The Hill is for Real

BHEagle1

[quote name="usedtobe33" post="872388" timestamp="1286827973"]
...........Guaranty next year they will be tight lipped before the re-match.

[/quote]

LOL...who is "they"?  Not the .002% of BH fans who post on this site just to get this stuff started.  Clearly there is some serious "Hill Envy" to our north to keep this one alive.  But hey, THISFR ;)  

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bh89-2" post="872403" timestamp="1286828736"]
Well, Smokin Baby caught the heck out of fish this weekend Tyrone.  How;'s that turtle practice coming?  ;D ;D  Can't beleive Octfeb agreed to that whole cover trick.  ;D ;D

Hill is for Real.   
[/quote]

Me too!...that wasn't your boat blasting through my wade was it?  $%^@  :D
THISFR

[quote name="bh89-2" post="872403" timestamp="1286828736"]
Well, Smokin Baby caught the heck out of fish this weekend Tyrone.  How;'s that turtle practice coming?  ;D ;D  Can't beleive Octfeb agreed to that whole cover trick.  ;D ;D

Hill is for Real.   
[/quote] Umm if I recall I did not respond to the cover trick.  ::)

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="872435" timestamp="1286830754"]
I think this thread should keep going until the Eagles score 54 points in their first basketball game.
Then EVERYONE will know for sure that....
THE HILL IS FOR REAL!!!
[/quote]

How will we know that they have scored 54 points?  Nobody will be there because the sport doesn't matter...

[quote name="Buddy09" post="872365" timestamp="1286826201"]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=72920.msg872329#msg872329 date=1286823842]
[quote author=usedtobe33 link=topic=72920.msg872306#msg872306 date=1286821753]
The cowardly knight.... answer the question.
[/quote]

What the heck are you talking about?  Are you trying to question what is not for real if the hill is for real?  ummm.....okay. I'm going to read between the lines here and try to illuminate a few things for you in relation to this thread.

1.  The dayton posters have not said anything negative about BH kids while some BH posters certainly have taken some pot shots at some of the dayton kids.
2.  Before the BH/Dayton game, dayton was 0-3 and the BH fans (even your coaches) were talking trash about how Dayton would be an easy win.
3.  I fully recognize that this thread is obnoxious, but it's things like this that make a game a rivalry.  When we hit 54 pages, hopefully, we can find a moderator to lock it up and put it in the classics.

As for an answer to your question, if you will restate it with more clarity and less attitude, I will gladly dignify it.

Until then......THISFR

[/quote]  As far as statement one. This is quoted from Purple Forever.

Leave it to the Dayton Broncos to teach something that Barbers Hill needs a serious lesson in...
HUMILITY!
Humility is taught in the form of Dayton showing Barbers Hill who runs the town when it comes to the one sport that matters.  FOOTBALL.
Pride in your school is great, and the kids from Barbers Hill excel at this (which is a good thing).  But when you start thinking that the world rotates around the Hill, that is when it gets overdone.

Barbers Hill is the school not the town so this is a shot at the kids.
[/quote] ima go out here on this one.. I am pretty sure purple was not talking bout the BH kids.. for the simple fact that he is a awesome math teacher who ALWAYS encourages the kids to do their best. My son had him as a math teacher and he(Toups) encouraged him(my son) and ALWAYS told him how awesome he was. He was referring to the smack talking ADULTS on here who wanted to call Dayton people just PLAIN IGNORANT for thinking that Dayton couldn't put up 50 on BH..
[b]Pride in your school is great, and the kids from Barbers Hill excel at this (which is a good thing).  But when you start thinking that the world rotates around the Hill, that is when it gets overdone.[/b]<---and as for that statement.. that is fact. GRRRRRR >:(

[quote name="octfeb" post="872448" timestamp="1286831617"]
[quote author=Buddy09 link=topic=72920.msg872365#msg872365 date=1286826201]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=72920.msg872329#msg872329 date=1286823842]
[/quote]

What the heck are you talking about?  Are you trying to question what is not for real if the hill is for real?  ummm.....okay. I'm going to read between the lines here and try to illuminate a few things for you in relation to this thread.

1.  The dayton posters have not said anything negative about BH kids while some BH posters certainly have taken some pot shots at some of the dayton kids.
2.  Before the BH/Dayton game, dayton was 0-3 and the BH fans (even your coaches) were talking trash about how Dayton would be an easy win.
3.  I fully recognize that this thread is obnoxious, but it's things like this that make a game a rivalry.  When we hit 54 pages, hopefully, we can find a moderator to lock it up and put it in the classics.

As for an answer to your question, if you will restate it with more clarity and less attitude, I will gladly dignify it.

Until then......THISFR

[/quote]  As far as statement one. This is quoted from Purple Forever.

Leave it to the Dayton Broncos to teach something that Barbers Hill needs a serious lesson in...
HUMILITY!
Humility is taught in the form of Dayton showing Barbers Hill who runs the town when it comes to the one sport that matters.  FOOTBALL.
Pride in your school is great, and the kids from Barbers Hill excel at this (which is a good thing).  But when you start thinking that the world rotates around the Hill, that is when it gets overdone.

[/quote] ima go out here on this one.. I am pretty sure purple was not talking bout the BH kids.. for the simple fact that he is a awesome math teacher who ALWAYS encourages the kids to do their best. My son had him as a math teacher and he(Toups) encouraged him(my son) and ALWAYS told him how awesome he was. He was referring to the smack talking ADULTS on here who wanted to call Dayton people just PLAIN IGNORANT for thinking that Dayton couldn't put up 50 on BH..
[b]Pride in your school is great, and the kids from Barbers Hill excel at this (which is a good thing).  But when you start thinking that the world rotates around the Hill, that is when it gets overdone.[/b]<---and as for that statement.. that is fact. GRRRRRR >:(
[/quote]

Thanks for going out there and being pretty sure and clearing this up for someone else.

Why can't the BH kids think the world rotates around the Hill?  Is that a bad thing?

THIFR

[quote name="Buddy09" post="872468" timestamp="1286832865"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=72920.msg872448#msg872448 date=1286831617]
[quote author=Buddy09 link=topic=72920.msg872365#msg872365 date=1286826201]
[/quote]

What the heck are you talking about?  Are you trying to question what is not for real if the hill is for real?  ummm.....okay. I'm going to read between the lines here and try to illuminate a few things for you in relation to this thread.

1.  The dayton posters have not said anything negative about BH kids while some BH posters certainly have taken some pot shots at some of the dayton kids.
2.  Before the BH/Dayton game, dayton was 0-3 and the BH fans (even your coaches) were talking trash about how Dayton would be an easy win.
3.  I fully recognize that this thread is obnoxious, but it's things like this that make a game a rivalry.  When we hit 54 pages, hopefully, we can find a moderator to lock it up and put it in the classics.

Until then......THISFR

[/quote]  As far as statement one. This is quoted from Purple Forever.

HUMILITY!
Humility is taught in the form of Dayton showing Barbers Hill who runs the town when it comes to the one sport that matters.  FOOTBALL.
Pride in your school is great, and the kids from Barbers Hill excel at this (which is a good thing).  But when you start thinking that the world rotates around the Hill, that is when it gets overdone.

[b]Pride in your school is great, and the kids from Barbers Hill excel at this (which is a good thing).  But when you start thinking that the world rotates around the Hill, that is when it gets overdone.[/b]<---and as for that statement.. that is fact. GRRRRRR >:(
[/quote]

Thanks for going out there and being pretty sure and clearing this up for someone else.

Why can't the BH kids think the world rotates around the Hill?  Is that a bad thing?

THIFR
[/quote] Not a bad thing at all. Its only a bad thing when you belittle people to make your world rotate. Kinda maybe what you do for a living? Rotate around the Hill? Cause it is for Real.

[quote name="HillGuy" post="872492" timestamp="1286834312"]
Quote:  "Its only a bad thing when you belittle people to make your world rotate."

Who exactly is belittling?  Examples please.
[/quote]

I think some folks are taking this thread just a little too serious.  ;) not directed at you Hillguy.

[quote name="HillGuy" post="872492" timestamp="1286834312"]
Quote:  "Its only a bad thing when you belittle people to make your world rotate."

[/quote]For example Will the Dayton fans ever be smart enough to realize they have an average team? Probally not ,but there is always a chance  Will Purple's pupils ever get out of Dayton for a chance to work for a BH grad, Probally not, but there is always a chance<---- [size=14pt]PER BHFAN[/size]
Since your an idiot, BH by 10 now.  I was gonna let you win one since we feel bad for ya.  Not any more, Demz Eagles gonnza whips ya goodz! <-----[size=14pt]BH89-2 [/size] CALLING PURPLE FOREVER AN IDIOT. there are more but I have things to do... so If your really wanting to see go look for yourself...maybe you can find the one where BH seems to think that a BH diploma is better than a Dayton Diploma thats a classic.

MONT BELVIEU, Tex.— Only about 50 families are left on Barbers Hill, perched precariously atop a salt dome where industry stores more volatile hydrocarbons than anywhere else in the world.

There are other communities where residents and industry struggle to coexist, but few have as painful a history as Mont Belvieu, where the original settlement on the gentle, egg-shaped mound called Barbers Hill has gone from a community to an industrial no man's land of empty lots and abandoned buildings.

THE HILL IS A FOR REAL NO MANS LAND

As for the posts about me taking shots at the kids.
I would never do that.  I am taking shots at the "attitude" that exists at "Barbers Hill" the COMMUNITY.

