When will the Astros win a game??

I'm starting to agree with you Coop, they may never win a game.

The Astros have scored 13 runs in their first 6 games of the year, which is exactly how many the Arizona Diamondbacks scored today in the 4th inning of their game.

Their team batting average is .222, and their strikeout to walk ratio is 43:5.  It's tough to score runs with no one on base.

The Astros payroll is the 8th highest in the league, and it is hard to believe they can't put a competitive team on the field with those contracts.

I usually go to 7 or 8 games a year, but I don't know if will be paying to go watch them play this year.  Heck, I had free tickets Saturday and still didn't go.

Its hard to put a finger on what is keeping them from competing.  A pretty decent pitching staff, a relatively decent lineup, but they cant seem to score?  Its looking like Cecil wasn't the problem after all, though i didn't care much for him as the manager.  They need to seriously start thinking about trading their "big guns" in berkman and roy, and really start to rebuild the underlevels, get some talent back in the farm system.

They have a really bad lineup especially when you take Berkman out of it IMO. Plus the back end of their rotation is pretty sub par. They need to dump some payroll and get younger. Lee, Berkman, and Blum if you find someone to take him. I think you wait another year to get rid of Roy O.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Split Down The Bayou
    Newest Member
    Split Down The Bayou