ben wells

would be great to this guy i think everyone has there fingers crossed on this guy would be a huge plus for the defense we will see

[url=http://Beaumont-- According to sources former Ozen Panther standout and Texas Longhorn Ben Wells did make his visit to Lamar a few weeks ago and it went well. The Cardinals still remain a possible destination for the cornerback.  If Coach Woodard and the Cardinals are able to lure Wells back to Beaumont, it will give Lamar five transfer players from Bowl Subdivision schools. The other FBS transfers are defensive end Jacody Coleman (Iowa), tight end Billy Chavis (Texas A&M), linebacker Jordan Garrett (Tulane) and offensive tackle Ari Tatum (Houston).]ben wells visits Lamar[/url]

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="809149" timestamp="1275679540"]
[quote author=mffl link=topic=70077.msg809058#msg809058 date=1275654490]
Ben Wells is going to SFA.
[/quote]

Hopefully we will make him regret his decision.  It probably comes down to not wanting to be in his hometown.  A lot of kids want to go off to school.  Can't blame him if that is the case.
[/quote]

SFA is much more of a college town with a college atmosphere. The facilities are top notch, and there is no drop off in education. He is guarnteed wins there, not to mention they play A&M this year so he will get scouted even more. I know everyone wants him at Lamar, but as of now he made the right decision.

[quote name="AJ25" post="809169" timestamp="1275681740"]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=70077.msg809149#msg809149 date=1275679540]
[/quote]

Hopefully we will make him regret his decision.  It probably comes down to not wanting to be in his hometown.  A lot of kids want to go off to school.  Can't blame him if that is the case.
[/quote]

SFA is much more of a college town with a college atmosphere. The facilities are top notch, and there is no drop off in education. He is guarnteed wins there, not to mention they play A&M this year so he will get scouted even more. I know everyone wants him at Lamar, but as of now he made the right decision.
[/quote]

I dont think LU's facilities will take a back seat to anyone in the SLC with the stadium upgrades (with the exception of the Alamodome).  Still hope to make him regret his decision, but have to wish him well on a personal level.

[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=70077.msg809149#msg809149 date=1275679540]
[/quote]

Hopefully we will make him regret his decision.  It probably comes down to not wanting to be in his hometown.  A lot of kids want to go off to school.  Can't blame him if that is the case.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Lamar will have better facilities than SFA after all the upgrades are done. I know McNeese State has better football facilities and they didn't land Wells either. I do agree with the college town atmosphere and winning there (preseason ranking of 8th in a FCS poll). But I think he just wanted to be away from home.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sfa is more of a college town.  Other than that, your comments are idiotic.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham