19. Texas High
20. Denison
21. Sulphur Springs
22. Carrollton Newman Smith
23. Dallas Carter
24. Wolfforth Frenship
25. CC Flour Bluff

[quote name="knightrider" post="811664" timestamp="1276287846"]
Someone needs to retire Lake Travis!!!!!!  :D :D ;D :o ::)
[/quote]

Lol your not lying..Im not really surprise tho, not being on Dave Campbells top 25..We never Are..lol

Yet again, Dave Campbell ignores Southeast Texas. Nevermind the fact that one of our teams went undefeated through district play to lose to a future state finalist and another team went three rounds deep in the playoffs to lose to a powerhouse. It doesn't matter. Sure, they did all of this with brand new coaches, but that doesn't make them good or anything...

And they're certainly not worth a spot on a list of statewide rankings.... ::)

[quote name="PN-G bandkid" post="811787" timestamp="1276309558"]
Yet again, Dave Campbell ignores Southeast Texas. Nevermind the fact that one of our teams went undefeated through district play to lose to a future state finalist and another team went three rounds deep in the playoffs to lose to a powerhouse. It doesn't matter. Sure, they did all of this with brand new coaches, but that doesn't make them good or anything...

And they're certainly not worth a spot on a list of statewide rankings.... ::)
[/quote]

We were ranked 16 last year and you see what we did....  All that ranking does is put a bullseye on your back!  Being 3 this year, i'm sure we'll be on a lot of teams radars.  There's no doubt, PNG and Central are both talented teams.  This year is going to be a blast!   ;D

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="811885" timestamp="1276358040"]
Games that could bounce us out of the top 3.

Houston Lamar- week 3
Montgomery- week 7

Easily our 2 toughest games.  Especially the Houston Lamar game.
[/quote]Congrats on that state title...maybe we (nederland) will see ya next year ;)

[quote name="BaseBow" post="811894" timestamp="1276360118"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=70454.msg811885#msg811885 date=1276358040]
Games that could bounce us out of the top 3.

Houston Lamar- week 3
Montgomery- week 7

Easily our 2 toughest games.  Especially the Houston Lamar game.
[/quote]Congrats on that state title...maybe we (nederland) will see ya next year ;)
[/quote]

Lol maybe...  ;)

Central not in the top 20?  Don't surprise me at all.  We didn't get a preseason ranking for our 2009 team even though our 2008 team marched 4 rounds deep...They don't respect much of anything from SETX...  Also, PN-G went undefeated to lose to a team that marched all the way to state.  That makes no sense.  That's why I don't put much stock in anyone's predictions.  We just have to  constantly prove them wrong, I guess...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="811926" timestamp="1276367136"]
Central not in the top 20?  Don't surprise me at all.  We didn't get a preseason ranking for our 2009 team even though our 2008 team marched 4 rounds deep...They don't respect much of anything from SETX...  Also, PN-G went undefeated to lose to a team that marched all the way to state.  That makes no sense.  That's why I don't put much stock in anyone's predictions.  We just have to  constantly prove them wrong, I guess...
[/quote]

Agreed Soulja, but I could careless about polls. Its the final results that count. Central as well as PNG are deserving of some recognition

I do enjoy reading Dave Campbell's magazine, however, I do it for entertainment purposes only.  Strictly speaking, there is only a loose correlation between his picks and the end-of-the-year position of high school football teams.  Preseason predictions are interesting, but at times are the equivalent of letting your little sister pick the winners by the color of their uniforms or maybe calling up Dionne Warwick's psychic friends network.  Believe me, I am in no way uniquely qualified to evaluate Dave's forecasting abilities, he does passably well, but as my old dad used to say, "Even a blind hog finds an acorn now and then." 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heatherjo
    Newest Member
    heatherjo