Wade Phillips PNG visit

From the P.A. News:

June 26, 2010
PN-G, Southeast Texas benefit from Phillips
Bob West column for Sunday, June 27

Bob West The Port Arthur News

Like Thomas Jefferson alums and coaches did with Jimmy Johnson in the 1990s, Port Neches-Groves is cashing in some of the perks of being the high school of the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys. Wade Phillips, who is in town with wife Laurie for the 45th reunion of the PN-G class of 1965, dropped by Indian Stadium Friday morning for a tour of the new facilities from Brandon Faircloth, then taped a video welcome to fans that will be played at 2010 home games.  Last week, Faircloth and his coaching staff were Phillips’ guests at the Cowboys minicamp, including the day their workout was held at JerryWorld. “You would be hard pressed to meet a nicer guy,” said Faircloth, echoing the way most Southeast Texans feel about Bum Phillips’ one-time quarterback at PN-G . . . Along those good-guy lines, Genie and I  had  opportunity to have dinner with Wade and Laurie Thursday night at Cheddars, and saw him gracefully handle a non-stop stream of autograph requests. Many celebrities don’t like to be approached while they are eating, but Wade was unflappable and made everybody who came up to him feel welcome and at ease. I’m kicking myself for not keeping count, but I’m guessing he signed a minimum of two dozen autographs and had his picture taken with a dozen or more fans. By the way, you won’t be seeing as much of Wade on the sidelines this season. He’s dropped about 30 pounds and will soon be seen in a TV commercial endorsing the product that led to the weight loss . . . To top off his quickie Southeast Texas visit, Phillips stopped by the football camp being run Jamaal Charles and Danny Gorrer on both Friday and Saturday, then spent Saturday afternoon at Beaumont Country with Bud Isakson, David Ess, Jonathan Juhon and W.L. Pate Jr. Issakson bid $1,000 at the recent Babe Zaharias golf tournament auction for a foursome to play golf with the Cowboys coach.

[quote name="RustedCutlass" post="815618" timestamp="1278012173"]
Was he there to figure out how to put an offense together? Because the 'Boys could sure use the help. LOL!   :D :D :D
(Just a "Poke" at all you Dal-last fans...  ;D )
[/quote]

I like that one RC!  ;D

[quote name="RustedCutlass" post="815618" timestamp="1278012173"]
Was he there to figure out how to put an offense together? Because the 'Boys could sure use the help. LOL!   :D :D :D
(Just a "Poke" at all you Dal-last fans...  ;D )
[/quote]

He was looking for Romo a new girlfriend......  Got to have a name to buy those Cabo tickets in advance.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham