Roy To Philly!

My big question is why the Astors have said that Brett Myers is "untouchable". Why would you not trade the guy if the right prospects were available? He has been great this year and could help to replenish the farm. Teams would be more willing to make a good deal for a guy like Myers who is not hampered with a large over-extended contract!

Also anyone else notice that Ed Wade has only had success in making deals involving his old club in Philly? ? ?

[quote name="badndn" post="821823" timestamp="1280428446"]
My big question is why the Astors have said that Brett Myers is "untouchable". Why would you not trade the guy if the right prospects were available? He has been great this year and could help to replenish the farm. Teams would be more willing to make a good deal for a guy like Myers who is not hampered with a large over-extended contract!

Also anyone else notice that Ed Wade has only had success in making deals involving his old club in Philly? ? ?
[/quote]

At this point, I don't know that there should be ANYONE who is considered an untouchable.

Astros receive lefty J.A. Happ and 2 Class A prospects ( SS & OF ).............and eating $11 mil of Roy's contract next year.

IMO, Philly gets the better end of this deal, however, Stros didn't have much choice.

Best of luck to Roy O. My son and I have met him three times. He was very likable and spent time teaching and talking pitching w/ my son. I was very impressed.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham