Brenham vs. WF Rider Predictions?

8-5 Brenham....    Don't know alot about Rider, other than their usually good and have been ranked most of the year.  Pretty even match up, but I think the Friendswood scare woke us up.  Our guys were in this spot last year, so they know what it's all about.  They took that lose hard and I'm sure they'll be doing everything possible to avoid that feeling again.  Go cubs!

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="810103" timestamp="1275972347"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=70321.msg809915#msg809915 date=1275928425]
Anybody else got a prediction?
[/quote]

Who gets the start?  Wellbrock has been starting game 2 in most of your series, but you have to win the 1st one here.
[/quote]

The paper says coach Long won't decide till Wednesday.  There's no doubt that Wellbrock is our best pitcher, but Schlottmann has been pitching really well.  If our offense would've helped him out against Friendswood, it wouldn't have went to a third game. (he only gave up 1 run).  I wouldn't be surprised if he started Schlottmann and saved Wellbrock for the final.  Unless of course he's needed sooner than that in order to save the season.  He seems to be pretty confident in both, but i'm sure he'll make the right decission.  You become as successful as he has been, by making bad decissions.  (Though I have questioned a couple of them this season)  As you've seen before though; when in doubt go with Wellbrock.    

brenham 4-1 good pitching on both sides rider has 2 pitchers with double digits wins and 2 and under eras but our is better and out bats will come alive against decent pitching.. against friendswood we couldnt hit anything against 70mph fastballs and 50mph curveballs so if i was rider i would do that just saying...

[quote name="brenhambaseball" post="810119" timestamp="1275976065"]
brenham 4-1 good pitching on both sides rider has 2 pitchers with double digits wins and 2 and under eras but our is better and out bats will come alive against decent pitching.. against friendswood we couldnt hit anything against 70mph fastballs and 50mph curveballs so if i was rider i would do that just saying...
[/quote]

Now do not exaggerate! The Sullivan Fastballs were upper 70's, low 80's!! Gaspard about the same!! But I get your point. We have had the same issues in the past, so frustrating, stay back let it travel!!

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="810194" timestamp="1276009441"]
Brenham 5   WH Rider 2
Brenham 5   CC Calallen 3

Go Cubs !
[/quote]

I hope this prediction is accurate...  Like I said, i'm not very familiar with Rider, but I do know a little bit about Calallen.  If we get by Rider, which I think we will...  Calallen will be the ultimate test.  That is, if they get by Wakeland.  Wakeland did just defeat the number 1 team in the nation, 12-3. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heatherjo
    Newest Member
    heatherjo