Lamar football facing tough SLC teams early

[quote name="kingkat99" post="822302" timestamp="1280605103"]
The point of my original post was why do you wait until you actually play the first down of football before you throw oyher programs under the bus for attendance numbers....
[/quote]

I can tell you that the attendance numbers came up because of TT. I actually like TT for all of the discussion he brings to the southland, he makes at least me a better fan because he forces me to follow it all more closely. With that said though, he is very combative when it comes to LU in particular, I promise you TT was trashing LU long before football came back. We have to defend ourselves, and we end up lashing back at SHSU because that is TT's alma mater. Honestly I wish all the Southland schools especially the TSUS ones success, the more recognition we can get as individuals the more we can gain as a conference and a University System.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="CardAmbassador" post="822297" timestamp="1280603019"]
[quote author=kingkat99 link=topic=71281.msg822286#msg822286 date=1280596049]
You do see the same at shsu...and yes our fan base is very fair weather as the majority of most fcs schools are, but at least ours has never gotten to the point of a program dying all together...look I hope LU does well since I'm contributing through my wifes fees for he masters degree...
[/quote]

[url=http://bigredinsider.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=105&func=view&catid=5&id=878]LINK: Why LU wont get rid of Football this time around. [/url]

Here is a post I authored on why I don't think LU will get rid of football, in fact I know they wont. SHSU is in more danger of program cuts than we are, have you seen our endowment growth and figures? You guys have had a significant amount of margin on us in terms of enrollment until recently yet we still have a higher Endowment. I know SHSU hates to admit it but our school is moving in the right direction, and football will just accelerate the process. I'm not saying  SHSU isn't moving in the right direction, only that our direction is undeniably good for the next couple of years. LU System was short sighted, there is no way the same decision will be made twice.
[/quote]

CardAmbassador, here is some more information about #3 on your list.

Regents approve football fee

In a unanimous decision, the Texas State University System Board of Regents approved the athletics fee Lamar students voted to assess themselves in a January campus wide vote. Regent Michael Truncale, a Beaumont native and Lamar University alumnus, introduced the motion to approve the fee of $8.75 per semester credit hour for long semesters and $4.50 per semester hour for summer sessions to be used toward the reinstatement of football at the university.
“Lamar University has overwhelming support from the alumni association, the student body and there seems to be great excitement and anticipation in the community for the return of collegiate football to Lamar,” Truncale said in his motion. “Bringing football back to Lamar will enhance their recruitment efforts and provide an even greater incentive to attend the institution.”

The athletics fee will realize revenue of almost $2 million dollars per year which will be earmarked for the athletics department to meet the costs of bringing football to Lamar. A portion of the fee revenue will be used to bond money for the majority of the athletic facilities renovation.

www.lamar.edu/newsevents/articles/221_6151.htm

[quote name="CardAmbassador" post="822307" timestamp="1280606813"]With that said though, he is very combative when it comes to LU in particular, [b]I promise you TT was trashing LU long before football came back. We have to defend ourselves, and we end up lashing back at SHSU because that is TT's alma mater. [/b]Honestly I wish all the Southland schools especially the TSUS ones success, the more recognition we can get as individuals the more we can gain as a conference and a University System. [/quote]

Only because you guys provide EXCELLENT material to talk smack towards!  :P

On the bright side, I allow you guys to dig deep into our web site to find information, because I don't make it readily available like you do with recruiting rankings and other tidbits.

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="822539" timestamp="1280776270"]

Only because you guys provide EXCELLENT material to talk smack towards!  :P

On the bright side, I allow you guys to dig deep into our web site to find information, because I don't make it readily available like you do with recruiting rankings and other tidbits.
[/quote]

Case in point.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43