Beaumont Ozen vs. Beaumont West Brook/WEST BROOK WINS 28-6!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy game on the part of the Bruins. Stupid penalties, turnovers, and a lack of offensive production in the first half. The Bruins could have easily scored 42-48 points. I blame it on first game jittters in a new stadium. We must play alot better or its gonna be a long season. PAM routed Central......looks like they might be ready to play this year.....FINALLY! Anyway, its a "W" for the Bruins to start the season, but play is definitely gonna have to improve.

I agree 82.  3 of Brook's first 4 drives stalled out because of penalties.    Holding calls and personal fouls have to stop.    And I think we are going to suffer in the kicking game.  Doesn't appear that we even think about a field goal.  Up 7-0 with 4th and goal from the 7 and we go for it?    Did the same thing a little later from the 12?  What the heck?

Ozen's offense played right in to our strength.  They tried to go wide all night.  I think they had maybe 5 first downs, but they did burn us deep once.

Our pass rush also looked kind of weak.  I really expected our d ends to cause lots of trouble, but they were pretty much held up at the line of scrimmage.  Ozen played pretty well, but Brook is going to be in BIG trouble if they play like that in the coming weeks.

[quote name="scooter!" post="832733" timestamp="1282967306"]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=71989.msg832679#msg832679 date=1282966321]
Shut out.....this is me patting you on the back! LOL Congratulations....welcome to 21-5A! What took you so long to get here?
[/quote] ::)  we'll show you how to blank a team AGAIN next week
[/quote]

Talking trash, just like last year.  Some things never change.

No, WB just played very poorly. Penalties stalled 3 or 4 scoring drives. The offense sputtered at times and couldn't seem to find a rhythm. Just overall sloppy play. They're gonna have to play better. The score should have been 48-0. I think we'll play better next week. ;) I guess the biggest thing was the fact that neither team had the use of headsets and communication with the pressbox. It being a new stadium, I guess that little thing was overlooked. Its kinda hard to make adjustments when you cant communicate with your coaches in the pressbox. Next week will be better.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham