Belated thanks to my correspondents

WOSgrad

Sorry, I usually do this earlier, but this has been a crazy week!

18-3A - dolemite
Anahuac - Anafanatic
Barbers Hill - BHFAN
Baytown Lee - panamamyers
Beaumont Central - BMTSoulja1
Beaumont West Brook - Sgt. Rey
Beaumont West Brook - 82 5A State Champs
Bridge City - BCgrad05
Buna - BUNA95
Burkeville - U_dnt_kno_me
Chester - fbmom
Colmesneil - Colmesneilfan1
Crosby - Cap Rock Brewing Co.
Dayton - PURPLE 4EVER
Deweyville - SteelerCzy
East Chambers - ECBucFan
Evadale - BIGMO44
Hamshire-Fannett - HORNS R #1
Hardin - JohnSmith1982
Hardin-Jefferson - Sloe
High Island - H.I._#20_mom
Hull-Daisetta - HD BOBCAT 55
Huffman - beechnut
Lumberton - LTrain, RaiderGirl92
Nederland - adminbaberuth
Orangefield - bobcatfan4life
Port Arthur Memorial - The GOAT
San Augustine - mmcary
West Hardin - Joharr73
West Sabine-BucketSitR

Hope to hear from all of you ALOT tomorrow night!

Although I have been rather quiet this week with the situation at hand in your community, I have been thinking quite a bit about you guys over there.  I was extremely close with an event here in Beaumont a few years back and the memories of all the area support around us provided much comfort and strength. 

You have represented your folks in an incredible fashion and I am sure you are very proud to be a WOS grad as you indicate in your screen name.  Keep holding you head up, even when the tears fall. 

An o-line coach at WB said the most profound thing to his o-line regarding my son when he lost his best friend.
"Although he looks and acts strong---he will fall, and I want you guys to be there to pick him back up." 

I say this because the days and weeks ahead, some of you will surely feel like falling----but guys like you and many others will be there to pick them up.  God Bless

Respectfully,
WeedBegone

Thanks, Weed. 

You know, you would think time (I haven't resided in West Orange in almost 20 years) and distance (over 100 miles here in Katy) would dictate something like what happened in West Orange last Friday night would not affect me...it did.  So that, and the issues of everyday life which we all have that, although not serious, cannot be ignored and my trusty laptop not being so trusty this week, lead to some things being late and others (like the stats) not getting done this week.  But I'll be able to catch up on that early next week.

But my task here is easy, I just gather info from people who have it and spread it to people who don't.  And it is easy because all of you are so willing to share.  So I Friday nights, I don't have to read from an AP ticker or go on another site and copy and paste their work because I have the best info right here from all of you.  The folks that text me, the folks that get on here and post, the folks that have twitter accounts that let me follow them their info from all over the State of Texas.  EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU are what make this site so great and my labor so fun.

And finally, yes I am proud to call myself an alumnus of West Orange-Stark High School.  We who can proclaim that share a common bond, a bond that I truly never realized the strength of until the events of Friday night and this week.  The strength of that community which may move some of you proclaim as remarkable, I know is commonplace in that area.

But warmly, I see that the community strength does not end with the city limits of Orange, West Orange and Pinehurst and is not unique to those who don the blue and silver.  A special thanks from a community that did fall, but will refuse to stay down.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="855049" timestamp="1285344866"]
Thanks, Weed. 

You know, you would think time (I haven't resided in West Orange in almost 20 years) and distance (over 100 miles here in Katy) would dictate something like what happened in West Orange last Friday night would not affect me...it did.  So that, and the issues of everyday life which we all have that, although not serious, cannot be ignored and my trusty laptop not being so trusty this week, lead to some things being late and others (like the stats) not getting done this week.  But I'll be able to catch up on that early next week.

But my task here is easy, I just gather info from people who have it and spread it to people who don't.  And it is easy because all of you are so willing to share.  So I Friday nights, I don't have to read from an AP ticker or go on another site and copy and paste their work because I have the best info right here from all of you.  The folks that text me, the folks that get on here and post, the folks that have twitter accounts that let me follow them their info from all over the State of Texas.  EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU are what make this site so great and my labor so fun.

And finally, yes I am proud to call myself an alumnus of West Orange-Stark High School.  We who can proclaim that share a common bond, a bond that I truly never realized the strength of until the events of Friday night and this week.  The strength of that community which may move some of you proclaim as remarkable, I know is commonplace in that area.

But warmly, I see that the community strength does not end with the city limits of Orange, West Orange and Pinehurst and is not unique to those who don the blue and silver.  A special thanks from a community that did fall, but will refuse to stay down.
[/quote]

Amen and we will be there to pick those up that do fall. Like you said at some point we will all fall and we have shown that someone will be there when we do to pick us up. Great post.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham