IS FORNEY GOING TO BE THE BULLDOGS STARTING QB? I HEARD DIFFERENT

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="794932" timestamp="1272303757"]
The difference was apparent as night and day.  One qb was throwing dying ducks and the other was throwing accurate bullets...And since we was bringing pressure to the qb, one was scared of getting hit by falling down and stuff like that and the other stood tall in the pocket while shrugging off tacklers....
[/quote]
I think you are talking about the wrong guy Soulja. Tyler Smith was the original backup to Bellow. He broke his hand in the middle of our second game last year. He had only played the second half versus WOS and about a quarter in week 2 before he got hurt. Our other qb that I think you are refering too was a senior last year. Forney would have been 3rd string but we played him as a 1st string DE. It took him a couple weeks to get back into the offense and throwing passes before he was made fulltime qb. This offseason qb battle will likely be between Smith and Forney.

Bellow was 1st, Smith was 2nd, Forney was 3rd, Atterberry was 4th. Forney was nursing a knee injury, so Atterberry got the call after Bellow and Smith went down. When Forney got healthy, he was inserted. Why would anybody question who gets to start?

This sounds like a self serving thread.  This is high school not the pros.  You have personel changes each year due to graduation.  The coaches then decide what lineup will help your team win based on who remains and who moves up.  That's all that matters.  You can say it should be Forney's to lose or you could say Smith should not lose the position due to injury.  It depends on who your loyal too.  Ultimately depend on the coaches to do what is best for the team.

agreed baddog and that's the way it should be...open competition during the off season right up to opening night...I think you clarified it better than I did to Soulja, but he was actually not comparing Forney to Smith, which is who the competition this season is between...good position for Nederland to be in...I truly feel like we can win with either one taking the snaps

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="794959" timestamp="1272308394"]
Ohh...  I see.  You're talking about the kid after Bellow went down...  I believe he got hurt so The kid I'm talking about  was 3rd string and Forney was 4th string?
[/quote]

bingo, my friend...now you've got it (despite my poor attempt to explain it)

[quote name="Razor" post="794975" timestamp="1272310539"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=68945.msg794959#msg794959 date=1272308394]
Ohh...  I see.  You're talking about the kid after Bellow went down...  I believe he got hurt so The kid I'm talking about  was 3rd string and Forney was 4th string?
[/quote]

bingo, my friend...now you've got it (despite my poor attempt to explain it)
[/quote]You did good!   :D  I just hope that we can continue doing what we do to you guys this fall... ;D

[quote name="baddog" post="794977" timestamp="1272311231"]
Soulja, Forney was 3rd string but he was already hurt when Bellow and Smith went down. Atterberry was 4th and started until Forney was healthy. Neumann went through his order like he should have. Forney played exceptionally well.

[/quote]I didn't see Smith play in person before..  But seen Bellow play (Very impressive) , Atterberry (Not impressive), and Forney (big man showed me something).

I'm now interested to see this smith kid in action now...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="794981" timestamp="1272311964"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=68945.msg794977#msg794977 date=1272311231]
Soulja, Forney was 3rd string but he was already hurt when Bellow and Smith went down. Atterberry was 4th and started until Forney was healthy. Neumann went through his order like he should have. Forney played exceptionally well.

[/quote]I didn't see Smith play in person before..  But seen Bellow play (Very impressive) , Atterberry (Not impressive), and Forney (big man showed me something).

I'm now interested to see this smith kid in action now...
[/quote]
I didn't see Smith, but many folks from Nederland thought he should have started over Bellows. That says alot.

Smith is a solid QB with a goos arm. Forney brings the same thing except he is bigger and harder to bring down. Both are athletic and can get the job done. Forney has a future playing at QB so I think they will go with him to start the season. But if he stuggles, Smith will replace him quickly.

• 2 weeks later...
well i promise you one thing neuman is going to play who ever gives them the best chance to win if the is forney then he will play and if it is smith he will play i will say this i think most high schools would love to have this problem two qbs that can play alot of schools have just a hand off qb such as vidor so i dont know why all the fuss in may who knows what might happen till the season starts

I think there is a 3rd QB who may be in the mix as well.. I have not seen his name mentioned yet in this thread.. For those trying to figure it out, think WILDCAT(or WildKingdom or whatever Barrow called it) QB from last season... Kid can run and throw.. Any of the 3 choices would be great for Nederland and with the injuries the last few years we probably need THREE good QBs.

Guest Penny
[quote name="jake94" post="802602" timestamp="1274112434"]
I think there is a 3rd QB who may be in the mix as well.. I have not seen his name mentioned yet in this thread.. For those trying to figure it out, think WILDCAT(or WildKingdom or whatever Barrow called it) QB from last season... Kid can run and throw.. Any of the 3 choices would be great for Nederland and with the injuries the last few years we probably need THREE good QBs.
[/quote]

Trev will get his touches absolutely!

I agree Penny....Trevin is a good one 4.5 speed does help in the spread....Every body talks about the playoff game against Crosby last season and the big arm of forney ...But if I recall Trevin touched the ball 4 maybe 5 times and went 92 yrds ..That was the first set of downs of the second half...And guess what no more wildcat after that..WOW makes you wonder..But I have faith in Monte ;)

Will the jury hurry up and make a decision, Monte needs a decision before school gets out. :D If we are going to continue to post B.S. how about this. Everything hinges on the 45 minute Flag Football game next week. That will determine the starter. Funny stuff. Bottom line, best player will be on the field !

[quote name="9Doggies" post="803662" timestamp="1274365946"]
Will the jury hurry up and make a decision, Monte needs a decision before school gets out. :D If we are going to continue to post B.S. how about this. Everything hinges on the 45 minute Flag Football game next week. That will determine the starter. Funny stuff. Bottom line, best player will be on the field !
[/quote]No jury needed... guilty guilty guilty ;D

[/quote]

;D

Good Post.

You guys have it all wrong, according to my expert the new superintendent being from Vidor and in an effort to give them a chance moves Neumann to softball and Yeaman to football because she has "reached a higher level recently" than Neumann. Sissy spends the first half of the season trying to find a QB that can throw 90 mph underhanded. There you go guys the state of NHS football and you guys thought we had a QB problem.

[/quote]

Now that's funny! :D :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats