* Lamar vs. Webber International Game Thread/LU WINS/Comments!!

KFDM COOP

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="849121" timestamp="1284734196"]
[quote author=BIG HOUSE link=topic=72828.msg848887#msg848887 date=1284689138]
We are a START-UP program this year with a very diffucult schedule.. There will be ups and downs, thats for sure. If our coaching staff is solid we will make progress and learn from each game for next season when we will be senior heavy....My advise is to come out and support these kids no matter what happens this year..
[/quote]

[b]I think we will surprise some folks on how well we do for a startup program[/b].  With everyone coming back next year, it has the potential barring any major injuries/setbacks to be a special year. 
[/quote]

I hope you suprise the heck outta people starting Oct 9th ;)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="puddin tane" post="845984" timestamp="1284346600"]
[quote author=westendfirst link=topic=72828.msg845830#msg845830 date=1284340555]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=72828.msg845485#msg845485 date=1284312207]
[quote author=PVT Ryan link=topic=72828.msg845400#msg845400 date=1284302594]
The program is legitimate, but the 6 pm start time has got to end...at least until November games arrive.  Also, relax with all the tailgating rules.  Let the ones who support the program have some fun.
[/quote] alot of colleges kick off at 6 ???  guess so you get home before midnight.  Its SE Texas...suck it up.
[/quote]

Yes, it IS southeast texas...so maybe 7 isn't late enough...8 would be better.  It is saturday night, where do you have to be? 

No matter what time it starts, I will be there.  it would just be nice if they moved it back.  don't high school games start at 7:30?
[/quote]

me? nowhere, but
lots of old folks and little kiddos dont want to be out till midite...aint 1963, teams dont grind it out with the wishbone anymore..games last longer...start em at 7:30, you'll be playing the 4th qtr with about 3,000 fans. heck, people were leaving LU in the early 4th qtr!

My kid called from college..the aggies kicked off at 6...dont hear them complaining..and thats 80,000 sweaty bodies in a stadium that smells like a urinal......(yeah, it does aggie fans)
[/quote]

You seem to be missing the point.  I don't care what the Aggies do.  I am talking about what would make the most sense.  I stayed the whole game  and I think I was home  at 9:30 or 10.

[quote name="99cards" post="846251" timestamp="1284384369"]
I am concerned about the kicking game, from what I have seen the past 2 games looks like the kid is struggling.  Kick Offs need special attention, in college you do not KICK OFF to the 30, 20, etc.   
The atmosphere Saturday was unbelievable from all the tailgating to the KICK OFF.  Everybody was so excited for LAMAR to be back,  but like Woodard has said they are a young team and there are things that need to be worked on.  It is obvious that special teams need some work. 
[/quote]

I am too.  I thought some kid from Nederland tried out and got beat out?  The kid we have seems to have a fairly weak leg.

[quote name="bigred360" post="846536" timestamp="1284405777"]
[quote author=Texantagonise link=topic=72828.msg845983#msg845983 date=1284346577]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=72828.msg845485#msg845485 date=1284312207]
[quote author=PVT Ryan link=topic=72828.msg845400#msg845400 date=1284302594]
The program is legitimate, but the 6 pm start time has got to end...at least until November games arrive.  Also, relax with all the tailgating rules.  Let the ones who support the program have some fun.
[/quote] alot of colleges kick off at 6 ???  guess so you get home before midnight.  Its SE Texas...suck it up.
[/quote]
YEAH!!  
[/quote]

At 7:30 or 8:00 on Saturday night I hate to admit this but you would be going up against ESPN and one of their top games of the weekend. It is usually hotter in College Station than Beaumont. So, I guess I agree with puddin tane's comments. 

Pre ESPN I would say yea let's move back the starting time.

Our next home game will be in Oct. so the temp will be cooler.  
[/quote]  You still miss these ESPN games it we kickoff at 6.  Maybe we should just kickoff at 1 pm.

[quote name="ozenpanther2010" post="845326" timestamp="1284267682"]
and i think us students rushing the field after the game with the big l-u chant on the 50 would be a real nice tradition to start up
[/quote]

I agree, EXCEPT let the teams shake hands first and make sure the other team is out of the way or something ugly could start.  Oh, and yall need to be on the same page as the football team.  Yall are all whooping it up in the center of the field and the football team is over in front of the band while they play the school song.  Oh well, it was the first home game in 21 years so yall can work out the kinks.

NO DOUBT THE NEDERLAND KICKER HAS A BETTER LEG THAN THE ALL STATE KICKER LAMAR HAS NOW!
I HAVE SEEN HIM AND I KNOW IN KICKOFFS HE KICKS OUT OF THE END ZONE AND THE LAMAR KICKER CANT SEEM TO BE CONSISTENT AND ONLY AVERAGES TO THE 15-20 YARD LINE.  I HOPE WOODARD HAS A BACK UP PLAN BECAUSE IT SEEMS LIKE THE CURRENT KICKER IS NOT DOING HIS JOB.  I AM NOT SURE ABOUT HIM GETTING BEAT OUT, BUT IF YOU WATCHED THE NEDERLAND KICKER LAST YEAR YOU WOULD KNOW HE CAN OUT KICK STOUT.

[quote name="99cards" post="851410" timestamp="1284928270"]
NO DOUBT THE NEDERLAND KICKER HAS A BETTER LEG THAN THE ALL STATE KICKER LAMAR HAS NOW!
I HAVE SEEN HIM AND I KNOW IN KICKOFFS HE KICKS OUT OF THE END ZONE AND THE LAMAR KICKER CANT SEEM TO BE CONSISTENT AND ONLY AVERAGES TO THE 15-20 YARD LINE.  I HOPE WOODARD HAS A BACK UP PLAN BECAUSE IT SEEMS LIKE THE CURRENT KICKER IS NOT DOING HIS JOB.  I AM NOT SURE ABOUT HIM GETTING BEAT OUT, BUT IF YOU WATCHED THE NEDERLAND KICKER LAST YEAR YOU WOULD KNOW HE CAN OUT KICK STOUT.
[/quote]

There was another thread on her somewhere about the Nederland kid...I think his name is Trahan.  Anyway, they someone was saying that Woodard asked Trahan to walk on to kick?  But the special teams coach apparently wanted this other kid.  Supposedly, Trahan tried out but the other kid outkicked him.  I think there some behind the scenes stories about it that I don't know.  I just know that I'm not overly impressed with the current kicker's leg.  Like you said, the kickoffs seemed very short.  We need somebody that can at least get it inside the 10 while kicking it fairly high.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4