The official mid-county SADNESS!!

Guest LRaiser7

Guest LRaiser7

this is just a joke i heard from a nederland fan.....she told me they (the fans) of PNG and NED were callin it this cuz both teams were having a down year!! and i thought it funny

i dont think this is really appropriate.. If someone is saying that, they need their head beat in... I dont really find it funny... It will still remain the biggest game of the year in southeast texas. I know people from Vidor and Lumberton and elsewhere hate that fact, but its just how it is...

i dont think this is really appropriate.. If someone is saying that' date=' they need their head beat in... I dont really find it funny... It will still remain the biggest game of the year in southeast texas. I know people from Vidor and Lumberton and elsewhere hate that fact, but its just how it is...[/quote']Why would we hate it?? and how do you come about with that conclusion

i dont think this is really appropriate.. If someone is saying that' date=' they need their head beat in... I dont really find it funny... It will still remain the biggest game of the year in southeast texas. I know people from Vidor and Lumberton and elsewhere hate that fact, but its just how it is...[/quote']I personally think that is a great rivalry between yalls community over there..BUT It really dont matter to me who wins except when there is playoff contention.I think alot of people from other communities really dont care either who wins the mid county madness.. because you have to be there(or from there) to feel the excitement of the game..I think it is a GREAT rivalry between the two teams ,but thats it..It is just between yall and yall only.when other teams play there rival yall dont care about who wins those..and the same goes when yall play eachother.I believe yall think everyone is waiting around to see who wins it and it really dont matter to me or other teams who wins ,except when it could effect that person's team..Like i said it is a great rivalry and I know everyone over there gets excited but other people dont view it like yall do.. But i do think it will be a good game this year no matter what yalls record is..Good luck to both teams

In south east Texas
why would someone from Orange,LCM,Lumberton,Vidor, orangefield Kirbyville,buna, Bc,Deweyville or anywhere else care who wins Mid county madness..

it is a great rivalry between those schools ..Alto of tradition there but other then that no one really pays attention to who wins beside these two teams

I am not speaking for everyone. I apologize if it came across that way... But I have talked to several people personally who hate the fact that NED/PNG get all the attention. So like I said I cant speak for everyone, but I have heard some people who feel that way.

p.s. I didnt say you cared who won... I wouldnt care either... But like I said before, some people from those schools hate Mid-County because of the attention that this game generates... It was even featured in Texas Monthly a couple of years ago if I remember correctly..

I am not speaking for everyone. I apologize if it came across that way... But I have talked to several people personally who hate the fact that NED/PNG get all the attention. So like I said I cant speak for everyone' date=' but I have heard some people who feel that way.[/quote']I dont think people feel that way..I believe people respect the rivalry and I think it is a huge game..Usually tells who goes to playoffs..its not about the attention,but when WOS/LCM go at it people from mid county dont get excited about that game..I think the game is good for yalls community but it really dont matter to me who wins..because it is back and forth every year.so if one team wins one year and the other team the next it really dont surprise me.

I dont think people hate that it is a big game..if you are from here then you already know that it is a big game...

Guest pngpurplenwhite

Honestly I could care less what people outside of Mid County think. They have there opinion. Maybe if there programs became as sucessful as the Mid County teams they would understand. So I guess they'll never understand. So I don't waste my time trying to defend Mid County.

you can pretty much call any game the best game in SE Texas if it has all the hype going in, hell you can call WO-S vs Newton a game of the season in SE Texas or say Dayton Vs Central............I mean Ned vs PN-G will have the most fans at it bar none but everyone has their opinion, to me the best game of the season hasnt even come up yet.

There is too much thinking going on here. All that it is speculation. They will play and a winner will be up one district game and the other will not. That's how it is every year. Yes, it is a great rivalry and one of the biggest in the state of Texas, but bottomline, its just another district game. A big one at that which might have playoff implications for these two teams and others possibly. It will be a great hard fought game. GO DOGS!

I have to agree that this game does get a lot of attention, but it is more of a community thing than a SE Texas thing. Rah Rah...you guys get the attention of some news stations...it all amounts to just another game, menial bragging rights that don't mean much if you don't play in the post-season, and usually a determination of placement going into the playoffs.

As for as everybody HATING and being jealous of PNG's winning tradition and program...please...don't flatter yourselves. Looks like 22-4A got a jolt this season and most knew that it would shake things up a little. Looks like it did!

That being said...good luck to both teams tomorrow night. Hopefully both teams will come out injury-free and having displayed the ultimate sportsmanship because it is a big game between your two communities.

What mid-county is for southeast Texas is the biggest rivalry in the area. It might not be the best game of the year or even the best game of the week, but the rivalry runs deep. It is not just football. It extends to every UIL sport and down into PeeWee leagues. No other schools will match the intensity in emotions and bragging rights. I have seen a Nederland-PNG basketball game where they were basically playing for last place in the district and they packed the gym. I have seen Nederland-PNG baseball games that drew more people that some area football games.

The Nederland-PNG should mean nothing to anyone outside of those communities. Why should it? I could care less about Midland Lee vs Odessa Permian, I don't care how big it is. But for this area, there is nothing that approaches it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats