new conferences...

And yes, I was wrong on Marlin, but when are you going to admit that you were wrong on so many fronts?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43