PN-G/Memorial Scrimmage

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ShlyKBMT" post="828172" timestamp="1282352443"]
One day I'll understand why people care about scrimmages maybe. It's like preseason football, worthless.
[/quote]Because it's football it always matters who wins and who loses. It also shows were your program is.

[quote name="The GOAT" post="828231" timestamp="1282354997"]
[quote author=scooter! link=topic=71874.msg828214#msg828214 date=1282354548]
it'll be more than 14 pts next week
[/quote]Without a doubt, and we kept it real basic tonight, and moved the ball really well. No score on the #1 D. Well defeat the jags by 21pts.
[/quote] 8)

Actually GOAT, the #1's were put back in on that 4th down play.....

But overall, I was impressed with PAM's performance.  Sloan needs to be coached up some.  Plays too high but overall, I was impressed.  The secondary hit really hard and the skill people on offense ran with authority.  100% improvement from last year.....

[quote name="The GOAT" post="828231" timestamp="1282354997"]
[quote author=scooter! link=topic=71874.msg828214#msg828214 date=1282354548]
it'll be more than 14 pts next week
[/quote]Without a doubt, and we kept it real basic tonight, and moved the ball really well. No score on the #1 D. Well defeat the jags by 21pts.
[/quote]

Memorial's #1 defense was in the game when PNG scored.

[quote name="SFA85" post="828257" timestamp="1282356033"]

But overall, I was impressed with PAM's performance.  Sloan needs to be coached up some.  Plays too high but overall, I was impressed.  The secondary hit really hard and the skill people on offense ran with authority.  100% improvement from last year.....
[/quote]

I was very impressed with PA's defense. #74 is a beast!!!

[quote name="PNGFan" post="828264" timestamp="1282356275"]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=71874.msg828257#msg828257 date=1282356033]

[/quote]

I was very impressed with PA's defense. #74 is a beast!!!
[/quote]Ok,my bad with the scoring on the #1 D
The new defensive coordinator Barnes has brought a calm to the defense, the dude teaches and is very technical. I expect more from Sloan I think he's soft and plays too high aswell, his size is his help 275-280 that's a plugin the middle. I heard the ndn coaches telling their kids he's soft, I need him to get more penetration up the middle.

I made it to this scrimmage with like 5 minutes left in the second quarter...  Memorial's defense did set the tone.  What I saw, Memorial moved the ball at will.  Long plays and everything.  PN-G's run game didn't look that impressive, but when they threw long, there was success.  BTW, Memorials field turf looked clean!  PN-G better find a way to move the ball on the ground before district starts.  And Memorial's secondary may be a little suspect.  I have no complaints about their hard hitting run D.  

Yes, PN-G's secondary was playing off of the Memorial recievers, may have been worried about being beat deep. 

[quote name="prepballfan" post="828274" timestamp="1282356933"]
Can anyone explain why PNG's db's played 10 yards of the line of scrimmage the entire game. Just curious?
[/quote]
3-4 Shell.  OLB's playing @ ILB depth and the secondary play cover 4.  Keeping everything in front....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4