Texas State

[quote name="UNLV" post="850450" timestamp="1284848446"]
[quote author=SabineRavine link=topic=72367.msg850415#msg850415 date=1284845257]
What exactly makes his opinion delusional?
[/quote] "Personally, I expected us to lose to McNEese 56-0.  Anyway I fully expect yall to beat the crap out of us. "

[/quote]

Leave me alone.  I'm feeling ill....I ate too much crow.

On another note?  Why is your board name UNLV?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="pwdonaldson" post="848308" timestamp="1284601609"]
bigred360, you're right, it really isn't any of my business.  Sorry I hijacked your board.  

I just get sick of seeing schools like Texas State, UTSA, Lamar, and etc try to make a move they aren't ready for.  I wish the NCAA would step in and review the criteria for making the move from FCS to FBS.  It seems as though everyone who enjoys some type of success in FCS (and even many who don't like Texas State) begin talking about the next level and you see regional rivalries destroyed, travel/expense budgets go out of control, and regional conferences fall apart.

It's a complete waste of money to expand a stadium to 28-30k when you can't even sell out the 16k stadium you have.  That money could be going somewhere else in the university.

Nevermind all of that, I just can't wait for this weekend.  I'll gladly come back on this board and eat crow if I'm wrong, but I can't wait until we deliver you guys a much needed reality check, even with our backup QB who's only played in one collegiate game.

[/quote]

Where are you pwdonaldson?  Come eat that crow with me!  It doesn't taste too bad!

[quote name="UNLV" post="850450" timestamp="1284848446"]
[quote author=SabineRavine link=topic=72367.msg850415#msg850415 date=1284845257]
[/quote] "Personally, I expected us to lose to McNEese 56-0.  Anyway I fully expect yall to beat the crap out of us. "

[/quote]

McNeese was ranked 12th.  Se La is picked somewhere in the top 3 of the SLC.  We are a start up program.  I think more people would agree with me than you.  I think most people would have thought that we stood no chance of winning at McNeese nor at SE La.  Don't get me wrong, i am thrilled.  I hope we run the table but I'd still be shocked if we finish above .500.  I hope I'm wrong.  I hope we run the table.  I hope President Obama invites us to the White House after the season (and we turn him down).  I hope we well out every home game for the next 20 years.

[quote name="westendfirst" post="851822" timestamp="1284953363"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=72367.msg850450#msg850450 date=1284848446]

[/quote]

Leave me alone.  I'm feeling ill....I ate too much crow.

On another note?  Why is your board name UNLV?
[/quote]I went to UNLV in the mid 90's.

[quote name="westendfirst" post="851834" timestamp="1284954098"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=72367.msg850450#msg850450 date=1284848446]

[/quote]

McNeese was ranked 12th.  Se La is picked somewhere in the top 3 of the SLC.  We are a start up program.  I think more people would agree with me than you.  I think most people would have thought that we stood no chance of winning at McNeese nor at SE La.  Don't get me wrong, i am thrilled.  I hope we run the table but I'd still be shocked if we finish above .500.  I hope I'm wrong.  I hope we run the table.  I hope President Obama invites us to the White House after the season (and we turn him down).  I hope we well out every home game for the next 20 years.
[/quote]

To the people who thought Lamar would be blown out every SLC game this year. Many cardinal fans that have been following the program since it started up were predicting losses to McNeese by only two or three TDs. Almost every Cardinal fan I know that was following the team since before the season started has predicted around 5 to 6 wins on the season.

All I'm saying is the thoughts like LU being blown out 56-0 by McNeese or the thought that Lamar finishing above .500 is shocking obviously haven't been following the team too closely.

I predicted a 6-5 season for the Cards. I think we may be able to pull off as high as 8-3 if everything went well for us.
I think we could potentially only lose to McNeese, SFA and NDSU

I predicted  LU would keep McNeese under 30 and that we would lose by less than two TDs.
I predicted a very tight game with SELU 27-24

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham