Texas Terror

Guest mffl

From TexasTerror on another forum:

[quote]SHSU and SLU seem very susceptible to losses to Lamar... especially if Beatty is out for SLU and SHSU is unable to get an offensive attack going on. Defensively, both are very strong - but you are going to have to put some points on the board...[/quote]

[url=http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?73208-McNeese-v-Lamar-Post-Game-Reaction]McNeese v Lamar - Post Game Reaction[/url]

Did not attend...

I was asking around for opinion from both sides of the stands. I've read comments such as...

"This was Lamar's Super Bowl"
"Lamar had two years to prepare while McNeese had nothing on the Cards and was unable to adjust"
"Andre Bevil is the real deal and would be one of the top quarterbacks in the league this year."
"McNeese blew several early opportunities that would have put the game out of question in the first half."
"McNeese ran a 'vanilla' offense with only about five plays, not wanting to show anything"

FYI, coachacola - SLU's Beatty is out 1-3 weeks due to an MCL injury. That's going to be trouble for them. Beatty will probably not be available for the LU game...

It is just one game, but I am more optimistic about Lamar's results against Div I competition. Could be 2-2 or 3-1 heading into the SHSU game. The most intriguing game may be that South Alabama game at home on Oct. 16. The Jaguars are a very good team.

TT, I was at the game and McNeese ran quite a bit more than 5 plays from their playbook.  They didn't try any trick plays, but they were by no means just going through the motions as if this was an intrasquad scrimmage.  This may have been a bigger game for LU because it was the first one but I think it was pretty big for the cowboys as well being it was a a big rival in Lamar.  I think you may be getting some excuse making for the game being closer than some would have liked.

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="840286" timestamp="1283777312"]
Did not attend...

I was asking around for opinion from both sides of the stands. I've read comments such as...

"This was Lamar's Super Bowl"
"Lamar had two years to prepare while McNeese had nothing on the Cards and was unable to adjust"
"Andre Bevil is the real deal and would be one of the top quarterbacks in the league this year."
"McNeese blew several early opportunities that would have put the game out of question in the first half."
"McNeese ran a 'vanilla' offense with only about five plays, not wanting to show anything"

FYI, coachacola - SLU's Beatty is out 1-3 weeks due to an MCL injury. That's going to be trouble for them. Beatty will probably not be available for the LU game...

It is just one game, but I am more optimistic about Lamar's results against Div I competition. Could be 2-2 or 3-1 heading into the SHSU game. The most intriguing game may be that South Alabama game at home on Oct. 16. The Jaguars are a very good team.
[/quote]

Lamar made big-time hits to cause those fumbles. They didn't just drop the football.  ::) They didn't run a "vanilla" offense of five plays. They also ran a fake punt and scored on the next play; a 48 yard pass. Sorry, wrong again!

BTW, Lamar had two TO's in the first half with Malcolm Bronson interception setting up a 37-yard FG for McNeese and both ended drives for the Cardinals.

Lamar didn't prepare for McNeese for two years. Last year only half the team was on campus and they did mostly conditioning drills and such since there was no equipment for the players. Plus, they only practices three times a week last year.

There is video on the net of Lamar and since Coach Whitten was at SHSU they had that film to prepare defensively. On offense they could prepare because they run the same 4-2-5 defense.

It is a long season and this wasn't the "Super Bowl" for Lamar. Yes, we wanted to win but it was just one game on the schedule. I for one am glad to hear this talk from the coaches and players.  8)

Maybe some of the alumni/students/family/friends of the football team treated it like the "Super Bowl" but the coaches and players didn't.  

Here is a post on anygivensaturday by a former McNeese player. Classy post IMO.

FormerPokeCenter

Again, congrats on an excellent performance by the Cards. Great fans, too...I spoke with a few of them after the game and I was impressed. It was very cordial, even though you could tell they were very spirited...

I think when you see McFans say that we were vanilla, you have to understand that we lost the Conference player of the year at QB and an All American tailback, so we're used to seeing some fireworks, offensively. We may not have the personnel to play like that this year...

You guys took us to the wire. We have Missouri this week, so that could get u-g-l-y pretty quickly. Us Cowboy fans are hoping against hope that our coach was holding back against you guys, [b]but based on myu conversation with him after the game, I don't think that's the case[/b]. He said he was scared to death in the second half. We prepared all week for your athletic transfer at TE, but you guys didn't use him...we didn't work on QB containment and Bevil has some definite wheels....

The "vanilla offense" was posted with no disrespect intended. Most of our fans have been spoiled by what we used to be able to do on offense...

Not sure those are realistic expectations this year....

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?73208-McNeese-v-Lamar-Post-Game-Reaction/page2

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="840497" timestamp="1283802663"]
TT, I was at the game and McNeese ran quite a bit more than 5 plays from their playbook.  They didn't try any trick plays, but they were by no means just going through the motions as if this was an intrasquad scrimmage.  This may have been a bigger game for LU because it was the first one but I think it was pretty big for the cowboys as well being it was a a big rival in Lamar.  I think you may be getting some excuse making for the game being closer than some would have liked.
[/quote]Mcneese did a desperate fake punt in a drive. Mcneese won but they were clearly shaken...

[quote name="bigredfan2" post="840786" timestamp="1283822176"]I was at the game and TT's comments are laughable.[/quote]

If you read, those were not my comments...

I stated, "I was asking around for opinion from both sides of the stands. I've read comments such as..."

Those were posts on different boards pertaining to the Lamar-McNeese score. None of the remarks were my own. And bigred360 - as much as you'd like to say film was available, it really was not. McNeese could prep off what they know of Todd Whitten's offense and not much else.

Everything else is fair game, but again - these were [b]NOT my comments[/b]

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="840805" timestamp="1283823258"]
[quote author=bigredfan2 link=topic=72573.msg840786#msg840786 date=1283822176]I was at the game and TT's comments are laughable.[/quote]

I stated, "I was asking around for opinion from both sides of the stands. I've read comments such as..."

Those were posts on different boards pertaining to the Lamar-McNeese score. None of the remarks were my own. And bigred360 - as much as you'd like to say film was available, it really was not. McNeese could prep off what they know of Todd Whitten's offense and not much else.

[/quote]

I think I read somewhere that McNeese runs the same defensive scheme, the 4-2-5 as Lamar.  Am I right on that?  If so, then they also had an idea about the LU defense.  What they didn't know was the caliber of the players Lamar has.

Don't forget, the Cowboys have spent a lot of time and energy in SETX over the last 20 years recruiting and have gotten some of their top talent. So to think that McNeese would play a "Vanilla Offense" against Lamar and not try to beat the tar outta the Cards is ludacris. ::)

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="840805" timestamp="1283823258"]
[quote author=bigredfan2 link=topic=72573.msg840786#msg840786 date=1283822176]I was at the game and TT's comments are laughable.[/quote]

[/quote]

I know this much.  The McNeese coaching staff has lost sleep since finding out Lamar football was coming back because many of their players come from right here in the golden triangle.  McNeese wanted to do everything they could to not just beat Lamar but embarrass them because of this recruiting war that Lamar took a HUGE step in winning Saturday night.  My point is whoever said McNeese ran 5 plays and did not want to show anything is a COMPLETE BUFFOON!!!! So terror from today forward don't post his/her comments.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43