DCTF Southeast Texas Report, Kevin Springfield blog week 3

AggiesAreWe

Thanks to each one of you. I thank you for taking the time to read the blog. DCTF tracks the readership of the blog so I think it's safe to say that the more readers, the better the coverage for our area on the DCTF website.
As for Reggie Garrett; again let me express my deepest condolences. I pray for the family, friends and all who were touched by this tragic event. I wish the Mustangs all the best as they take the field for the remainder of the season. God bless!

I wanted to address something if I could. I appreciate very much the kind words but I want to clarify something. I did get one response (outside of the forum) that hinted to the possibility of someone misinterpreting something I wrote. In the last line of the article I wrote that I would return to full coverage "once the shock of this week wears off". This individual felt that I should not have written that line because it implied that within a week Reggie Garrett would be forgotten and we could go on with our lives. If anyone took that from what I wrote, I apologize. That is in no way what I meant. Although it's normal for people to move on, there is no doubt that this event has had a lasting impact on many and will never be forgotten by most of us. I in no way meant to trivialize the situation so, if anyone took that line the wrong way, I am truly sorry and I hope you will accept my sincere apology. God bless!

[quote name="LR1969" post="853863" timestamp="1285192790"]
I wanted to address something if I could. I appreciate very much the kind words but I want to clarify something. I did get one response (outside of the forum) that hinted to the possibility of someone misinterpreting something I wrote. In the last line of the article I wrote that I would return to full coverage "once the shock of this week wears off". This individual felt that I should not have written that line because it implied that within a week Reggie Garrett would be forgotten and we could go on with our lives. If anyone took that from what I wrote, I apologize. That is in no way what I meant. Although it's normal for people to move on, there is no doubt that this event has had a lasting impact on many and will never be forgotten by most of us. I in no way meant to trivialize the situation so, if anyone took that line the wrong way, I am truly sorry and I hope you will accept my sincere apology. God bless!
[/quote]

Wow, LR1969!  You did an awesome job with the article and though I don't think you need to apologize, it is very commendable of you to do so in case someone else DID misinterpret it.  Kudos to you.  God bless you back!!!

Guest wildcat58
excellent article, it vividly describes how all of us in the entire southeast texas football community feel as a result of this tragic event. I agree that no apology is needed for the closing line. Anybody reading the article can obviously conclude the writer does not attempt to diminish the scope of the tragedy. Keep up the insightful writing kevin, we appreciate your coverage of our area.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    chipslift1
    Newest Member
    chipslift1