GCM @ Lumberton Scrimmage

Based on what I saw last week, Lumberton's D even without The Beast is even more stingy this year than last, the secondary could play in a little closer but I realize they are trying to offset speed differences some times. The O can move the ball although the question is if they can successfully move it in the redzone, not sure they were really trying to get across the goal line last week more than they were just trying to make sure they have their routes and plays down good.
Wasn't GCM the 4th place team last year in their district, to me 3rd and 4th place are average at best and can be taken down fairly easily and yes I realize our last trip to the post season was as the 3rd place finisher, we went out the first round too.

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="827925" timestamp="1282322917"]
Based on what I saw last week, Lumberton's D even without The Beast is even more stingy this year than last, the secondary could play in a little closer but I realize they are trying to offset speed differences some times. The O can move the ball although the question is if they can successfully move it in the redzone, not sure they were really trying to get across the goal line last week more than they were just trying to make sure they have their routes and plays down good.
Wasn't GCM the 4th place team last year in their district, to me 3rd and 4th place are average at best and can be taken down fairly easily and yes I realize our last trip to the post season was as the 3rd place finisher, we went out the first round too.
[/quote]

GCM played Central and lost 7 to 0 as the third seed it says.

Report from AAW:

The teams are playing 4 -12 minute quarters.

At the half, Lumberton 10, Goose Creek Memorial 7

[b]Lumberton[/b]
28 plays, 142 total yards
8 first downs
1 TD (18 yd pass from Hughes to Pace)
1  27 yd FG.
2 lost fumbles

[b]Goose Creek[/b]
29 plays
141 total yards
8 first downs
1 TD (2 yd run)
2 lost fumbles, 1 INT

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="828142" timestamp="1282350772"]
Report from AAW:

The teams are playing 4 -12 minute quarters.

At the half, Lumberton 10, Goose Creek Memorial 7

[b]Lumberton[/b]
28 plays, 142 total yards
8 first downs
1 TD (18 yd pass from Hughes to Pace)
1  27 yd FG.
2 lost fumbles

[b]Goose Creek[/b]
29 plays
141 total yards
8 first downs
1 TD (2 yd run)
2 lost fumbles, 1 INT

[/quote]Wow, the stats are exactly alike. like a mirror of each other :)

Last report from AAW:

Final on the scrimmage, Lumberton 17, Goose Creek Memorial 7

[b]Lumberton[/b]
54 plays, 253 total yards
15 first downs
2 touchdowns
4 turnovers

[b]Goose Creek Memorial[/b]
57 plays, 191 total yards
10 first downs
1 touchdown
5 turnovers

AAW noted that there were 26 penalties (14 Goose Creek Memorial, 12 Lumberton), more in this scrimmage than the 5 scrimmages he had been to.  They definitely called it tighter than the others.

Guest LR1969
Took in a few minutes of this one (second half) and saw more yellow flags than I will probably see the rest of the season...HA! The Raiders actually looked a little bigger than I expected. Must have spent some time in the weight room this summer. Lots of mistakes for both teams but it was a scrimmage. We'll see what the Raiders have when they play Jasper next week. Throw the classifications (3A/4A) out the window. The Dawgs and Raiders have a long history and the Dawgs currently rule that history (If I remember correctly). Hope the Raiders can change that next week!!!

Boram...You sound a lot like Lou Holtz there...ha. Playing the "poor us" card. Don't worry. Plenty of teams will overlook the Raiders!! LOL!

All in all pretty good for a scrimmage, if GCM wants to succeed they have to stop shooting themselves in the foot. I noticed one their receivers almost every time trying to one hand the ball when it was thrown to him, he caught one like that. If I were their coach I would be all over his rear Monday making sure he used two hands. Lumberton's secondary was all over their receivers which looked great, first few plays they laid back but after that they were in GCM's faces, good job boys. Our D should be one of the top in the district this year and O should be able to hold it's own although we have to watch the penalties.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="panamamyers" post="828487" timestamp="1282399993"]
From what I have been told, GCM has big receivers but they do not have speed.  This would go along with the Lumberton db's being able to come up on them and play close.
[/quote]

I would agree with that to a point. The one with the best hands is not the fastest. The fastest (4.3) does not have the best hands. They are all Jr's. They will get better every week.

From what I heard about last night, GCM got caught up in things not related to what was going on between the whistles. These young guys will have to grow up real quick.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats