Dayton at Fort Bend Elkins/Elkins wins 8-3

One of the most physical hard hitting games I've seen in a long time.Not to take away from anybody but Elkins is 1 of the biggest teams I've seen Dayton play.Broncos had their chances to win it but couldn't.Defense played better than expected this early.The Knights lost the bi-dist gm.last yr.28-26 to a very good Clear Springs team that went 4 rounds deep so to hang w/them is a + and will help Dayton later.We're ok,no injuries but kudos to the Broncos you made me proud.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bandgeekforlife" post="832658" timestamp="1282965957"]
Two thing's for sure!   1.  Nobody POOPED on ANYBODY!   2.  No 50 point score on that Dayton D like somebody predicted!  Way to go Broncos!  You gave them way more than they were expecting!
[/quote]

Wrong...I pooped in the parking lot.  Liltex did you shake hands around the 45 at halftime?  Here's my take, the only take that matters.....

1. DAMMIT
2. Hold on to the ball.
3. If u have trouble hitting the 8 yard route, it makes it tougher to hit the 3o yarder.
4. O-line needs to get tough, (Elkins D-Line was HUGE).
5. Impressed by the D...way to go guys.

[quote name="rjn75" post="833005" timestamp="1282976646"]
DAYTON FAN EXPECTATIONS WERE WAY TOO HIGH GOING INTO THIS.  ELKINS IS A GOOD 5A PROGRAM AND WOULD BE PUT AS THE FAVORTES BY MOST OUTSIDE OF THE DAYTON AREA.   SOME NEED TO GET MORE FAMILIAR WITH THEIR OPPONENT.  DAYTON DID WELL TO HANG IN THEIR.  DIFFICULT ROAD AHEAD.
[/quote]  DAyton expectations are never to high we never pick our team to loose ! No one predicted a blow out either way.  This game could of easily went Dayton's way minus 3 fumbles( Dayton was even ahead at half ) - Elkins was a very good 5a team and Dayton went toe to toe with them and I'm very proud of the Bronco's effort in this game especially  our secondary who nabed a couple of interception. GOOD  JOB BRONCO'S ~~~ THE FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT ! #54  A. Ripkoski had a monster of a game - this guy is the real deal !

also, if i may....

1a.  the dayton D is the best I've seen in the past decade at this point in the season...I'm gonna love watching 54 this season.

2b.   I will hold my tongue, but the o-line needs to unleash it's inner bad ace if this team wants to go deep.
3. If ur lady friend is lonely, have her call the spin n payphone at winfree and the tracks, I'll make it worth her while. Believe dat.

The Elkins O line was rather LARGE!!! I haven't seen that much beef on the line of scrimmage since the Lake Travis game. They were good too! They handled our front three pretty well, but they had no answer for our linebackers. Dayton still got a lot of penetration throughout the entire game. Problem was, the Ft. Bend passing game was short and quick. Their QB did an excellant job of getting rid of the ball just in the nick of time.

I think the Bronco defense is gonna be fantastic this year. The offense however, still needs some fine tuning. I think a little more north/south passing, instead of side to side, might be in order. I realize the Dayton offense is a high percentage play type offense, but when your playing these quick defenses go at them instead of around them. Just my opinion.

All in all there were a lot more positives than negatives. The Broncos will do well this year.

Don't change nothin,1 minor mistake it's 6 and we've been doing it pretty good for awhile.If I did anything I'd throw more screen passes to XB.At the end when FB came w/the hard rush we had em set up for it.I'd like to see AH get rid of the ball when in trouble,something he has to learn to do.I have been most impressed by our soph.center.1st game I've never seen a program being sold or much of anything else.Gotta check the sch.and see who I want to go see next week.

[quote name="liltex" post="833067" timestamp="1283003694"]
Don't change nothin,1 minor mistake it's 6 and we've been doing it pretty good for awhile.If I did anything I'd throw more screen passes to XB.At the end when FB came w/the hard rush we had em set up for it.I'd like to see AH get rid of the ball when in trouble,something he has to learn to do.I have been most impressed by our soph.center.1st game I've never seen a program being sold or much of anything else.[b]Gotta check the sch.and see who I want to go see next week.[/b]
[/quote]

Crosby PNG sounds like it might be a good one.

