Montgomery at Crosby/Montgomery wins 56-30

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="832813" timestamp="1282969160"]
Last year we held them to 7 points.  (he still had like 235 yards) Final was 14-7.  You gonna make the trip to Brenham to watch this one?
[/quote]

nah i don't own a car so my trips normally involves riding with someone.

My angle was fine, stripes had several bad calls, the Kick Off bouncing back in bounds had to be the worst. Hey it is what it is. Dominic Merka played his guts out, TCU is getting a sure nuff stud, he took a beating and kept getting up and bringing it again. His O-Line was just getting beat off the ball, Bears stunted and shot the gaps, and Henderson lead the five in the box. Henderson was the spy on Merka, we told him in practice all we, you have one assignment and that was to contain Merka. By the 4th qtr everyone was getting up off the ground a little slower, the humidity was a drain on all the players. It was nice and cool just before the game, then the sea breeze came in after sundown and brought the humidity off the Bay, typical SETX hot Friday Night Football game.

As was state before Leroy Dobbins is a special kid, gifted with speed, quickness and vision (ala Tony Dorsett), and he is just such a humble kid off the field. I really went unrecognized last year and led all the backs in the state in yards. He is hell bent and determined to go over 3000 yds this year. Out pass game sure missed Kyle Stovall form last season, Angelo State got a goody. Gassaway is going to have to learn to come to the ball, and hit the deep post in full stride, quit being so tentative over the middle.

I feel without a doubt we will see the Cougs again in the post season, Kevin Flanigan will rally his troops, this was a non-district deal, bragging rights more than anything. After such a thriller of a game last year in the playoffs, there was some unfinished business left from that. Montgomery gets overlooked by all the writers in the voting, so they are on a mission to wake a few of them up this year. Long Road ahead and we will take them one game at a time.

Dobbins is the real deal,but i think all the RB's we play against will be the real deal against our LB's..Hard to believe he has no D1 offers??Reminds me of Sproyles that plays for the S.D. Chargers...

Everyone keeps saying our D with 7 starters back is the real deal..I have been telling everyone when you have 7 starters back that gave up an average of 300-400 a game is not all that great..Last year  was one of those years where the opponent would give you 4-5 turnovers a game and how often does that happen??????

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heatherjo
    Newest Member
    heatherjo