PN-G aiming high again

[color=purple]"He pushed me hard," Bertrand said. "He set the standard for PN-G running backs. I'm determined to keep that in my mind and to live up to that. That is a goal of mine. I want to do what he did."[/color]

I thought PNG did a good job with conveying the tradition & history of the program.  Harmon was a good back not doubt and I hope he does great a LU, but claiming he is the standard bearer with the Jeff "the Jet" Bergeron having been a HS All American is hard for me to see.

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="824639" timestamp="1281550824"]
[color=purple]"He pushed me hard," Bertrand said. "He set the standard for PN-G running backs. I'm determined to keep that in my mind and to live up to that. That is a goal of mine. I want to do what he did."[/color]

I thought PNG did a good job with conveying the tradition & history of the program.  Harmon was a good back not doubt and I hope he does great a LU, but claiming he is the standard bearer with the Jeff "the Jet" Bergeron having been a HS All American is hard for me to see.
[/quote]

Jeff the Jet graduated a long time ago. Bertrand wasn't even born yet. It would take a historian to know all the good running backs in PNG's history.

Guest Cangus07
[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="824639" timestamp="1281550824"]

I thought PNG did a good job with conveying the tradition & history of the program.  Harmon was a good back not doubt and I hope he does great a LU, but claiming he is the standard bearer with the Jeff "the Jet" Bergeron having been a HS All American is hard for me to see.
[/quote]

I don't think that having Bertrand claim Harmon as "setting the standard" will affect the fact that Jeff Bergeron is and always will be one of PNG's greats. I wouldn't be so hard on one of the kids.

[quote name="NDNband69" post="824667" timestamp="1281559975"]
[quote author=The GOAT link=topic=71560.msg824601#msg824601 date=1281542721]
I went checkout the indians this morning. :-X ;D
[/quote] 

And what did "The Goat" see at The Reservation? 
[/quote]You know how it is being day three, no pads mostly instructional coaching which is right on with everyone else who had spring ball. I can't wait till Friday though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tappedout- it's never just practice, it's practice against someone you can finally HIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's darn near a game before the real deal starts and you better believe boths teams have points they want to prove to the other!

Guest tappedout
Goat,

I don't think any team is going to do everything they do in a scrimmage. They will work on certain area's that they need to get better at. I believe PNG will work more on the run in this scrimmage because their will not be much need to drop back and throw a lot of passes because they know what they can do in the passing game. PNG will use a lot of player's as they did last year in the scrimmage. Last year at one time during the scrimmage Memorial at their first team going against 2nd and 3rd teamer's. So I look at a scrimmage just as I look at preseason football in the NFL. For the player's and fan's you may think it mean's something but it is just a practice to most coaches. I never judge how good or bad a team will be based off of a scrimmage.

[quote name="tappedout" post="824748" timestamp="1281579048"]
Goat,

I don't think any team is going to do everything they do in a scrimmage. They will work on certain area's that they need to get better at. I believe PNG will work more on the run in this scrimmage because their will not be much need to drop back and throw a lot of passes because they know what they can do in the passing game. PNG will use a lot of player's as they did last year in the scrimmage. Last year at one time during the scrimmage Memorial at their first team going against 2nd and 3rd teamer's. So I look at a scrimmage just as I look at preseason football in the NFL. For the player's and fan's you may think it mean's something but it is just a practice to most coaches. I never judge how good or bad a team will be based off of a scrimmage.
[/quote]This is true, I expect us to do a lot passing  because we know we can run the ball, i still disagree with you about scrimmages being just practice, this sets a tone for the season, i want my players/team ready and focused to score/tackle everytime they touch the field, if it's just practice each team could stay home and continue to beat each other up and just wait for 0 week.

Talked w/my Nam Sgt.Rodriquez in San Antonio and he said alot of the Tejano's are leaving near the Alamodome as he heard them saying 30,000 indians were heading that way and they're a powerful tribe  and were undefeated in many battles last yr.and their drums can be heard for miles.Taco bell has already shut down communications  to run for the border:D

[quote name="liltex" post="824988" timestamp="1281651476"]
Talked w/my Nam Sgt.Rodriquez in San Antonio and he said alot of the Tejano's are leaving near the Alamodome as he heard them saying 30,000 indians were heading that way and they're a powerful tribe  and were undefeated in many battles last yr.and their drums can be heard for miles.Taco bell has already shut down communications  to run for the border:D
[/quote]
As long as enough of them stay behind to keep Mi Tierra open at the Market we'll be fine!  ;D

[quote name="liltex" post="824988" timestamp="1281651476"]
[/quote]
LOL! ;D Thats funny. I don't care who you are, thats funny.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heatherjo
    Newest Member
    heatherjo