[quote name="rjn75" post="833005" timestamp="1282976646"]
DAYTON FAN EXPECTATIONS WERE WAY TOO HIGH GOING INTO THIS.  ELKINS IS A GOOD 5A PROGRAM AND WOULD BE PUT AS THE FAVORTES BY MOST OUTSIDE OF THE DAYTON AREA.   SOME NEED TO GET MORE FAMILIAR WITH THEIR OPPONENT.  DAYTON DID WELL TO HANG IN THEIR.  DIFFICULT ROAD AHEAD.
[/quote]

I find it cute how you guys are saying how well we "hung tough" with Elkins...WE BEAT OURSELVES...3 lost fumbles, two of which were on sure TD drives...this was a 17-8 game that we lost...

Our D put us in a position to deliver the win, had a few offensive opportunities gone the other way...

Dayton lost, I accept that and know we'll emerge stronger, as we always do...but saying we "hung tough" or "need to know our competition better" or "it's a 5a team and they're always better than 4a" blah, blah  BS...

that includes you panama jack...

by listening to the game and reading the box score, there was no "hanging tough"...Dayton had the best possible game plan, but you can't account for 3 lost fumbles...you guys are just looking for a reason to criticize dayton, as you know we will be hammering your team later this season...

[quote name="mikehoncho" post="833152" timestamp="1283009822"]
[quote author=rjn75 link=topic=71986.msg833005#msg833005 date=1282976646]
[/quote]

I find it cute how you guys are saying how well we "hung tough" with Elkins...WE BEAT OURSELVES...3 lost fumbles, two of which were on sure TD drives...this was a 17-8 game that we lost...

Our D put us in a position to deliver the win, had a few offensive opportunities gone the other way...

Dayton lost, I accept that and know we'll emerge stronger, as we always do...but saying we "hung tough" or "need to know our competition better" or "it's a 5a team and they're always better than 4a" blah, blah  BS...

by listening to the game and reading the box score, there was no "hanging tough"...Dayton had the best possible game plan, but you can't account for 3 lost fumbles...you guys are just looking for a reason to criticize dayton, as you know we will be hammering your team later this season...

[/quote]Well said. I have to say Darian Wright and Aron Ripkowski are beasts as opposing QBs and RBS will soon find out.

[/quote]

[/quote]
Mike, shhhh, [size=6pt]don't say that too loud are you'll give your team the fumble bug[/size], just look at Lumbertons' season last year, all butter fingers all the time. Daytons' game sounds to me like it was a real down in the trenches battle and to whoever asked in earlier post if the game was winnable, an 8 - 3 game is definitely winnable. Sounds like the Dayton defense is something for other teams to be worried about, we'll have to wait and see if the offense wakes up soon. Until then, all other area teams.......shhhhhh, let that dog, er I mean horse, sleep.  ;D

It was very winnable!
1 fumble cost us 6, 1 roughing the passer gave them a new set of downs and eventually 6 points, and it was 3rd and forever.
#5 for elkins was very fast, he closed on delasbour in a second and punched the ball out of his hands from behind. Take away these two plays, Dayton wins 10-2

The first fumble was preventable, but the second was the result of excellent defense!

#54 for dayton is good, and #34 is just as good, Darrian Wright has to be tired this morning, the center and guard double teamed him all night long, and they were both HUGE

[/quote]

[/quote]you got thatright mikehoncho. got to hold on to the ball

Video highlights (not many of them) are at....
http://www.youtube.com/user/toupsgraphics?feature=mhum

We are working on a solution on how to get me some pressbox level video so I can produce a really good game video for the kids and the parents.  Will keep you updated.

After going through my ground level video, Dayton played an AWEsome game.
We had three maybe four plays where we were just one step from making a TD.
I think both offenses were lagging because they haven't practiced against speed like there was on Friday.
You can't replicate that kind of speed in practice and it showed on both sides.
Andreas never got into a rythm just due to the speed of the game.  The more he plays against teams like this the better.
Carranco is just down right a lethal weapon.  Automatic field goal if you get inside the 25 and he had three punts that pinned Elkins inside the 10.  An amazing game by Juan.  With two weeks to prepare for Angleton I predict Diggs will be having to improvise his offense.  No way is Angleton's offensive line better than Elkins.  Ripkowski and Wright will be breathing down Digg's throat all night keeping him on the run.  Toups Graphics predicts that Diggs runs out of gas in the second half, especially if he is chasing down Delasbour while playing defense.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="834604" timestamp="1283130902"]
Video highlights (not many of them) are at....
http://www.youtube.com/user/toupsgraphics?feature=mhum

We are working on a solution on how to get me some pressbox level video so I can produce a really good game video for the kids and the parents.  Will keep you updated.

