Time to move on and think about Webber International

bigred360

We've all been talking about the McNeese game and it was an exciting game but it's Tuesday now and it's time to start talking about Webber.

I've heard they run a spread offense and a 3-3-5 defense. Not sure I have ever seen a 3-3-5 defense but maybe someone can fill me in.

Is it a better defense versus the pass or the run?

Man I was about to create this same post! But we can't have a letdown after last week! We must get win. This is the new biggest game in Lamar history. As far as a 3 3 5 goes it is similar to Lamars 4 2 5 but you can cause a lot of confusion by disguising which linebackers are blitzing and which aren't. Almost always at least one usually two will be coming.

Went to Webber International's football website.  They have only been playing football since 2002.  Hard to tell what kind of team they have.  LOt of kids on the roster and some are fairly big.  But being NAIA unless these kids have really developed in their time there you have to wonder about the talent level.  They are 2-0 so far.  LU must prepare for it like the McNeese game.  You always have to be focused and ready.  These guys know this is a start up program so they will feel like they have a chance.  Need to take it to them so that a good number of the players on the roster gets some PT.

Some more info on Webber. Their enrollment is 700. Aka 20 times less than Lamar. We should win easily.
They run a Rich Rodriguez style offense. Their quarterback, Torrance Moise, has averaged thrown for 180 yards and rushed for about 100 yards in their 2 wins against other small NAIA schools. So a duel threat qb will give us a different look than McNeese showed.

[quote name="kingkat99" post="842322" timestamp="1284037741"]
SFA beat another NAIA school 92-0 last year...this game should be over by the end of the 1st quarter, West Brook could proly have a better showing than Webber...this is like Kaplan College by parkdale fielding a team. 
[/quote]

I hope Coach Woodard as more class than running the score up like that. 92-0 isn't good sportsmanship IMO. LOL

[quote name="bigred360" post="842417" timestamp="1284050503"]
[quote author=kingkat99 link=topic=72611.msg842322#msg842322 date=1284037741]
SFA beat another NAIA school 92-0 last year...this game should be over by the end of the 1st quarter, West Brook could proly have a better showing than Webber...this is like Kaplan College by parkdale fielding a team. 
[/quote]

I hope Coach Woodard as more class than running the score up like that. 92-0 isn't good sportsmanship IMO. LOL
[/quote]

The way I understand it the only way they couldnt keep scoring would be to take a knee...they put in the botom of the depth chart and tried some of the coaches kids but the refs said a 12 year old could be on the field... ;D

[quote name="kingkat99" post="842496" timestamp="1284059361"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=72611.msg842417#msg842417 date=1284050503]
[quote author=kingkat99 link=topic=72611.msg842322#msg842322 date=1284037741]
[/quote]

[/quote]

The way I understand it the only way they couldnt keep scoring would be to take a knee...they put in the botom of the depth chart and tried some of the coaches kids but the refs said a 12 year old could be on the field... ;D
[/quote]

That is pretty funny and all but in HS we beat a team 77-0 for our homecoming, scoring on the last play of the game. I was happy and all with homecoming, my date (quit thinking about the game after our coach pulled the starters). But, our 2nd team QB decided to audible at the line of scrimmage and called a pass play and one of my good friends scored on the last play of the game. (He is now a PA police officer).

It felt weird shaking hands with the other teams players after the game and there were some heated words between the two coaching staffs.

At the time in wasn't a big deal but the older I get I now understand how the kids on the other team must have felt.  

We didn't have any freshman or 12 yr olds to put into the game.  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4