4A's Toughest District

jabu84

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="826339" timestamp="1282058050"]
I'll put our top 3 against any other district's top 3 from region 3.  From top to bottom, most districts would take us though....
[/quote]

You must be trying to stir the pot a little, because after ya'll that district is sub par at best. 19-4A smacked around Montgomery and Waller last year. New additions to your district Northbrook, Spring Woods are horrible. Stratford has decent teams every now and then. Pound for pound your district may not be in the top 5 in region 3. Of course this over the past several years including last year.

D17- Brenham,Montgomery, Stratford
D18- Humble, Huntsville, Willis
D19- Dayton, Crosby, GC Memorial
D20- Central, PNG, Nederland
D23- Angelton, El Campo, Foster
D24- Friendswood, Dawson, LaMarque/Manvel

Please tell me how the 3 D17 teams are better as a whole then the other districts mentioned. I would say it goes in this order, D24, D20, D19, D23, D17, D18. That would put ya'll in the 5th spot.

Like I said...  Our top 3.  I'm aware that the rest of the district sucks.  Crosby got by Montgomery last year, but I think they would win 20-4A and atleast finish in the top 2 in 19-4A. (behind Dayton) Our third best team, Stratford is better than any other third best team in any district in region 3.  If I'm wrong, let me know what team is better? (remember they have to be your districts third best team)  As for Montgomery and Crosby this year, we'll see what happens on the 27th...

24-4A & 17-4A is close.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="826644" timestamp="1282101356"]
Like I said...  Our top 3.  I'm aware that the rest of the district sucks.  Crosby got by Montgomery last year, but I think they would win 20-4A and atleast finish in the top 2 in 19-4A. (behind Dayton) Our third best team, Stratford is better than any other third best team in any district in region 3.  If I'm wrong, let me know what team is better? (remember they have to be your districts third best team)  As for Montgomery and Crosby this year, we'll see what happens on the 27th...

24-4A & 17-4A is close.
[/quote]

Let's see, where do I begin? Montgomery beat a very weak Austin Del Valle team 1st round and then got beat by Crosby, which was beat by PNG. If you take PNG and Nederland, I know they beat Montgomery and Stratford, just like I think Dawson, Crosby, GC Memorial, El Campo beat Montgomery or Startford. Just because Startford was 5A doesn't mean a whole lot to me. They've always been in a weak district and get pumeled by the Katy district in the first round year in and year out. They had some decent teams a couple of years ago when they had a D1 QB, but they're average 4A now.

Forgot to say, there's no way in heck that Montgomery would win our district. Your losing credibility now.

That's based on last year...  You shouldn't base hs sports, on last years results or the whole "my team beat a team that your team lost to" theory... :D  I mean we lost to Waller last year, so does that mean that every1 that beat them last year, is better than us? ;) lol
As for Dawson, you might have that part right, but none of those other teams will take Montgomery this year.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="826654" timestamp="1282102919"]
That's based on last year...  You shouldn't base hs sports, on last years results or the whole "my team beat a team that your team lost to" theory... :D  I mean we lost to Waller last year, so does that mean that every1 that beat them last year, is better than us? ;) lol
As for Dawson, you might have that part right, but none of those other teams will take Montgomery this year.
[/quote]

Then what do you base it on? Our team this year might be as good as lasts years team and probably better. Everybody has an opinion and that's mine. I notice there's some matchups early in the season and we'll see. Mark my words though, Montgomery wouldn't win our district this year, I promise you.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="826659" timestamp="1282103161"]
If Dobbins stays healthy, I'm confident that the credibility will be restored...  You'll see...
[/quote]

I know about Dobbins and the QB, but it takes a team. They will be salty no doubt, but your going by LAST YEARS numbers? Now you see what I'm talking about. You might have to worry about week 7. If they pull the upset, then I look closer at them. I just think when you play in a district that is a one man show, that's the only game you have to worry about. I think in alot of these other districts atleast five to six weeks is going to be a fight.

I use Dobbins #'s from last year, because he is returning.  As for their QB, the coaches son, I'm not that impressed.  Ya, he had like 16 td's and only one pick, but IMO its cuz teams worrie about Dobbins and stack the box so much.  We played man coverage and they didn't even complete a pass.  That one interception was from us too.  (our db's are all back) However, they have good coaching, a solid defense and the most underrated player around, IMO. (Dobbins) Bolfing does have potential though.  I totally agree about only worrying about week 7 and week 10.  I wish our district was more competitive from top to bottom like yalls or 24-4A.

im going way out on the limb here but im going to predict an all 24 4a regional finals for both d1 and d2!  Laugh now but i think its more likely then people will admit.  If both g ball and dawson make the playoffs that would send friendswood d2 along with probally manvel.  Last season they had 3 of 4 but that was with angleton which i know was very good.  brenham beat em that day but they wouldnt win that game on a regular basis. Last year santa fe gets in a coin flip.  Not to take anything away from them but manvel would have been a much better playoff team.  My point is this conference should have no issues getting in 4 very solid teams.  lamarque will also be back on the rise so imo their is 5 qualoy teams vying for playoff births.  Dont be shocked if this is what we see.  Brenham and Angleton will be the only two that could break this prediction up.

i believe brenham plays hst lamar  in the first few wks.  FW scrimmaged them last Sat.  They have 4 D1 recruits and the Fw coach said said there defense is very stingy.  Apparently Fw marched down the field on their first possesion and scored what would end up being the only points by either team.Overall it sounded like FW was pleased with the performance against a good 5a team. I thought you may be interested Brenham Fan.

Thanks...  Ya, I was wondering how that went.  Their QB is a 3 year starter and is going to Houston.  HB is a Cal committ, and I believe one of the others is a CB.  Not sure about the fourth, but I think he's a lineman.  Very talented bunch, and your right about that defense.  You mind scouting Stratford for me when y'all play?  I've read about them over the years, but never watched them.  We plan to give them a 17-4A welcome they won't forget.  I'm sure your aware of Manvel by now, and their QB...  They did put it on Angleton last year by more than 2 td's. (w/o Diggs, but still impressive)

We have a D1 recruit on the OL to match up with him.  Our HB isn't afraid of contact and won't hesitate to pick up a block.  He'll be a D1 recruit next year along with our DT.  With a track star receiver who is going to Texas Tech for football and a good QB that has started for 3 years, I think we'll be ok.  This annual Brenham vs Lamar game is starting to turn into a bitter rivalry.  I know one thing...  This game will be very physical.  ;D

[quote name="rjn75" post="826934" timestamp="1282161484"]
Id love to watch that game but ill either be at a Fw or Clear Springs game.
[/quote]

It would be a long drive if you did, it's in Brenham.  Another game you might want to catch is Brenham @ Stratford.  It's closer, it's on a Thursday, so you won't miss your teams game and you can scout us or Stratford....(depending if y'all go D1- Stratford or D2- Brenham)... Last game of the season so it will give you a pretty accurate assessment.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="826233" timestamp="1282014082"]
24-4A is a gauntlet!  Our district, (17-4A) is pretty weird...  We have 3 of the best teams in 4A region 3 (Brenham, Montgomery & Stratford) On the other hand, the rest of the district is below average, at best.  Could make for an interesting year, with a couple of upsets.

As for 24-4A, my picks are Dawson, Friendswood, Manvel and Ball.
[/quote]
I fear montgomery may be pretty darn good this season.

[quote name="rjn75" post="826894" timestamp="1282156209"]
Sure, i ll let you know how that game goes.  That other Lamar player I believe is the defensive linemen that is going to UT
Hes the one the coaches and refs pulled out for starting fights.
[/quote]

No the other committ is their LT - committ to Houston - he plays a little D and he got pulled for starting fights. He is good!

[quote name="fwstangs" post="827507" timestamp="1282259178"]
[quote author=rjn75 link=topic=71605.msg826894#msg826894 date=1282156209]
Sure, i ll let you know how that game goes.  That other Lamar player I believe is the defensive linemen that is going to UT
Hes the one the coaches and refs pulled out for starting fights.
[/quote]

No the other committ is their LT - committ to Houston - he plays a little D and he got pulled for starting fights. He is good!
[/quote]

Sounds like he might get to meet Mr. Malcolm Brown. ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    chipslift1
    Newest Member
    chipslift1