After going through my ground level video, Dayton played an AWEsome game.
We had three maybe four plays where we were just one step from making a TD.
I think both offenses were lagging because they haven't practiced against speed like there was on Friday.
You can't replicate that kind of speed in practice and it showed on both sides.
Andreas never got into a rythm just due to the speed of the game.  The more he plays against teams like this the better.
Carranco is just down right a lethal weapon.  Automatic field goal if you get inside the 25 and he had three punts that pinned Elkins inside the 10.  An amazing game by Juan.  With two weeks to prepare for Angleton I predict Diggs will be having to improvise his offense.  No way is Angleton's offensive line better than Elkins.  Ripkowski and Wright will be breathing down Digg's throat all night keeping him on the run.  Toups Graphics predicts that Diggs runs out of gas in the second half, especially if he is chasing down Delasbour while playing defense.
[/quote] good post !

[quote name="BHFAN" post="832585" timestamp="1282964824"]
Bronco's will still be a good team, but there fans just think way to highly of them IMO. Elkins is a predicted 3rd place finisher in their 5A district! Not a bad showing for the Bronco's I picked Elkins by 14 and yall held them to 8! If they can hold IKE that will be impressive
[/quote]

Dayton should be able to beat Ike.  They have earned my respect by hanging in with a very large very fast Elkins team. 

at this point im looking at Ike as a step down from Elkins, but it is possible that Ike is a lot better then what they showed during Hightower (doubt it).   

[quote name="HUM398" post="834870" timestamp="1283175316"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=71986.msg832585#msg832585 date=1282964824]
Bronco's will still be a good team, but there fans just think way to highly of them IMO. Elkins is a predicted 3rd place finisher in their 5A district! Not a bad showing for the Bronco's I picked Elkins by 14 and yall held them to 8! If they can hold IKE that will be impressive
[/quote]

Dayton should be able to beat Ike.   [b]They have earned my respect by hanging in with a very large very fast Elkins team.  [/b] at this point im looking at Ike as a step down from Elkins, but it is possible that Ike is a lot better then what they showed during Hightower (doubt it).   

[/quote]

big of you to say that.

Debating on what game to go see this friday and decided to head to Delmar stadium @7:00 to see Elkins vs.Hstn.Lamar a team w/some D1 talent that beat Brenham last year,then the following week Lamar travels to Brenham to play the Cubs.Any Bronco faithful wanna go send me a PM.

Sports 

Print | E-mail |  | Comment (No comments posted.) |  Text Size

Dayton loses defensive battle against Elkins

The Dayton Broncos take the field in their season-opener against Elkins on August 27.

Dayton’s next game

WHO: Angleton

WHERE: Home

WHEN: September 10, 7 p.m.
By JASON FOCHTMAN
Updated: 08.30.10
In what Dayton offensive coordinator Jeff Nations called the “most physical battle we’ve has faced in some time,” the Broncos came out on the losing end of a hard-fought 8-3 season-opening game.

“It was one heck of a game,” Nations said. “If we hadn’t had those costly turnovers, we could have won the ball game very easily.”

The Broncos had three turnovers in the game and couldn’t get a break on the other end.

During one defensive play for the Broncos, safety Xavier Baldwin knocked the ball out of the hands of one of Elkins’ running backs. As the ball flew straight up into the air, it appeared Dayton would have a chance to make it a game.

As luck would have it, the ball flew directly into the hands of a 300-lb. Elkins lineman who took the ball three yards before being dragged down.

Another fumble came just as the Broncos were about to score. Running back Jakari Delasbour looked like he wouldn’t be denied as he ran to the end zone, but a defender surprised Delasbour by popping the ball lose despite his tight grip on the ball with both hands.

“Their defensive back made a great play,” Nations said. “Those things just happen in the game of football. Jakari goes in looks like he’s going to score and [the defensive back] makes a perfect punch right under his arm.”

The Broncos also had to fight against the best secondary the team has seen this season.

“We had to go up against a very experienced secondary,” Nations said. “They have six seniors in that secondary and that really challenged us.”

Other than the fumbles, the offense did have some good points including a 65 percent passing completion and Xavier Baldwin and Jamal Fowler both having a couple of good runs.

Kicker Juan Carranco hit the lone field-goal for the Broncos from about 22 yards out.

Dayton’s defense kept the team in the game and then it was up to the offense to deliver their end.

The Broncos will have a bye this week and the coaching staff will look at several different areas to get the team running at the same level.

“We’ll look at ourselves, evaluate where we are and fix some things,” Nations said. “We need to fix our problem with ball security and being a little more patient on the run game. We’ve been a pretty good running team and we’ve got to get back to that. I think our offensive line is playing very well and we’ve got to utilize those guys some more.”

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4