Vidor/WO-S scrimmage updates

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="skipper" post="827825" timestamp="1282314706"]
dan is up to his old tricks he is one of the best around doing that dont you think lmto
[/quote]

He may be up to his old tricks but he it doing it at a lot slower pace. That is the calmest I have seen Dan Hooks since I first ran across him in the late 80s. He is moving around pretty slow. I guess I am just used to him being in the middle of the field screaming at the refs. I guess everyone mellows a little, even old Danny Boy.

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="venom33" post="827828" timestamp="1282314902"]
it amazes me that no matter what wos does, to some it will never be enough.
[/quote]

If your referring to me then you are wrong.  I was very impressed with the team last night.  They looked good.  What I saw last night will definetly change my thought and predictions I had before last night.  I was just commenting on that one play and what I saw, I was not trying to take anything away from what they done.  Sorry

Here is my two cents.Good scrimmage for wo-s.Good pratice.Did a lot better than last week but Vidor is no Dayton.Not going to put a whole lot of stock into this scrimmage other than a good pratice.Next couple of games will give us a better fell about this team and there is a lot of football left for improvment to be made.

The Pirates took a trouncing last night by a very talented Mustang lineup. I hope the pain of last nights pounding doesn't turn into the dull ache of a prolonged losing season. Bottom line.... Vidor must shake off last nights disappointment and not allow a bad scrimmage to erode team morale

[quote name="Roughrider" post="827794" timestamp="1282312625"]
If I was a WOS fan, I would be a little concerned about how Vidor moved the ball around the corners with the Chain Gang pretty much stacking 11 men in the box. There was never a threat for Vidor to pass so everyone knew it was a run every play. In all fairness, I left at half time so did not see much in the second half. But Vidor fumbled in their own red zone and it was returned for a TD. Probably should have been WOS 6--Vidor 0 at half time.

On the other hand, WOS QB is very dangerous along with the big WR. I just feel that the stangs were to one dimensional to move the ball. A really good defense will put a spy man on the QB and put a halt to all those long scrambles. With that being said, he is one heck of an athlete with a good double threat, scramble/run and he has a good arm. That endzone pass in the corner to big boy is gonna be pretty tough to stop.

I really think this WOS/NED game is gonna be a really good hard fought game. I cant wait.
[/quote]

One dimensional... WOS had over 200 yards rushing and 170 passing??? I wonder what game you watched... LOL

I have to agree with the block in the back though. Dont know what that was all about... :D

[quote name="Gasilla" post="827918" timestamp="1282322433"]
[quote author=Roughrider link=topic=71834.msg827794#msg827794 date=1282312625]
If I was a WOS fan, I would be a little concerned about how Vidor moved the ball around the corners with the Chain Gang pretty much stacking 11 men in the box. There was never a threat for Vidor to pass so everyone knew it was a run every play. In all fairness, I left at half time so did not see much in the second half. But Vidor fumbled in their own red zone and it was returned for a TD. Probably should have been WOS 6--Vidor 0 at half time.

On the other hand, WOS QB is very dangerous along with the big WR. I just feel that the stangs were to one dimensional to move the ball. A really good defense will put a spy man on the QB and put a halt to all those long scrambles. With that being said, he is one heck of an athlete with a good double threat, scramble/run and he has a good arm. That endzone pass in the corner to big boy is gonna be pretty tough to stop.

I really think this WOS/NED game is gonna be a really good hard fought game. I cant wait.
[/quote]

One dimensional... WOS had over 200 yards rushing and 170 passing??? I wonder what game you watched... LOL

I have to agree with the block in the back though. Dont know what that was all about... :D
[/quote]

As I said, I left at half time so I may have mispoke on that .

[quote name="skipper" post="827904" timestamp="1282321122"]
nice to have seen you lastnight gunho, how did you like the little walter payton lol,see you friday night

[/quote]
It was nice to watch.What was nicer was the receivers catching the ball.We have let a lot of games go sour in the past by the inability of catching that little oval ball. ;D

It's been a long off season but it finnaly got here.

Ok im really getting tired of everyone saying that vidor is not dayton...im pretty sure we all know that!!! But do all ya'll know that we will do NOT have to play dayton again this year! And that even though we are a great football program, we are a 3a school! Which means we won't be playing a team with that kind of numbers in the regular season or post season! I mean congradulations of beating us in the first scrimmage of the year but get over it lol i mean ya'll do got other teams to worry about!

