Thomas Educational Support Center

Guest Newbie
There goes my taxdollars paying for the slideshow of the "wonderful things" Thomas has done for our district and a fireworks show at the end.  Come on people.  Not satisfied with naming the stadium that we had to do all that too? 

[quote name="Newbie" post="831533" timestamp="1282876208"]
There goes my taxdollars paying for the slideshow of the "wonderful things" Thomas has done for our district and a fireworks show at the end.  Come on people.  Not satisfied with naming the stadium that we had to do all that too? 
[/quote]
Get off your ass and drive up Major Drive to see the new Amelia Elementary that your and my tax dollars paid for.  CBT's name is on that too with the school board names....

I swear, you'd think with all the CBT hatred, the only thing built was the stadium/natatorium.....

[quote name="ozenpanther2010" post="831606" timestamp="1282879872"]
overall what do yall thing of the facility
[/quote] I love it.  The stands are nice...  I like the concessions.  I love the scoreboard.  I loved the fieldhouse.  I wish they would have let us go in there...  The only thing I didn't really care about (and I know it's minor) is those dang soccer lines.  and I wish there was a way to change the middle of the field and put  the home logo depending on the home game.  Maybe I'm asking for too much.  I love that road that runs from Fannett to I-10.  I won't have a problem comming to and from the stadium, as I will always come from the Fannett way (I think I'll avoid traffic).  I can't wait untill they finish with that drainage pond.That's going to be sweet. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="831615" timestamp="1282880628"]
[quote author=ozenpanther2010 link=topic=72043.msg831606#msg831606 date=1282879872]
[/quote] I love it.  The stands are nice...  I like the concessions.  I love the scoreboard.  I loved the fieldhouse.  I wish they would have let us go in there...  The only thing I didn't really care about (and I know it's minor) is those dang soccer lines.  and I wish there was a way to change the middle of the field and put  the home logo depending on the home game.  Maybe I'm asking for too much.  I love that road that runs from Fannett to I-10.  I won't have a problem comming to and from the stadium, as I will always come from the Fannett way (I think I'll avoid traffic).  I can't wait untill they finish with that drainage pond.That's going to be sweet. 
[/quote]
There should be a way to put the logo. Did you go into the press box that is something really awesome. The scoreboard had a little volume issue. I also don't understand why they put the game clock at the bottom of the scoreboard. I wonder how the bands will set up in the stand because the set ups from today won't work with drill team and band taking two sections side by side.Overall this is something from Beaumont to be proud of

[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="831658" timestamp="1282885040"]
[font=Courier]the jewel of southeast texas. Love it or hate it, it's a beauty.[/font]
[/quote]
I haven't seen it in person, but was much impressed after seeing it on the news last night. Beautiful facility! I am proud for the Beaumont schools and kids. They deserve it!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="831615" timestamp="1282880628"]
[quote author=ozenpanther2010 link=topic=72043.msg831606#msg831606 date=1282879872]
[/quote]
LOL you and 8000 other people will be thinking the same way on the entrance.

[quote name="ozenpanther2010" post="831640" timestamp="1282882238"]
[IMG]http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/kingterry2010/STADIUM082610_8.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
OP if this picture is looking from the field then the game clock is in the worst place possible. What happens when the time is ticking down and the QB is trying to get the play off, he may not even realize he only has a few seconds left. I'd say that placement was a huge blunder. Looking at it, the clock should be where it says BISD and the logo where the clock is.

Guest Newbie
[quote name="SFA85" post="831538" timestamp="1282876468"]
[quote author=Newbie link=topic=72043.msg831533#msg831533 date=1282876208]
[/quote]
Get off your butt and drive up Major Drive to see the new Amelia Elementary that your and my tax dollars paid for.  CBT's name is on that too with the school board names....

I swear, you'd think with all the CBT hatred, the only thing built was the stadium/natatorium.....
[/quote]
Having his name on a wall at Amelia, I can live with.  He deserves that much.  That's not any different than all the other names on the wall at Odom Academy.  Naming the sports complex after him is way over the top.  And for the record, I don't hate him.  I don't know the man personally but I question his integrity.  Whether he likes it or not, he is a public figure and people will have opinions about him or not. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ashworth32
    Newest Member
    ashworth32