LU suites part of plan for run toward bowl game

I just checked out katfans. Terror and his naive katfans continue to tie Lamar FBS to SHSU and now SFA.
That is if LU moves up, so will 2,000 at a home game SHSU and SFA. But if they don't, LU can not.

SFA is a good FCS and a nice FCS market, SFA is not moving up.
2,000 at a home game, SHSU is certainly not moving up.

I think CUSA will break up after big east and mwc raid them. Remaining members will join Sunbelt eastern teams to form a
east coast conference. Remaining Sunbelt teams will form a conference with LU.

LA tech
ULL
Texas st
UNT
Ark st
LU
SMU
Tulane 
UTSA
Rice 
UTA -non football
UALR-non football

Non football members allow for fewer conference football games and more pay off games.

Guest coachacola
[quote name="mffl" post="799952" timestamp="1273457766"]
Hate to say it, but Rice, SMU, and LA Tech have too much money to be in a conference with us.
[/quote]

I wouldn't include LA Tech with Rice and SMU.  Lamar's budget has been increasing steadily the last few years, and with the new athletic fee it should jump up a lot.  Put Lamar in a better conference where they get better money from football games and conference money and they'd fit in good in a Sun Belt or WAC type conference.

[quote name="mffl" post="799952" timestamp="1273457766"]
Hate to say it, but Rice, SMU, and LA Tech have too much money to be in a conference with us.
[/quote]You have been hanging around Terror too long on katfans. There was talk of Rice dropping football.
SMU is in no position to demand anything. La Tech is smaller than LU and is in a much smaller market.
Tech sits 30 miles from LA-monroe and 10 miles from Grambling annnnnnnnnnnd is in a struggling state looking
to cut money to universities. Do the math mffl. Rice, SMU, and Tech is not UT, OU, and LSU.
I think you are too young to remember when it LU and Tech....

Guest mffl
[quote name="UNLV" post="799966" timestamp="1273459837"]
[quote author=mffl link=topic=69503.msg799952#msg799952 date=1273457766]
[/quote]You have been hanging around Terror too long on katfans. There was talk of Rice dropping football.
SMU is in no position to demand anything. La Tech is smaller than LU and is in a much smaller market.
Tech sits 30 miles from LA-monroe and 10 miles from Grambling annnnnnnnnnnd is in a struggling state looking
to cut money to universities. Do the math mffl. Rice, SMU, and Tech is not UT, OU, and LSU.
[/quote]

SMU just won a bowl game, they got some money from that.

But you're right I am too young to remember the glory days of Karl Malone vs. the Cards.

[quote name="mffl" post="799979" timestamp="1273463938"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=69503.msg799966#msg799966 date=1273459837]
[quote author=mffl link=topic=69503.msg799952#msg799952 date=1273457766]
[/quote]

SMU just won a bowl game, they got some money from that.
[/quote]
True, but when the MWC, Big 12, and/or Big east raid CUSA, SMU won't be a school that gets the call.
[quote]
But you're right I am too young to remember the glory days of Karl Malone vs. the Cards.
[/quote]Karl Malone vs James Gulley

Any new Conference LU joins should be with Tech. Because neither LU or La Tech has not been able to find that
magical rivalry with other schools then the two schools found with each other.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43