NOBODY can deny the pride and dedication that the kids from Barbers Hill exhibit for the school when they take part in athletic contests.  It is a true attribute to that community when the kids are that devoted to succeeding.  However, when this goes overboard, and the ADULTS teach the kids that their neighbors to the north are "not equal"  (A degree from Barbers Hill high school is worth more than one from Dayton), well, maybe the Bronco football team beat down did a number on that "overboard" attitude.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="872548" timestamp="1286838411"]
Took this picture on the way to Stallworth Stadium on Friday.
[img]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs820.snc4/68043_134038656645419_100001178574509_170849_7392802_n.jpg[/img]

Loved the sign so much I actually stopped and got a blizzard, however, it wasn't 54 cents.
[/quote]

hilarious.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="872548" timestamp="1286838411"]
[img]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs820.snc4/68043_134038656645419_100001178574509_170849_7392802_n.jpg[/img]

Loved the sign so much I actually stopped and got a blizzard, however, it wasn't 54 cents.
[/quote]

That is the best one yet! LMAO

THIFR

[quote name="Buddy09" post="872582" timestamp="1286840563"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=72920.msg872548#msg872548 date=1286838411]

[/quote]

THIFR
[/quote]lmaorotf  :D :D :D :D

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="knightrider" post="872598" timestamp="1286841406"]
[quote author=Buddy09 link=topic=72920.msg872582#msg872582 date=1286840563]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=72920.msg872548#msg872548 date=1286838411]

[/quote]

THIFR
[/quote]lmaorotf  :D :D :D :D
[/quote]

Love it :D :D :D :D :D

[quote name="octfeb" post="872537" timestamp="1286837617"]
[quote author=HillGuy link=topic=72920.msg872492#msg872492 date=1286834312]

[/quote]For example Will the Dayton fans ever be smart enough to realize they have an average team? Probally not ,but there is always a chance  Will Purple's pupils ever get out of Dayton for a chance to work for a BH grad, Probally not, but there is always a chance<---- [size=14pt]PER BHFAN[/size]
Since your an idiot, BH by 10 now.   I was gonna let you win one since we feel bad for ya.   Not any more, Demz Eagles gonnza whips ya goodz! <-----[size=14pt]BH89-2 [/size] CALLING PURPLE FOREVER AN IDIOT. there are more but I have things to do... so If your really wanting to see go look for yourself...maybe you can find the one where BH seems to think that a BH diploma is better than a Dayton Diploma thats a classic.

MONT BELVIEU, Tex.— Only about 50 families are left on Barbers Hill, perched precariously atop a salt dome where industry stores more volatile hydrocarbons than anywhere else in the world.

There are other communities where residents and industry struggle to coexist, but few have as painful a history as Mont Belvieu, where the original settlement on the gentle, egg-shaped mound called Barbers Hill has gone from a community to an industrial no man's land of empty lots and abandoned buildings.

[/quote]

You CANNOT be serious with that as an example... you are quoting BH 89 and BHFAN???  classic.  Oh man, this thread just went into the twilight zone  ::)  I'm talking about non-smack, real belittlement talk.  Wow, you are WAY to sensitive.  If you are going to allow that into your argument, then you open all the foolishness from Dayton too.

You are right, Eagle07.  Some folks are taking this way too seriously - ha.
THISFR

[quote name="HillGuy" post="872705" timestamp="1286847055"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=72920.msg872537#msg872537 date=1286837617]
[quote author=HillGuy link=topic=72920.msg872492#msg872492 date=1286834312]
Quote:  "Its only a bad thing when you belittle people to make your world rotate."

Who exactly is belittling?  Examples please.
[/quote]For example Will the Dayton fans ever be smart enough to realize they have an average team? Probally not ,but there is always a chance  Will Purple's pupils ever get out of Dayton for a chance to work for a BH grad, Probally not, but there is always a chance<---- [size=14pt]PER BHFAN[/size]
Since your an idiot, BH by 10 now.   I was gonna let you win one since we feel bad for ya.   Not any more, Demz Eagles gonnza whips ya goodz! <-----[size=14pt]BH89-2 [/size] CALLING PURPLE FOREVER AN IDIOT. there are more but I have things to do... so If your really wanting to see go look for yourself...maybe you can find the one where BH seems to think that a BH diploma is better than a Dayton Diploma thats a classic.

[/quote]

You CANNOT be serious with that as an example... you are quoting BH 89 and BHFAN???  classic.  Oh man, this thread just went into the twilight zone  ::)  I'm talking about non-smack, real belittlement talk.  Wow, you are WAY to sensitive.  If you are going to allow that into your argument, then you open all the foolishness from Dayton too.

You are right, Eagle07.  Some folks are taking this way too seriously - ha.
THISFR
[/quote] ok sure whatever makes you feel better. thats classic of someone from BH too. Im done with you moving on...

THE HILL IS FOR REAL

[move][size=10pt]THE                                                                                                  HILL                                                                                                    IS                                                                                                        FOR                                                                                      REAL[/size][/move]