Silsbee's Tiger stadium

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="797972" timestamp="1273076313"]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=69068.msg797967#msg797967 date=1273076066]
aggie,may i ask how much money is the school looking at to put turf down ,do thay have the money to do this are will thay leave it up to the tax payers in your city to vote on this .JUST ASKING THATS ALL
[/quote]

No vote, [b]no taxpayer money[/b]. This will be [b]covered by the district [/b] and maybe some private donation.

The cost looks to be around a $1,000,000.
[/quote]

Wouldnt the "Districts" money BE "tax payers" money?

AND there will not be PLENTY of playoff games in Tiger Stadium even WITH field turf. Maybe a couple lower class early round games, and thats it. The matchups will move to a more central location in the state.

I personally wish we could VOTE on it, it may pass, but I for one would not vote FOR it. To many other areas that $1,000,000 could be spent on that REALLY mattered other than turf.

I personally think that a school (anywhere) should provide each sport with adequate facilities. If the people that support that particular sport would like something better then let them pay for it......no tax payers or district money (which is the same) should be spent on improvements (maintenance isnt considered improvements). Of course this opens up another discussion of Title IX.........

Having said that......I have held season tickets to Tiger football for over 20 years, I have had children play multiple sports at SHS (and still do for that matter), I am not against athletics at all......in fact I am a tremendous fan of athletics and I believe sports are as much a part of teaching young adults as the classroom!

It just REDICULUS the amount of money spent on the WANTS of atheltic facilities and the screwed up perception between NEEDS and WANTS.....SHS does not NEED field turf......neither does any other facility that only ONE school plays at. I can understand the "district stadiums" due to 3 to 6 schools playing at the same facility!

Now that Im through ranting......Ive also heard that its on hold, but still a very good chance they will get it!

Guest ST11
I like the idea of turf, I've heard we were from some of our players. :) Itd deffinately help out and itd provide opprotunities to host Playoff Games.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4