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="the-riot07" post="828063" timestamp="1282340175"]
Ok im really getting tired of everyone saying that vidor is not dayton...im pretty sure we all know that!!! But do all ya'll know that we will do NOT have to play dayton again this year! And that even though we are a great football program, we are a 3a school! Which means we won't be playing a team with that kind of numbers in the regular season or post season! I mean congradulations of beating us in the first scrimmage of the year but get over it lol i mean ya'll do got other teams to worry about!
[/quote] 

ok vidor is no friendswood!!  is that better?  guess whos next? 

[quote name="skipper" post="828076" timestamp="1282342903"]
dont look like coach dan is all that upset about the mustangs kicking game at this point in time,dont look for wo-s to win by a FG are extra point this year  :(. i was told KICKER was working with a kid  what happned to that
[/quote]
Skip, YOU are the ONLY person that I have heard this from. You sure you didn't dream that. LOL

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="rykerx144" post="827822" timestamp="1282314226"]
If I was a WOS fan, I would be a little concerned about how Vidor moved the ball around the corners with the Chain Gang pretty much stacking 11 men in the box. There was never a threat for Vidor to pass so everyone knew it was a run every play. In all fairness, I left at half time so did not see much in the second half. [color=red][size=12pt]But Vidor fumbled in their own red zone and it was returned for a TD. Probably should have been WOS 6--Vidor 0 at half time. [/size] [/color]

[/quote]

thats the play i was talking about giving Hooks credit for the 6 points.  WOS picked up a fumble and ran it the length of the field.  The Line Judge on WOS side threw a flag for a OBVIOUS block in the back.  Immediately after the play was over Hooks had conversation with the LJ that threw the flag and the Umpire came over for a second and they talked with Hooks and then it was waved off and counted the TD.  About that time is when Matthews justifiably blew his top!! LOL   Hooks needs credit for them 6 points LOL ;D
[/quote]

WOS will survive in the playoffs until Hooks runs into an officiating crew he can't intimidate.

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="828086" timestamp="1282344646"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=71834.msg827822#msg827822 date=1282314226]
If I was a WOS fan, I would be a little concerned about how Vidor moved the ball around the corners with the Chain Gang pretty much stacking 11 men in the box. There was never a threat for Vidor to pass so everyone knew it was a run every play. In all fairness, I left at half time so did not see much in the second half. [color=red][size=12pt]But Vidor fumbled in their own red zone and it was returned for a TD. Probably should have been WOS 6--Vidor 0 at half time. [/size] [/color]

[/quote]

thats the play i was talking about giving Hooks credit for the 6 points.  WOS picked up a fumble and ran it the length of the field.  The Line Judge on WOS side threw a flag for a OBVIOUS block in the back.  Immediately after the play was over Hooks had conversation with the LJ that threw the flag and the Umpire came over for a second and they talked with Hooks and then it was waved off and counted the TD.  About that time is when Matthews justifiably blew his top!! LOL   Hooks needs credit for them 6 points LOL ;D
[/quote]

WOS will survive in the playoffs until Hooks runs into an officiating crew he can't intimidate.
[/quote]

You know, I have heard plenty of crying about that with Dan over the years, and I have either seen or played in nearly every game WOS has played and most of that is BS and sour grapes most of the time. However, last night I think he may actually have intimidated those ref's into making that call. It was obvious, blatant and right in the middle of the field where everyone in attendence saw it, but they went and assessed the penalty on the kick off instead of calling the TD back. WOS more than likely would have scored later anyway because they just couldn't stop them, but I'm still scratching my head over how they called it. ::)

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="828086" timestamp="1282344646"]

[/quote]

regardless of whether Hooks had his way over a call in a scrimmage or not, this is a stupid comment. i guess we should just forfeit all of our games since Hooks became head coach. they were only victories because Hooks intimidated the refs right?

[quote name="Judex" post="828130" timestamp="1282350235"]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=71834.msg828086#msg828086 date=1282344646]

[/quote]

regardless of whether Hooks had his way over a call in a scrimmage or not, this is a stupid comment. i guess we should just forfeit all of our games since Hooks became head coach. they were only victories because Hooks intimidated the refs right?
[/quote]

What's up Cuz?

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="the-riot07" post="828394" timestamp="1282363796"]
Im glad vidor is not friendswood! We want to play the best! That away once we get to play ya'll it will be like playing our freshman hahaha jk
[/quote]

i guess that theory could work for or against you!  Have you ever lost to your freshman team? Now that would be embarassing!  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4