What's going on in New Waverly?

Looks like they had some last minute coaching changes.  

Ken Craig resigned a couple of weeks before two a days to accept an assistant coaching position at Klein Oak. New Waverly ISD acted pretty quickly though, tabbing Ricky Tullos, former head coach at Cleveland who is now on the staff at Livingston, to be their next coach.  However, Tullos had to decline the job as he learned from Randy Rowe (head coach and AD at Livingston) that the Livingston ISD would not release him from his contract.  So New Waverly ISD, according to the Huntsville papers, elevated assistant Coach Tommy Bohannon to the position.  

But Bohannon's tenure was short as they hired M.K. Hamilton, former coach as North Dallas High.  But as I understand it, Coach Hamilton had not signed on until LATE last week.  Confusion reigns supreme just south of Huntsville!

Why would Livingston force Tullos to stay if he wanted to go elsewhere?? Seems to me that they wouldn't want someone around who would rather be elsewhere.  How will he explain this to his players......"I know I tried to leave, but I really want to be here in Livingston now so please play hard for me!"???

[quote name="Rebel4Christ" post="826025" timestamp="1281980030"]
Why would Livingston force Tullos to stay if he wanted to go elsewhere?? Seems to me that they wouldn't want someone around who would rather be elsewhere.  How will he explain this to his players......"I know I tried to leave, but I really want to be here in Livingston now so please play hard for me!"???
[/quote]Well remember, Tullos is an assistant at Livingston, not the head coach.  The only reason I could imagine that they wouldn't let him out of the contract is that he just got there.

Guest A-TOWN
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="826010" timestamp="1281976217"]
WOW!!!!!

[b]I wonder if NW's basketball coach Billy Goffney will have to be the OC and DC for the football team.[/b]

Kind of sticky with the Livingston ISD not releasing Tullos. I wonder if Tullos will get the job next year.
[/quote] Does he help out with Football

[quote name="A-TOWN" post="826043" timestamp="1281983658"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=71685.msg826010#msg826010 date=1281976217]
WOW!!!!!

[b]I wonder if NW's basketball coach Billy Goffney will have to be the OC and DC for the football team.[/b]

Kind of sticky with the Livingston ISD not releasing Tullos. I wonder if Tullos will get the job next year.
[/quote] Does he help out with Football
[/quote]

Everyone at New Waverly coaches football.

It is a little more scandalous than what most people know.  Let's put it this way:  The town was a little unhappy about the decision the administration made, regardless of the contract situation.  To be honest, I think the contract situation was more of an excuse as to why he did not take the position.  From what I understand (and this is hearsay) the people were unhappy about the decision that wasn't made.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Split Down The Bayou
    Newest Member
    Split Down The Bayou