The last 2 pviews for ufc have the the best ever!!!

Guest baseball25

Guest baseball25
Silva showed tonight why he's the champion and pfp best, he stayed calm and found a way to win the fight and that's what champions are made of...

Guest baseball25
Yeah I hope so too, but belfort Isnt the ground and pound type guy like sonnen he's a striker and I think that hurts belfort in this fight

It was a great night of fighting. Silva showed why he is the champion but IMO lost the PFP claim. He spent four and a half rounds on his back being totally dominated. He had no answer for four and half rounds. Not only that, Sonnen ran his mouth like no one has before and then came out and backed it up. Also IMO with all Sonnen's smack talk and the past critisism Silva should have had something to prove. Champion, yes. PFP, no. JMO

Now, if his claim of hurt ribs is true, that is something to concider.

The other fights were great too.

Guest baseball25
Just remember gsp lost to serra because he got rocked and couldn't keep his composure, silva got dominated but kept his composure and Stayed calm throughout the whole fight and that's what champions do and pfp fighters do, and he could have very easy got frustrated last night and gave up, silva is 12-0 in the ufc, untill he's beaten then he will be pfp in my mind, as a fighter u always have a fight where it was almost a lost but you found a way to win!!!!!!mayweather had that fight with castillio but grinded it out and won, silva showed why last night why he's the best, give props to Matt Hughes, I would love to see Matt Hughes vs Jake shields

I hear what you're saying and all great fighters get rocked and tested but the absolute best do not get totally dominated for four and a half rounds.

Now, Silva was tested and maybe this was a wake up call that told him he is not untouchable and maybe he'll know he has to train even harder and not take his opponents too lightly. I think he had grown complacent.

Way to go Hughes! I love his future plans, take of the Fall and do some hunting, spend time with his family. Sheilds would be good fight.

Guest baseball25
Silva hasn't lost in 6 yrs and is 12-0 in the UFC,i mean sooner or later he was going to have a fight that he would have to grind and grind and find a way to win... he found a way to win last night, someting GSP couldn't do against Serra 2 1/2 yrs ago, GSP gets clocked and stunned and then 20 seconds later knocked out because he couldn't keep his composure and etc, last night SILVA was calm and had good composure and never gave up in the fight and 95 percent of the fighters would quit and lose confidence during the fight but silva didn't thats what champions are made of, just like the lesnar fight he got dominated in the 1st round and most all fighters would have tapped out but lesnar is a champion and he proved in the 2nd round of that fight the reason why he's the best heavyweight in the world, you will always have a fighter that fights you tough as nails and I think sonnen is that type of fighter for Silva, but silva showed true heart and did what he needed to do and that was get the W.

I don't disagree with his championship status. It's the #1 PFP status that I disagree with.

GSP got rocked and the loss was a wake up call for him and no one has come close again. Lesner got rocked for one round and came back the second round. I'm sure it was a wake up call for him.

Silva was dominated. The best fighter in the world can't spend four and a half rounds on his back waiting on the right opportunity to present itself two minutes before the fight ends. It either messed with confidence or woke him up. We'll see his next fight, he may come back better than ever. Then I'll change my mind.

Guest baseball25
i watch that GSP vs Serra tonight GSP had the chance to compose his self but he panic and got knocked out....thats the difference Silva didn't panic and silva didn't get knocked out he got dominated the first 4 rounds and in the 5th he found a way to win, thing is he beat up sonnen pretty good on the ground bloddied him up good.

http://www.mmatko.com/georges-st-pierre-vs-matt-serra-fight-video-ufc-69-knockout/

I didnt see much of any composure from silva.
If you consider 4.5 rounds on your back getting pounded and not being able to do anything as composure then i guess we have different defintions of composure.
It was great that he had ability to get that arm bar off (im only a blue belt in bjj and i called it as soon as i saw his arms laying straight out acros silva) even though sonnen left him self open for it.
But even though it was an officail loss for sonnen, he won the match and showed the world silva can and will be beat soon. I see a rematch soon...very soon...and i see sonnen finishing the fight on the ground. Im 100% sure he is begging dana right now to have a rematch.
But if the gsp silva fight does happen and dont see silva winning it.
Even with the size advantage of silva, gsp doesnt miss take downs and he is a better striker than sonnen. Not as good as silva but just long enough to take him down and beat his face in.

Guest baseball25
lol, if sonnen couldn't finish Silva then he won't finish him in the 2nd he had his chance, plain and simple, Silva showed heart and never panic, most fighters would panic, Sonnen lost lol he didn't win. Its just like in football your getting your butt kicked for 3 qtrs and manning and Favre lead there team in the 4th qtr with a come back victory, or when Lakers are down 20 in the 4th and Kobe leads them to a comeback, Sonnen lost he got the L on his record and silva didn't, Silva wins the rematch I promise you, if Sonnen couldn't finish him then he will won't finish him in the 2nd fight. As a fighter you always have a bad fight, and that was silva bad fight and he still won, GSP had a bad fight and LOST, FEDOR had a bad fight and LOST, Silva had a horrible fight and he found a way to win.........

Let compare apples to apples. Footballs a team sport with a lot of people to fault and praise. Fighting is one on one. Unlike football, when you fight once, twice a year, that one bad fight means something, especially if you’re claiming to be the best PFP fighter on the planet.

I won’t argue the rematch outcome. But let’s not forget the Machida Shogun rematch. Silva has gotten complacent and taken his opponents for granted. He may very well come back with a vengeance. I have a hard time excusing one bad fight especially when he has been criticized for his past efforts. It really looked like he came out at the beginning of each round ready to attack and was put back on his heels with not much to challenge back. Sonnen shut down his game.

Still the deserving champion though.

[font=Courier]Silva won. Get over it. He's the champ. 12-0 in UFC. That's why they go 5 rounds not 4. If Sonnen was BETTER than Silva, he would have finished him. All he did was smother him and get in some good strikes. Did you see Sonnen's face? While Sonnen was on top, Silva was getting in some good shots but you don't see it alot or hear it from those 2 idiots they have doing play by play and color commentary.

That's like saying, well the Dallas Cowboys led for 3.5 quarters and lost on a late field by the Redskins to lose the game, but Dallas still won tho. [/font]

[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="824054" timestamp="1281374605"]
[font=Courier]Silva won. Get over it. He's the champ. 12-0 in UFC. That's why they go 5 rounds not 4. If Sonnen was BETTER than Silva, he would have finished him. All he did was smother him and get in some good strikes. Did you see Sonnen's face? While Sonnen was on top, Silva was getting in some good shots but you don't see it alot or hear it from those 2 idiots they have doing play by play and color commentary.

That's like saying, well the Dallas Cowboys led for 3.5 quarters and lost on a late field by the Redskins to lose the game, but Dallas still won tho. [/font]
[/quote]

No one here disputed his victory or his championship status.

Is he the champion and does he deserve it, yes.

Best fighter on the planet, I don't think so, not from what I saw.

Best

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4