Kevin Iole on ANDERSON SILVA WIN (Sounds like my impression of the win for silva

Guest baseball25

Guest baseball25
Nothing to be proud of’ for Silva

Anderson Silva may have submitted Chael Sonnen at UFC 117 on Saturday and gotten another win, but that fight was nothing to be proud of for Anderson. I’m an Anderson fan, and I’d bet money he’s disgusted with his performance. He’d been acting like Sonnen had got into his head for months now and clearly seemed unwilling to reveal his true feelings against Sonnen during the pre-fight buildup for fear of being humiliated if he actually lost. It almost seems like he knows he only has a few fights left and he’s trying to “not get knocked out” rather than take any chances. I’m not sure if he’s getting old or just doesn’t have his heart in it anymore, but it might be time for him to retire before he gets hurt. I realize Sonnen was a poor style matchup and fought a great fight, but no one expected Anderson to be humiliated like that for 4½ rounds. Getting dominated for an entire fight and barely pulling it out with a single (lucky?) move at the end does not prove you’re the better fighter, it usually proves the opposite – that the worse fighter (that night) got lucky. Silva’s best days are over and Saturday’s “win” was hardly a victory (please stop believing all of Dana White’s propaganda). I just hope he can see the writing on the wall before it’s too late.
Randy Anderson
Atlanta

[b]I couldn’t disagree more, Randy. It would have been easy for Silva to throw in the towel, figure he’d been beaten and try to come back on another night. He overcame adversity. He was facing an opponent with the perfect style to defeat him and that opponent went out and fought the fight of his life. The fact that Silva managed to keep his composure considering the duress he was under and then pull off a submission like he did speaks to his greatness as a fighter. He wasn’t on top of his game for much of the fight, but he still showed heart and courage and found a way to win. To me, that speaks volumes about him as a fighter. [/b]

Bold is Iole Answer

IT MIGHT BE TIME FOR HIM TO RETIRE BEFORE HE GETS HURT??? what in the h### have you been watching during his past 12 ufc fights?? he has HUMILIATED over half of his title defense opponents. All this crap everyone is saying about him is ridiculous, but this is by far the worst. Did you happen to see Sonnens' face after the fight? he looked like he got scolded with an iron. and as for Silva, he looked like nothing even touched him. 90% of those punches "landed" by Sonnen were blocked and absorbed by Silva's guard. and the few strikes and elbows that silva landed did FAR more damage to Sonnen. Bottom line, Silva STOPPED the fight. He MADE Sonnen quit. And Silva should retire before he gets hurt?? He was the one who hurt Sonnen!! I agree with Iole, he was not on top of his game and Sonnen is a GREAT fighter himself. Silva was not on his game because he got rocked in the first minute and threw his game off until the last two rounds where he was back to winning the stand up match before getting pinned down. IMO, great win for Silva. Not the best performance but definately should not retire. wtf are you thinking?

Guest baseball25
Lol dude I agree with iole that is what i been stating since the fight was over that her showed why he was a champ I don't Agree with what the fan wrote

I have to also agree with Iole's veiw. Anderson is still a great fighter and champion. BUT, he needs to correct something, something must improve, wheather it's in his preperation, mental game or maybe just the sore ribs he claimed. Repeated performances like that will cost him a win in the near future.

Guest baseball25
Hey Mat I said these same thing day after fight and you didn't agree with me but you did with iole lol, Silva dominated and toyes with Maia and maia face looked pathetic, silva is fine he's 12-0 in the UFC and has beat everyone put in front of him.....[b]He overcame adversity. He was facing an opponent with the perfect style to defeat him and that opponent went out and fought the fight of his life. The fact that Silva managed to keep his composure considering the duress he was under and then pull off a submission like he did speaks to his greatness as a fighter.[/b]

Check out my posts on the other thread. I never disagreed or questioned Silva's win or him as a champion. Just as my past post states, I doubt his #1 PFP status. At this moment I don't consider him best on the planet.

Iole never made that claim or I would have disagreed. He just deffended Silva's champion status and I agree with both of you on that. I still say he'll get beat soon if he doesn't step it up. I guess that's what ticks me off. We all know how good he can be but I haven't seen the fire in him since the Forrest fight.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4