Daingerfield

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="842888" timestamp="1284120669"]
I've seen them the last two years and they not only have the talent they have very good coaching. They run like a well oiled machine both offensively and defensively. I don't see anyone in 2A stopping them.
[/quote]

I don't know man every year, after year...I Heard they are a charter member of FBBOA (football breeders of America)...I don't know for sure... jk  ;);D ;D

• 4 weeks later...
Getting in on this one late, but I couldn't help myself to make a comment.  I grew up there...played Junior High football there, and still have friends there I talk football with every year.  They don't recruit players, however, they do re-build from one generation to the next.  If you go back 20-30 years you will notice many of the same last names keep popping up.  Guys I played with now have sons playing, and pretty sure 15 years from now their sons will be entering high school and continuing the tradition.  They won a state championship back in the '60s in 2A (which was the old 3A class size).  I am a '83 graduate that was an 8th grader and had to scrimmage the '84 class (the "shutdown" season group).  I remember us 8th graders saying how good those 7th graders were after putting a mild spanking on them.  Sure enough we were right... nobody scored a touchdown on them their senior year.  They capped that 1983 State Championship run with 44-0 spanking of Sweeny.  I got to see a quarter final game against Post and their running back broke around the left end and it looked as if he would score...  there was a collective gasp in the stands because nobody wanted to give up a touchdown that season.  I was a Freshman at SFA that year a went to the game with some old D'field buds.  Coach Dennis Alexander started a tradition of sorts there when I lived there, and it was known as "Tiger Pride".  For me personally, it meant a lot.  I tell people all the time that I learned to be a winner there.  Unfortunately my family moved to Houston for my high school years and I became a Northshore Mustang.  I don't know if they will beat Newton, but the Newton boys ought to sleep with one eye open that week, because I know what those Tigers are thinking on that bus ride to the game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    chipslift1
    Newest Member
    chipslift1