Port Arthur Memorial at Alice Game Thread/Memorial Wins/Comments

WOSgrad

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the game today, my observations.

PAM impressive but not overwhelming.
Very athletic but speed differential was not as great as I thought it would be.
Offense-
Receiving corps are the studs of the team, Alice couldn't keep them covered. Some of it was blown coverages (they don't see a passing game like PAMs very often) but mostly it was beaten on the play.
Running game --- awful-- OB had a couple of good/big runs and a couple from RBs, but got stuffed A LOT
O-line-- good pass protection but run blocking suspect
Defense-
Suspect against the run--An Alice team that lost to a Laredo team (there is nothing in setx as low as losing to a Laredo team, Alice is usually an easy 60 pts better than any team from Laredo) ran for too many yards to say they've proven they can stop the run.
They got better as the game progressed, but Alice mistakes were a big help in both halves.
Lost ficus a few times and helped Alice out.

Summation-
All in all I think the Titans are a very good team with some areas that need improving (not many teams don't have a few areas that need improving).
Very athletic- all the starters and most of the team looked like they were carved from granite.
They are in shape, none of them were sucking-wind at any time during the game. I was in the shade of the press box and was sweating, no problems with cramps or anything that i saw.
The problems with the run have nothing to do with ability, just need some tweaking, it's all coachable stuff.

This is going to be a dangerous team for opponents, if they find a running game they will be VERY dangerous.

That's just my opinion---

[quote name="baddog" post="844865" timestamp="1284244663"]
Hey 85, what do you think about X-Box Kenny? Does he have to win state to get out of your doghouse or is he doing a fine job coaching those kids?
[/quote]

It is a great collective effort beginnig during the summer......
Great move putting Barnes over the defense.  The kids look like they're ready to play and they tackle well....

[quote name="The GOAT" post="845014" timestamp="1284252841"]
[quote author=Newbie link=topic=72845.msg844964#msg844964 date=1284250909]
Good job Titans!  Now it's time to beat up teams your size (5a)  ;D
[/quote]I thought football was football, anyway bring them on. 8)
[/quote]

I'm with you on that.  We beat up on a 5A team last night!  ;) :D ;D

[quote name="sfa87" post="846643" timestamp="1284413554"]
Aldines head coach was shot ova the summer i wonder if hes back
[/quote]With or without their head coach they're gonna take this whipping.
87  we're just beating the teams we're suppose to. This is a different team from last when the qb was horrible. We arequietly lurking around waiting to strike.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4