Brenham Cubs: Best Defense in 4A?

ricko

This defense is insane.  The Cubs have played four games against Huntsville, Lamar Consol, Houston Lamar and Magnolia West.  Thus far this season they have allowed 1 touchdown.  The Cubs have outscored their opponents 135-10.  Watching Magnolia West try to run on the Cubs tonight was like watching a bird fly into a brick wall.  I think Mag West ended up with negative yards for the night.  This from a team that was 2-1 coming in.  Is there a better defense in 4a?

[quote name="ricko" post="856353" timestamp="1285389318"]
This defense is insane.  The Cubs have played four games against Huntsville, Lamar Consol, Houston Lamar and Magnolia West.  Thus far this season they have allowed 1 touchdown.  The Cubs have outscored their opponents 135-10.  Watching Magnolia West try to run on the Cubs tonight was like watching a bird fly into a brick wall.  I think Mag West ended up with negative yards for the night.  This from a team that was 2-1 coming in.  Is there a better defense in 4a?
[/quote]

I think it's 135-12, but still crazy numbers.  (2 of that 12 was a safety)

Best defense in 4A, i'd say ya.  This is probably the best defense we have ever had!

Next victim... Waller! :D ;) After last year, this should be fun.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="856534" timestamp="1285395559"]
[quote author=ricko link=topic=73448.msg856353#msg856353 date=1285389318]
[/quote]

I think it's 135-12, but still crazy numbers.  (2 of that 12 was a safety)

Best defense in 4A, i'd say ya.  This is probably the best defense we have ever had!

Next victim... Waller! :D ;) After last year, this should be fun.
[/quote]

I would go as far as best in the state any class. Klein collins, stoney point, katy, and trinity are the only other challengers i think of

Defense is countered by offense ask Lake Travis ! I'm sure Brenhams defense is awesome complemented by their offense. Dayton's defense is awesome also and the offense is starting to get untracked and will peak in the playoffs again. If and when the times comes Dayton won't be intimidated by Brenham remember we had you down 17/0 in the third qtr.last year when two of our best players got hurt so don't get to far ahead of yourself  there's alot football left.

[quote name="jayhawk" post="856851" timestamp="1285440999"]
Defense is countered by offense ask Lake Travis ! I'm sure Brenhams defense is awesome complemented by their offense. Dayton's defense is awesome also and the offense is starting to get untracked and will peak in the playoffs again. If and when the times comes Dayton won't be intimidated by Brenham remember we had you down 17/0 in the third qtr.last year when two of our best players got hurt so don't get to far ahead of yourself  there's alot football left.
[/quote]

Injuries are part of football.  You had us down, but remember, we only needed half a quarter to come back and win. ;)

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="856858" timestamp="1285442034"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=73448.msg856854#msg856854 date=1285441593]
Total yardage from Friday...

Brenham 398
Magnolia West -12

Brenham was 16-19 with no int's.
Magnolia West was 0-9 with 1 int.

:o :D ;)

[/quote]

How many games has Magnolia West won....not many I'd guess and I don't even know them.. ;)
[/quote]

They were 2-1 before last night, third in our district in offense. ;D

As much as I'd like to agree looking over every gm.stat I'd say it's getting better, scores in some earlier games @ the half were nip & tuck.I'd say Brenham is a super 2nd half team @ this point.We'll see what ya got vs.Montgomery.Comparing w/Katy not even close.No hater just sayin 8)

[quote name="liltex" post="856875" timestamp="1285443541"]
As much as I'd like to agree looking over every gm.stat I'd say it's getting better, scores in some earlier games @ the half were nip & tuck.I'd say Brenham is a super 2nd half team @ this point.We'll see what ya got vs.Montgomery.Comparing w/Katy not even close.No hater just sayin 8)
[/quote]

That wasn't me that said Katy.  Lol.  Dobbins will be back in time for the Brenham game too, BTW.

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="856914" timestamp="1285445298"]
I believe there is a grudge match that is tied at 1-1 that will decide who has the best defense when it is time for the regional final.
[/quote]

It will be before the regional final...  Prolly second round!  Until then, just stat wise, this is probably the best defense in the state. (4A) That game will prove who has the better all around team though.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="856943" timestamp="1285446345"]
[quote author=Tyrone_Biggums link=topic=73448.msg856914#msg856914 date=1285445298]
I believe there is a grudge match that is tied at 1-1 that will decide who has the best defense when it is time for the regional final.
[/quote]

It will be before the regional final...  Prolly second round!  Until then, just stat wise, this is probably the best defense in the state. (4A) That game will prove who has the better all around team though.
[/quote]

You forget that you guys are going to tank a game and come in as the #2 D-2 seed in your District.  It's just not the same if we don't meet in the regional final.

that's definitely some awesomeness, a pretty good case can be made for cedar park (new to 4A this year) too outscoring opponents 229-25 in 5 games (smallest margin of victory 24 pts.) as opposed to 4 games for brenham, but of course you can't compare across different opponents. still 3 pt./game, 5 pt./game, especially considering who they play, is tight. considering cp's offensive output this should be one heck of game to watch should they meet along the way. like someone said, good offense counters good defense.

Ah the 1 thing about playoffs-throw the stats out the window it's a second season and everybody hopes to draw good out the gate w/match-ups.This is when coaching moves to another level w/some travel and preparations.Funny how it usually works in teams w/ great coaching seem to always have a knack to be in the playoffs most years.

[quote name="hitchpin" post="857476" timestamp="1285460818"]
that's definitely some awesomeness, a pretty good case can be made for cedar park (new to 4A this year) too outscoring opponents 229-25 in 5 games (smallest margin of victory 24 pts.) as opposed to 4 games for brenham, but of course you can't compare across different opponents. still 3 pt./game, 5 pt./game, especially considering who they play, is tight. considering cp's offensive output this should be one heck of game to watch should they meet along the way. like someone said, good offense counters good defense.
[/quote]

Depends how good that defense is.  I don't think we'll meet though, cuz they will probably be D1.

Offense sells tickets and makes great headlines, but defense wins Championships...........

If there is anyone left out there that doubts the Brenham Cubs at any level, I will personally send a "Cowboy Cadillac" limo to their home (at no charge), and have them ushered first class to the nearest nuthouse, to hopefully alleviate any further chance they can harm themselves any further, nor cause themselves any further public embarrassment......

Just throwing that out there.....

[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="858053" timestamp="1285499489"]
Offense sells tickets and makes great headlines, but defense wins Championships...........

If there is anyone left out there that doubts the Brenham Cubs at any level, I will personally send a "Cowboy Cadillac" limo to their home (at no charge), and have them ushered first class to the nearest nuthouse, to hopefully alleviate any further chance they can harm themselves any further, nor cause themselves any further public embarrassment......

Just throwing that out there.....
[/quote]

Thanks Mark...  The big game is about 3 weeks away from now, and I can't wait to see how this one turns out.  It should be one of the best games in the state for that week.  Let's see Montgomery bring home the D1 title, and Brenham the D2 title.  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats