Guess Who Will Be The State's #1 Team In 2A?

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="795700" timestamp="1272491848"]
Boy I'm glad everyone "knows for a fact" they won't be as good this year, eh old_wildcat?
[/quote]

Football games are played on the field..not in newspapers...eh championeagles..?

LMAO! I was just messin' with you old_wildcat. We've discussed this before and this article appeared and I just couldn't help myself. Lots of things can happen before this fall, but you have to admire (not fear)a coach and program that is 30-2 in the last two years. I hope Newton gets another chance at them this year. Playing a high caliber team such as Daingerfield does nothing but help.

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="795816" timestamp="1272540951"]
LMAO! I was just messin' with you old_wildcat. We've discussed this before and this article appeared and I just couldn't help myself. Lots of things can happen before this fall, but you have to admire (not fear)a coach and program that is 30-2 in the last two years. I hope Newton gets another chance at them this year. Playing a high caliber team such as Daingerfield does nothing but help.
[/quote]

No problem Champ lol....I know what you mean about Daingerfield..But losing 26 0r 27 seniors is going to make a difference...I look for it to be Newton at the finals just who they will play ??..well like you said lot's of things can happen..anyway we will be pulling for the Eagles in 2A...Kirbyville also has a full plate this year..can't wait till August.. ;D

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="KFDM COOP" post="795990" timestamp="1272584945"]
Yea but the next 26-27 will be just as good im sure.
[/quote]

Time wil tell..Daingerfield will have a tougher time this year..I'm not taking anything away from them,they are a power house football team,with one of the best programs in the State..But that kind of loss in your team leadership has to hurt..Time changes everything.. JMO..We will see,before long... ;)

6 D1 recruits could bring just about anyone's program up even after losing a number of seniors. I can tell you from watching the last two years when Newton played them, they have a high quality core of kids playing in important positions returning. QB, LB, receiver, DT. Plus the coach (and he is a good one) and a system the kids have been in a while and understand very well and excel in running it. Plus they are the defending two time state champions until they lose that crown in the playoffs this year. I would think they deserve to be ranked very high when the fall comes.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Vidorqbdad
    Newest Member
    Vidorqbdad