Evadale update

[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="814878" timestamp="1277671477"]
[font=Courier]Sources tell me Evadale has hired former Nederland boys HC Lawrence Williams.

More on Monday....[/font]
[/quote] Evadale should win that dist.Every bodyelse will be trying to get in the playoff.

Guest Burkeville Chronicle
Good luck to Coach Wilkins....WOS is getting a good young coach whose knowledge of basketball is sharp.

[quote name="True Blue" post="814919" timestamp="1277688988"]
This guy has inherited a good group of boys that should make a good run at the playoffs. They have good size with good speed and a few good shooters. 
[/quote] Good speed no. Good size yes. ??? ??? ??? ???

Coach Williams was my coach my first 3 years of high school and is nice guy. Even though he never had much success in 4a going up against Lincoln and such. He likes to press. Similar to HJ trapping press. Evadale has the talent to press and be successful in that district so I look for him to do great for them.

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="816534" timestamp="1278506190"]
Coach Williams was my coach my first 3 years of high school and is nice guy. Even though he never had much success in 4a going up against Lincoln and such. He likes to press. Similar to HJ trapping press. Evadale has the talent to press and be successful in that district so I look for him to do great for them.
[/quote]

Best wishes to coach Williams for success in Evadale.

[quote name="CATMAN" post="816503" timestamp="1278471853"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=70742.msg814919#msg814919 date=1277688988]
This guy has inherited a good group of boys that should make a good run at the playoffs. They have good size with good speed and a few good shooters. 
[/quote]I think their speed will be fine. The Potts kid that set out last year will play this year and I dont think there is a faster player in that Dist. I have watch them play this summer and he has got to work on his ball handling skills a little, the setting out one year did hurt him but I think he will realy help them push the ball up the floor. So yea I think good speed. If you can think of a faster  kid in that Dist.  please tell us who it is?

[quote name="True Blue" post="816658" timestamp="1278545155"]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=70742.msg816503#msg816503 date=1278471853]
[/quote]I think their speed will be fine. The Potts kid that set out last year will play this year and I dont think there is a faster player in that Dist. I have watch them play this summer and he has got to work on his ball handling skills a little, the setting out one year did hurt him but I think he will realy help them push the ball up the floor. So yea I think good speed. If you can think of a faster  kid in that Dist.  please tell us who it is?
[/quote]Jordan Poor WH

• 3 months later...
Guest Abraham
[quote name="oiler12" post="816814" timestamp="1278612541"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=70742.msg816658#msg816658 date=1278545155]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=70742.msg816503#msg816503 date=1278471853]
[/quote]Jordan Poor WH
[/quote]

Jordan Poor isn't fast by any means necessary.

The 2010-2011 school year is one that the floks in Evadale have been looking for since 2000-2001. In 1A every so often a group of kids come through and they just have a successful run and in 1A if you have a core group of athletes the program can be more than successful they can dominate and win championships.

The Evadale class of 2011 is just that kind of class. The guys have won 3 district championship at the varsity level, they have two JV championships, in basketball they have steadily improved each year with last year coming within a win of a district championship and advancing in the playoffs as they lost in OT in the opening round. This group has 3 district baseball championships with their senior season still to come. They were a regional semi finalist two years ago and the state runner up this year and will likely be the preseason #1 team in the state in the spring. They won a district track championship last year. The girls have won a couple of VB district championship including this year after the team did not make the playoffs in 2009. They have won three basketball district championships and advanced to the regional tournament last year. They have won two softball district championships and went to the second round last year. They have one district track championship in three years.

When you boil it down the class of 2011 should finish with an impressive winning percentage of over 90% for their high school years. They have 17 district titles with 6 more possible. They have advanced in the playoffs past the first round 7 times with plenty of opportunities still to come. We have 18 to 20 seniors that are involved in one or more sports this year and all they know how to do is win.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, the class of 2012 will likely carry on where the class of 2011 leaves off as there is plenty of talent in that class too!

Guest Abraham
[quote name="Head Coach" post="887386" timestamp="1288044719"]
As for Potts, he can handle the ball and is pretty quick, but he can not shoot the ball as well as his other teammates. If he develops his shot, he will turn out to be a pretty good guard, just what they need.
[/quote]
I agree potts is fast and can handle and i also agree that he needs to work on his shot. If he does work on it and get better at shooting it will help the rebels win a dist. championship.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4