[u]1st Team[/u]
P - Forrest Zoch, Jr, Bridge City
P - Zane Anderson, Jr., West Orange-Stark
P - Matt Hicks, Sr., Bridge City
P - Logan Johnson, Sr., Hamshire-Fannett
C - Caleb Henry, Jr., Silsbee
1B - Chase Angelle, Sr., Orangefield
2B - Jacob Murray, Soph., Silsbee
3B - Taylor Turley, Sr., West Orange-Stark/Tommy Wendling, Soph., Hamshire-Fannett
SS - Quinton Evans, Jr., Orangefield
OF - Michel Hubbard, Soph., Bridge City
OF - Zach Droulliard, Soph., West Orange-Stark
OF - Derrick Evans, Sr., Orangefield
OF - Corey Huckabay, Sr., Orangefield
OF - Jake Minaldi, Sr., Hamshire-Fannett
DH - Darius Mitchell, Jr., West Orange-Stark
UTIL - Joe Robertson, Sr., Bridge City

[u]2nd Team[/u]
P - Hayden Guidry, Fr., Bridge City
P - Lance Brown, Jr., Silsbee
P - Justin Flowers, Jr., Silsbee
C - Kyle Markum, Jr., Hamshire-Fannett
1B - Thomas Derrick, Sr., Hardin-Jefferson
2B - Jonathon Deramus, Jr., Orangefield
3B - Josh Watson, Sr., Orangefield
SS - Justin Sparrow, Sr., West Orange-Stark
OF - Cameron Dishon, Soph., Bridge City
OF - Luke Rhodes, Sr., Bridge City
OF - Colby Jenkins, Soph., Silsbee
OF - Jonathan Hucko, Jr., West Orange-Stark
DH - Cash McCarson, Jr., Hardin-Jefferson
UTIL - Jordan Darnall, Jr., West Orange-Stark
UTIL - Shannon Grantham, Jr., Hardin-Jefferson

[u]Honorable Mention[/u]
Kyle Fontenot, Sr., Orangefield
Quade Robertson, Fresh, Hardin-Jefferson
Clayton Gearhart, Sr., West Orange-Stark
Jacoy Finney, Soph., West Orange-Stark
James Thomas, Jr., West Orange-Stark
Zach Smith, Soph., Bridge City
Evan Boren, Sr., Bridge City
Dylan Mulholland, Jr., Bridge City
Brandon Simoneaux, Jr., Bridge City

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="810361" timestamp="1276031029"]
[quote author=KFDM COOP link=topic=70331.msg810357#msg810357 date=1276030851]
Bennett named Coach of the year!

http://www.kogt.com/kogt_sports.htm
[/quote]

Why post the link to the teams again when it has already been posted and copied and pasted on this thread? ::)
[/quote]

Because he is getting old. ;D ;D

some very talented players ..but why not name every starter from every team...there was 43 that made either 1st, 2nd or honarble mention...that is 11 short of the 54 starters from each team...that is just crazy.....what happened to the days when you named mvp and nine starters  when you name that many what is the point of having an all district team.....just crazy

[quote name="jacf" post="810436" timestamp="1276045238"]
some very talented players ..but why not name every starter from every team...there was 43 that made either 1st, 2nd or honarble mention...that is 11 short of the 54 starters from each team...that is just crazy.....what happened to the days when you named mvp and nine starters  when you name that many what is the point of having an all district team.....just crazy
[/quote]

I agree.  These lists get more watered down every year.  I would like to see one MVP of the district (not district MVP, offensive MVP, and defensive MVP), 2 first team pitchers, and 8 position players.  Then 2 second team pitchers and 8 position players.  This would give a total of 21 players from the district.  In essence you would have a starter and a back-up for each position.   

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham

• An abortion can only occur when the baby is still in the uterus.
    • Cliff Maloney: Democrats ‘Hemorrhaging’ in Pennsylvania; Donald Trump Can Win!  From the article:  "Democrats are “hemorrhaging” in Pennsylvania, and former President Donald Trump can win if Republicans motivate low-propensity GOP voters to cast their ballots, Cliff Maloney, heading up the Pennsylvania Chase, said during an appearance on Breitbart News Saturday, noting that Democrats are not boasting the figures they did in 2020."   Is this so hard to believe?  What does Kommiela Harris actually have to offer.  It's my understanding all Trump has to do is win these swing States:  Pennsylvania, North Carolina and Georgia and he wins. This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up @Big girl  @UT alum  @CardinalBacker  @HuntersLaptop2028          What say you?! Too Big To Rig!
    • I can’t find any full-game film on Lake Creek from this season. They return a lot of big names from last year, as does PNG. Like last year, it’s going to be two well-coached evenly matched teams.  Three things I think we’ll need to win: (1) Defensive improvements. The defense has been good, and our performance against La Porte had a lot of bright spots. LP showed our weaknesses, and we got good reps against a violent, tough offensive line blocking for fast RBs who don’t go down without sure tackling. LC will be a more balanced offense, and I’d argue more talented than La Porte. We need to get better at outside containment and bringing the runner down at first contact. A single missed tackle is a touchdown for LC.  (2) Avoid turnovers. That’s important for any game, but last year, two of Lake Creek’s four touchdowns came off PNG fumbles. (3) PNG must dominate time of possession. This was the most important part of us beating them last year. I went back through every play of last year’s game. Here’s some rough numbers:  PNG held the ball 10-ish minutes longer than LC. (28 min vs 18 min). That’s nearly a full quarter more than LC. It gets more interesting: For every 2.5 minutes LC held the ball in a normal “true” drive, they scored one touchdown. [I didn’t count their scoop and score on a PNG fumble because it doesn’t tell us anything about how their offense moved the ball against our defense.] So, that ten minutes extra we held the ball was HUGE for PNG’s win. It might have been the main reason we won. That 2.5 min/TD ratio includes all of the good defense PNG played in that game — Even with us getting stops and sacking the qb and making big defensive plays, they still scored on 1/3 of their true possessions, at the 2.5 min per TD rate. In fact, our good defense actually didn’t stop them enough to slow their usual scoring rate much. They averaged around 56 points a game before they played us. If those ten extra minutes we held the ball had gone to LC, their offense was on a pace to score between three and four more TDs. In other words, LC was on pace to match their typical scoring average but for the fact that we held the ball for longer than LC (for example, we only let them have the ball once in the first quarter).  Obviously, this is based only on one game, but neither team has changed much since then.  What does this tell us? With equal T.O.P., PNG likely loses. Our best defense is LC not touching the ball. If we let the game become a shootout, we’re turning the game into a coin flip. LC wants the game to be a coin flip - They want a wild high-scoring game with 30 second possessions on both sides. They have the advantage in that kind of game - frankly, their receivers are faster than ours, their RB is better than ours, and their QB is more than good enough. If we have to win by matching them score for score, we lose control.  On the other hand, if we stubbornly and patiently hold the ball (with a heavy dose of running behind our biggest advantage, the OL), drain the clock and just keep getting 2-3 yards a run, with a few opportunistic passes when LC gives them to us, we make the game something LC desperately doesn’t want it to be. We can make their offense watch the game disappear from the sidelines. 
    • Yeah, I readily confess that I should have qualified my statement, and put it in quotes, like "per my neighbor", or something similar. My neighbor has two kids attending HF, and he was at the scrimmage, so really I'm just quoting him.  Anyway, it'll be a close game, I'm thinking. 
  • Topics