MIDNIGHT MADNESS FULL PADS AT REBEL STADIUM. 12:01 AM FRIDAY!

The Rebels will once again open the door for SETX teams to start hitting as Midnight Madness kicks off another year of HS football. This has become a really big deal as the entire community will be out in the wee hours of the morning to watch our Rebels.

The athletic booster club will have the concession stand opened with drinks and snacks (no cooked food), Operation Graduation will be taking orders for commemorative Midnight Madness t-shirts and Central Baptist will be giving out free watermelon and taking orders for football and volleyball player as well as Rebel fan yard signs.

Everyone needs to come out and see the renovations to the field. There is more room on the home side with more bleachers. The concession stand is bigger and has more serving windows. The pressbox liiks differnt. The new weight room just had the new weight equipment delivered yesterday and the old weight room now has a nice new visitors dressing room located inside it.

The field is in great shape and the players have been working hard this week. The Rebels have 14 seniors this season and 9 juniors that will likely make up the varsity squad. The JV has plenty of guys and will of course benefit from their own team and schedule of games.

It should be a great year for the Rebels and it starts in earnest at 12:01 AM in the morning.

[quote name="BIGMO44" post="823263" timestamp="1281056039"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=71422.msg823247#msg823247 date=1281050128]
I am about to take me a little nap then head over to Evadale to catch the Madness!!!!
[/quote]Look me up Aggie.  I'll be in the pressbox with Yeller. 
[/quote]

I'll come up after I take some snapshots (these will not get photoshopped  ;D) down on the field.

From what I saw that night (morning, whatever you want to call it ;D) the Rebel defense will be the strength of this team. It will take a very good offense to score on this defense.

Evadale ain't too shabby on offense neither. ;) Got'em a good QB, good RB and a solid offensive line. When you can play Tanner and Stark at the TE positions and not on the o-line, you are way ahead of the curb IMO.

Guest Lendale
Evadale will be very good this year. We have alot of size and athletisism. I think we'll win some playoff games this year for the first time in a while

They should win a playoff game this year.  Like us, they are a Div II (small school) in their class, so they shouldn't meet a beast in the 2nd round like they have the last 4 or 5 years.  A first round bye has also hurt the Rebels the last 4 years...IMO

I still think their best passing QB is Junior, Murphy.  The kid is not as mobile as the present QB but he can throw the ball for days (a long way) and he has good height.  Something the Rebels have lacked over the years is the ability to protect a "passing QB" and that may be the reason they have stayed with a scrambling type QB last year and this.

All in all, they'll fine with the schedule they have and we'll see come playoff time.

Guest Lendale
[quote name="Blue2318" post="824638" timestamp="1281550574"]
You are right the junior QB throws a pretty pass  but  it is not as accurate as  the present QB .The present QB can throw a duck just far and be accurate . He also can scamble .  I have seen this for my self at practice. 
[/quote]
I second that

Murphy does throw the better pass but as some have said the Rebs dont always have a great line and the Sr can take the hit and keep getting up. How many teams can say that their starting  linebacker is also their QB?  The Nichols kid is just one tuff kid. Murphy will have his chances but just not this year as their starter. But they should be far out in front of some teams in Dist. that he will see the field plenty.

[quote name="True Blue" post="824919" timestamp="1281634654"]
Murphy does throw the better pass but as some have said the Rebs dont always have a great line and the Sr can take the hit and keep getting up. How many teams can say that their starting  linebacker is also their QB?  The Nickels kid is just one tuff kid. Murphy will have his chances but just not this year as their starter. But they should be far out in front of some teams in Dist. that he will see the field plenty.
[/quote]He throws a pretty spiral but not accurate I have been watching both since last year so he's not the better passer.Nichols completes most of his passes he throws a bad one every once in a while .

[quote name="True Blue" post="824919" timestamp="1281634654"]
Murphy does throw the better pass but as some have said the Rebs dont always have a great line and the Sr can take the hit and keep getting up. How many teams can say that their starting  linebacker is also their QB?  The Nickels kid is just one tuff kid. Murphy will have his chances but just not this year as their starter. But they should be far out in front of some teams in Dist. that he will see the field plenty.
[/quote]

We will likely see Nichols at strong safety this season. This give him a chance to be a force on the D without having to take so many hits. I have seen him in the defensive backfield which leaves Harvey and Franklin at the LB's.

Looking forward to the scrimmage at Warren on Saturday. I know the Rebels are looking forward to hitting someone beside their own teammates!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham