i dropped my iPhone in water PM me if you know a way to fix it

[quote name="scooter!" post="848041" timestamp="1284573436"]
[quote author=Cheermom4 link=topic=72998.msg847893#msg847893 date=1284559713]
Try the rice method it really works.  My phone has went swimming and I stuck it in rice for 24 hours and it works.  Not all the functions work but for the most part my phone works. 
[/quote]cool. going get rice tonight. hopefully it will work
[/quote]

Not sure if it will work with an iphone but it work with my LG phone I have.

The correct way to dry out an iphone was told to me by an old Lebonese Camel Jockey,one night while sitting around the campfire in the desert..You take two medium size camel patties and make sure they are medium dry sandwich the phone between them roll the phone in the pattie like a burrito, dig a hole in the sand plant the iphone in the hole..Get on your Camel and go to Tripoli and get you a new one...

*He swears it works everytime regardless of the phones condition..

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="848160" timestamp="1284585100"]
Get a new one and put an otter box on that booger.  Those things can go threw just about anything!
[/quote]

I have an Otter Box on my iPhone.  Pain to pay the $50 for the Otter Box, but NOTHING will get thru this thing to your iPhone.  Well worth the investment.

The touch screen is harder to work, but eventually you get use to it.  Well worth the money!  I heard a guy dropped his while doing 60mph on his motorcycle while it was raining.  He finally relized what had happened and retraced his steps and found it on the side of the road, still in perfect condition.  Also heard a paramedic accedently backed over his in a 2 ton ambulance and it still worked.  Lastly, heard of a lady talking on it while tending to her horses, when she dropped in a horse trough and quickly grabbed it and continued her conversation.  Lol.  I heard all that from a lady that worked at AT&T, when I went to buy mine.  I was sold!  I'll vouch for her too.  I've put mine threw heck.

[quote name="NDNWarrior" post="848654" timestamp="1284668101"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=72998.msg848160#msg848160 date=1284585100]
Get a new one and put an otter box on that booger.  Those things can go threw just about anything!
[/quote]

I have an Otter Box on my iPhone.  Pain to pay the $50 for the Otter Box, but NOTHING will get thru this thing to your iPhone.  Well worth the investment.
[/quote]

AND if you ever get jumped in a parking lot, you can use it as a club!!
makes it look so big lol.

open what you can and put it in the refrigerator, face up. They are frost free, which means they remove humidity(moisture) from the air. Thats why they have no ice build up.......do that 24 hours, then rice.......because when it goes to room temp. the rice will absorb the remaining moisture. Has worked for me

;)

[quote name="dog 67" post="849032" timestamp="1284723335"]
Did you not buy the 60.00 dollor contract, you can call apple anytime for any reason---in this case they will send you a new one.just tell them its not working
[/quote]i think i did i have to check.  i didnt think about that.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Split Down The Bayou
    Newest Member
    Split Down The Bayou