Toledo Bend

[quote name="thetragichippy" post="793073" timestamp="1271885216"]
Been too busy to go but it's spawning season..

Lizards, texas rig worms, wacky worms, frogs, kitchen sink...........

It's spawning season

P.S.  Red worms work well if you have a bass on a bed that has lock jaw.............
[/quote]

When does spawning season end?

[quote name="aries456" post="793787" timestamp="1271991293"]
[quote author=thetragichippy link=topic=68788.msg793073#msg793073 date=1271885216]
Been too busy to go but it's spawning season..

Lizards, texas rig worms, wacky worms, frogs, kitchen sink...........

It's spawning season

P.S.  Red worms work well if you have a bass on a bed that has lock jaw.............
[/quote]

When does spawning season end?
[/quote]

Thats a very good question.  Not sure what "the book" says, but here it what I have experienced. I have had it start as early as end of Feb. and run as long as middle of May. Bass don't all spawn at one time. 3 years ago, I went to my camp every weekend starting around the end of Feb.  That entire time I feel I missed the spawn. I caught a few but nothing like I had in the past.

Yep. I've caught them in February moving up to spawn and if the temperature doesn't warm up very fast, they can spawn into May. This year we have had some cool spells fairly late so some of the bass probably have yet to spawn. A lot of bass will spawn more than once but once it gets past mid-May or so, I think that it is over. Water temp is everything.

• 1 month later...
TPWD researchers have proven bass can and will spawn in mid-summer in fairly deep water.The females will drop the eggs on top of timber submerged below the surface where water temps are cooler from the depth.Proof of that is I've caught 4" baby bass in Nov.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham