NOBODY WINS OR LOSES SCRIMMAGES!!!!!!!

Guest ECBucFan
Correct! The only real "loss" would be if you sustained injuries. Otherwise, scrimmage [i]results[/i] are about as important as 7 on 7 results, meaning essentially nothing... 

Ok here is how I figure this works: 1 if you score more touchdowns than the other team and your a team who usually wins then you just played well. 2: If you are a team who normally does not play well and you outscore the other team then you won the scrimmage 3: If your a team from 19-4a and you scrimmage a team from 20-4a and outscore your opponent because you leave your starters in for 4 quarters then that, well that is priceless ;)

Guest LR1969
I agree but I am also smart enough to realize that the "winner" will almost always put more stock in the "win" and the "loser" will almost always play up the fact that it wasn't a "real" game. The fact is, scrimmages come in many colors. I have been to some that were nothing more than co-practice sessions and I have been to others that were as close to a real game as you can get (full contact/rotation/special teams, etc.). I didn't see any this year so I can't say yeah or nay on the results. Just glad to see football is back!

[quote name="LR1969" post="825694" timestamp="1281879365"]
I agree but I am also smart enough to realize that the "winner" will almost always put more stock in the "win" and the "loser" will almost always play up the fact that it wasn't a "real" game. The fact is, scrimmages come in many colors. I have been to some that were nothing more than co-practice sessions and I have been to others that were as close to a real game as you can get (full contact/rotation/special teams, etc.). I didn't see any this year so I can't say yeah or nay on the results. Just glad to see football is back!
[/quote]

Lufkin and WB will be like a game...refs, clock, score, no coaches on the field during game, play clock, links, BBQ sandwiches, you name it....come out and see this practice, Saturday 3 pm Durley Stadium.

[quote name="SgtRey" post="825701" timestamp="1281880256"]
[quote author=LR1969 link=topic=71658.msg825694#msg825694 date=1281879365]
[/quote]

Lufkin and WB will be like a game...refs, clock, score, no coaches on the field during game, play clock, links, BBQ sandwiches, you name it....come out and see this practice, Saturday 3 pm Durley Stadium.
[/quote]

I will be on the sidelines for this one. SgtRey, bring me a chipped beef sandwich please.

(btw, no team will win or lose this one either) ;D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="825704" timestamp="1281880460"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=71658.msg825701#msg825701 date=1281880256]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I will be on the sidelines for this one. SgtRey, bring me a chipped beef sandwich please.

[/quote]

The only loser here is grammar in the fight against double negatives.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="825704" timestamp="1281880460"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Actually I may do Fajitas...there sooo good, it will make you want to SLAP UR MOMMA!!! but Soulja will do.

[quote name="SgtRey" post="825710" timestamp="1281880952"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=71658.msg825704#msg825704 date=1281880460]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Actually I may do Fajitas...there sooo good, it will make you want to[b] SLAP UR MOMMA[/b]!!! [b]but Soulja[/b][b] will[/b][b] do.[/b]
[/quote]i think soulja will say, ull come out better slappin yo mama :D :D lol funny stuff

When ya get to age you're considered a antique you get a little smarter until that old timers stuff takes you back to your childhood.When you've been disabled for 11 yrs.you gotta do something.The thing is none of the pollsters and few of our posters can put a tag of sorts on HEART,the reason I luv HS Football.

[quote name="SgtRey" post="825710" timestamp="1281880952"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=71658.msg825704#msg825704 date=1281880460]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Actually I may do Fajitas...there sooo good, it will make you want to SLAP UR MOMMA!!! but Soulja will do.
[/quote] :D :D :D

Does a scrimmage give you any insight on how good a team really is?  Obviously scrimmages can tell a whole lot about the players on the team, their cohesiveness, and about how well a team may execute a particular series of plays.  Coaches clearly accumulate a lot of information from scrimmages, but does the "score" of a scrimmage tell you something about the regular season performance of your team?  I think the answer to that is no.  The simple reason being coaches are not coaching for the win in these scrimmages (nor should they be).  They are evaluating different players to see how well they execute.  Scrimmages help coaching staffs identify where the weak spots are, and what the team should spend more time on in future practices.  The "score" is virtually meaningless.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ashworth32
    Newest Member
    ashworth32