Votes in National Poll

I know how much you guys love Terror but he would be the one to ask in this situation...on another note I will say that as a Bearkat I am very concerned about playing Lamar at this point.  If they continue to play tough and be that competitive I think you have a very good chance finishing the 4 SLC games 2-2....Congrats on a good showing against a traditional powerhouse this weekend...

Wow kingkat! Thanks! Usually we get you going the other way lol
AAW, tell me if I'm right but shouldn't we not be eligible next year? I think its some sort of two year beginning probation (Not sure the actual name for it) I think UCA had that issue a couple years ago when they came up to the SLC. They won conference but didn't earn the automatic bid and it went to Texas State.

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="840573" timestamp="1283809563"]
Wow kingkat! Thanks! Usually we get you going the other way lol
AAW, tell me if I'm right but shouldn't we not be eligible next year? I think its some sort of two year beginning probation (Not sure the actual name for it) I think UCA had that issue a couple years ago when they came up to the SLC. They won conference but didn't earn the automatic bid and it went to Texas State.
[/quote]

I want to say that Central Arkansas ended up waiting like 4 years all together before being eligible for the playoffs but their situation was a little different than Lamars...and you're right I don't know what has gotten into me lately, I told my Mom my oldest could go to a Lamar game where my grandpa is being recognized with a bunch of past players and could where a Lamar shirt while she is there(as long as I didn't pay for it)[img][/img] and I can use it to wash my truck when she's done with it...

UCA was coming into the SLC from after being a DII school. That is why they had to wait 4 yrs. Lamar is already DI in athletics so it is a different situation.

Kingkat99, that is pretty funny about your daughter and reminds me when I wouldn't allow family members to wear TCU gear to the house when I lived in Fort Worth.

Of course my spouse let them in anyway.  ;D

Lamar is not eligible for the postseason this year. Correct.

Your schedule wouldn't lend to it anyway. You need to win seven Div I games (typically) to get consideration as an at-large. You've already missed out...

As UNLV stated above, Lamar could make the playoffs next year. Being in the Southland will help since we have the automatic qualifier - one of 10 - that grant automatic entrance into the playoffs. There are also 10 at-large spots.

The question for Lamar is what is your schedule in '11? I know you got the FBS game, but you probably want to stray away from sub-Div I or more than one FBS games. The more chances you have at getting 8 or 9 Div I wins, the better. Do that, your "dancing"...

As far as this particular national ranking, I voted in the Sports Network (media) poll for two years. This is no slam on Lamar, since I did this when their preseason poll came out - but the quality of voter must have dropped tremendously. I think 80+ of the 115 or so FCS teams got preseason votes in the preseason poll. Several teams that did not win a game against a Division I opponent (including Northwestern State) received votes.

Was Lamar deserving of a vote? Tough to say. You were not in my top 25 ballot for another poll, but looking at the national polls, the voters were confused who to back!

But, I am not impressed with the Sports Network poll's voters. I just think there's too much bias involved, because how else would all these 0 and 1 loss teams get votes. Heck, I think the whole SLC got votes except Sam Houston State in the preseason (not sure how Nicholls or NWST did - that's for sure) and even most, if not ALL of the SWAC did! That's a crime! Those who have seen SWAC football can testify...

[quote]The question for Lamar is what is your schedule in '11? I know you got the FBS game, but you probably want to stray away from sub-Div I or more than one FBS games. The more chances you have at getting 8 or 9 Div I wins, the better. Do that, your "dancing"...[/quote]

So far no FBS games are scheduled until 2012.  Lamar will be going to South Alabama next year and I think they'll be a classified as FCS school.  I'm guessing Georgia State will come to Beaumont next but not sure on that.  If Lamar wins 5 or 6 games this year then I think winning 7 or 8 games is possible next year. 

But let's not get carried away yet, Lamar has yet to win a game.  Let's just enjoy this season and worry about playoffs and all that next year.

[quote name="coachacola" post="840831" timestamp="1283824494"]
[quote]The question for Lamar is what is your schedule in '11? I know you got the FBS game, but you probably want to stray away from sub-Div I or more than one FBS games. The more chances you have at getting 8 or 9 Div I wins, the better. Do that, your "dancing"...[/quote]

So far no FBS games are scheduled until 2012.  Lamar will be going to South Alabama next year and I think they'll be a classified as FCS school.  I'm guessing Georgia State will come to Beaumont next but not sure on that.  If Lamar wins 5 or 6 games this year then I think winning 7 or 8 games is possible next year. 

But let's not get carried away yet, Lamar has yet to win a game.  Let's just enjoy this season and worry about playoffs and all that next year.
[/quote]

I concur.  Was just curious.  I am all about 1 game at a time.

[quote name="kingkat99" post="840553" timestamp="1283806817"]
I know how much you guys love Terror but he would be the one to ask in this situation...on another note I will say that as a Bearkat I am very concerned about playing Lamar at this point.  If they continue to play tough and be that competitive I think you have a very good chance finishing the 4 SLC games 2-2....Congrats on a good showing against a traditional powerhouse this weekend...
[/quote]

Much better post than your "Lamar is a bad school in a dirty town" (my paraphrase) comment of past.  Maybe your relative here took you to the woodshed.

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="840860" timestamp="1283826050"]
[quote author=kingkat99 link=topic=72588.msg840553#msg840553 date=1283806817]
[/quote]

Much better post than your "Lamar is a bad school in a dirty town" (my paraphrase) comment of past.  Maybe your relative here took you to the woodshed.
[/quote]

Just giving credit where its due....you still couldn't pay me to live in the Dirty B though... ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43