TO KATY TIGER FANS

WeedBegone

Well, as promised, I will continue posting for our BRUINS.  We wanted to show you our stuff tonight , an at times we did.  The problem I am trying to deal with is that you guys had no problem showing us your stuff.  You definietly have a great team and program.  I always accept defeat for the teams I support in this fashion---- I wish you guys the best of luck and am aware that each week somebody out there is gunning for you guys. Your success will ease that agony of defeat for us. 

As far as looking at you guys across the field-----dang your loud in other peoples house. ;D

Till we meet again and then the smack is back---

PS-- by any chance did you guys take some of our footballs home with you?  We seemed to have misplaced some  :P

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="850909" timestamp="1284865945"]
We'll know more once district starts. But if I had to guess, It looks like they will be going D1. Which means if we win 21-5A, and they win 19-5A.....then we would see them again in the third round.
[/quote]no, we want payback from 2003  >:(

we owe them a lil butt spankin, and what id really love is for the Astrodome to be re-opened for the match-up.  ;)

[quote name="scooter!" post="850916" timestamp="1284866141"]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=73154.msg850909#msg850909 date=1284865945]
We'll know more once district starts. But if I had to guess, It looks like they will be going D1. Which means if we win 21-5A, and they win 19-5A.....then we would see them again in the third round.

we owe them a lil butt spankin, and what id really love is for the Astrodome to be re-opened for the match-up.  ;)
[/quote]Uhh, it aint gonna happen this year, my friend. Katy is gonna be tough for any team to beat.

Bump---waiting on one of the KATY posters to acknowledge our acknowledging.  ;)

Its a gettin late and you have had plenty of time to get home, and think---hmmm I wonder what those folks back in Beaumont are saying now. 

Now Oldtimer---he will find out about the game in the morning---his screen name tells me he's been asleep.  :-[

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="850880" timestamp="1284864744"]
Well, as promised, I will continue posting for our BRUINS.  We wanted to show you our stuff tonight , an at times we did.  The problem I am trying to deal with is that you guys had no problem showing us your stuff.  You definietly have a great team and program.  I always accept defeat for the teams I support in this fashion---- I wish you guys the best of luck and am aware that each week somebody out there is gunning for you guys. Your success will ease that agony of defeat for us. 

As far as looking at you guys across the field-----dang your loud in other peoples house. ;D

PS-- by any chance did you guys take some of our footballs home with you?  We seemed to have misplaced some  :P

Thank you for the kind words. We do expect you to still post for your Bruins, any true fan would never give up on their team when the chips fall.
If you think we are loud in other peoples houses you should hear us at home.
Best of luck to WB on the rest of the season. Maybe we will meet again this year.
We will check those Red Bellied boy's for the footballs when they get home (LOL)

[/quote]

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="850932" timestamp="1284867193"]
[quote author=scooter! link=topic=73154.msg850916#msg850916 date=1284866141]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=73154.msg850909#msg850909 date=1284865945]

[/quote]Uhh, it aint gonna happen this year, my friend. Katy is gonna be tough for any team to beat.
[/quote] 8)

anything can happen come playoff time but i dont think we will have a chance to see them, i just looked in the ol' mag and i think theyre going D1. easier road for the both of us, unless we meet then um....yeah  ;D

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="850968" timestamp="1284871108"]
If we qualify, we go D1. Unless for some miracle of evolution, Sterling qualifies for the playoffs. If that happens, NS and Sterling go D1, and WB/PAM/LP have to fight it out for the last two spots in D2.
[/quote]if Sterling makes the playoffs imma ban myself from here for a week.  :D

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="850880" timestamp="1284864744"]

[/quote]WeedBegone: I just want to say that we played well tonight. I have alot of respect for WB for playing a team like Katy. We are not going to put anyone down here. Everyone played hard tonight. As for WB you guys are going to be alright. Katy had a couple of games in the past years were we got beat by a little Woodlands team.  I know WB will bounce back from this. In fact this will make you stronger and I feel sorry for the team WB plays next. I know nobody has said it but I would have liked to see what it might have been if the starting QB wouldn't of got hurt. I hope your QB is ok and you get him back for the next games. We also had like three players that got hurt. Hopefully all the players recover from their injuries and no one was seriously hurt. I have no doubt WB will win their district and be in the playoffs again. Good luck the rest of the sesaon WB. Much respect to you guys from this sincere Katy fan.

[quote name="Westside" post="850978" timestamp="1284871681"]
[quote author=WeedBegone link=topic=73154.msg850880#msg850880 date=1284864744]

[/quote]WeedBegone: I just want to say that we played well tonight. I have alot of respect for WB for playing a team like Katy. We are not going to put anyone down here. Everyone played hard tonight. As for WB you guys are going to be alright. Katy had a couple of games in the past years were we got beat by a little Woodlands team.  I know WB will bounce back from this. In fact this will make you stronger and I feel sorry for the team WB plays next. I know nobody has said it but I would have liked to see what it might have been if the starting QB wouldn't of got hurt. I hope your QB is ok and you get him back for the next games. We also had like three players that got hurt. Hopefully all the players recover from their injuries and no one was seriously hurt. I have no doubt WB will win their district and be in the playoffs again. Good luck the rest of the sesaon WB. Much respect to you guys from this sincere Katy fan.
[/quote]
Likewise...

[/quote]You get karma for that... Great post.

[quote name="scooter!" post="850969" timestamp="1284871202"]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=73154.msg850968#msg850968 date=1284871108]
If we qualify, we go D1. Unless for some miracle of evolution, Sterling qualifies for the playoffs. If that happens, NS and Sterling go D1, and WB/PAM/LP have to fight it out for the last two spots in D2.
[/quote]if Sterling makes the playoffs imma ban myself from here for a week.  :D
[/quote]
LMAO 

[/quote]

Thank you for a great post! Since the game is over, I too would have liked to see what would have happened if Jr continues to play (7 to 7 game) along with the three other starters that were out. It is funny when people criticize/ judge overall affectiveness when you take a heavy hitter out, especially at the QB position. "you should have more QB's" more this and that ready for times like this" We have what we have. I even heard people criticize the coach. Folks, nobody can increase the population of a school or cause players to come out. At WB, I can say that because of the discipline and high expectations, we have less that want to participate. We have one atheletic trainer, and about three student trainers. I saw a team dr and 19 student trainers on Katy's roll. Some may say, that doesn't win championships, well the trainers for instance may not play the game, but they are a major player in the "big scheme". Especially when things like the trainer's budget for "Athletic Tape" is half what it was when I played in the late 80's. Working out in a field house that is designed for a 3a or 4a program doesn't make tackles, but it provides the team space to develop the strength to get it done. The difference is "overall commitment". We need visionary leadership in the district to spend the dollars where they are needed to establish a winning system / culture. Parents, coaches, players, and fans see that about our district. Not being critical just honest. I think it is a classic story of "haves and have nots". Some might sya, "Oh but we don't want to go that far."  WB has tradition. Good coaches and good kids that are coachable, but the things, the extra things may be grains of sand, but if you drop enough sand in one spot you end up with a hill or even a mountain! What does baffle me is that WB fans will get on here and concede the "3rd round" or the "state title" to Katy. Not me. My prayer is that we both are healthy and meet again. It will be one to remember> Good luck to Katy on the rest of the season. I wish you guys had stopped for some tailgatn. God Bless.
BLU 42 BLU 42 Hut Hut

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham