Right Guard gives $500 to Garrett Fund

"Gillette spends about $15 million to $20 million marketing the brands in the U.S. and U.K. combined; Right Guard receives the bulk of that spending."

I guess its good Marketing after all. I guess we're ok with a 500 dollar donation thats nothing more than a poster board, o how nice right guard was, 5000 would have been far more sincere, meaning i guarantee you it came out of their marketing budget.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="856528" timestamp="1285395100"]
"Gillette spends about $15 million to $20 million marketing the brands in the U.S. and U.K. combined; Right Guard receives the bulk of that spending."

I guess its good Marketing after all. I guess we're ok with a 500 dollar donation thats nothing more than a poster board, o how nice right guard was, 5000 would have been far more sincere, meaning i guarantee you it came out of their marketing budget.
[/quote]

why dont you donate 500 dollars then and give them back their money?
a donation is exactly that, a DONATION.

i dont care if someone makes 1 million per year or 40k a year...
if someone reaches out and donates 1 dollar or 1000 dollars, it's still help towards whatever the cause may be...

the Garrett Fund is now 500 dollars more than what it was before they donated...
stop being selfish.

It's great that such a large company would recognize the Reggie Garrett Foundation in ANY way!  So often, large corporations like that will not give to small causes due to being bombarded for donations for EVERY little thing that comes along.

I was surprised and touched to hear what Snapple did for the students at WOS.  It's the gesture of everything that everyone has done that is so awe-inspiring.  It's not the amount of the donation, but that they cared enough to do anything. 

[quote name="w" post="856585" timestamp="1285419210"]
It's great that such a large company would recognize the Reggie Garrett Foundation in ANY way!  So often, large corporations like that will not give to small causes due to being bombarded for donations for EVERY little thing that comes along.

[b]I was surprised and touched to hear what Snapple did for the students at WOS[/b].  It's the gesture of everything that everyone has done that is so awe-inspiring.  It's not the amount of the donation, but that they cared enough to do anything. 
[/quote]

I didn't hear anything about Snapple.  What did they do???

Any gift should be received with a grateful heart.  It doesn't matter how much money the donor makes, it is the gift in itself that counts.  After all, most large corporation do not give to small, local organizations.  I am very impressed that such a large company donated to our little part of the world.  When people get on here and complain about the size of the gift, it makes SETexas look bad.  Be thankful, and more  and larger donation may come in.  Remember, you never know who is reading the posts on this site.

Snapple sent about 40 cases to the school Friday.  The principal allowed all the seniors to go to the cafeteria first, get them a drink and sit and talk for awhile.  Then, the juniors went, and so on.  I'm very thankful for the new principal at WOS this year.  Classy guy and he has handled this situation in such a professional and compassionate way.

[quote name="rykerx144" post="856588" timestamp="1285419451"]
hey Coug, I am curious how much did you make last year?  How much did you give?
[/quote]

i made 4k and gave 86 hrs of volunteer work time. I also accumulated 12k in debt? anymore questions about my personal life?

[quote name="w" post="857372" timestamp="1285458100"]
Snapple sent about 40 cases to the school Friday.  The principal allowed all the seniors to go to the cafeteria first, get them a drink and sit and talk for awhile.  Then, the juniors went, and so on.  I'm very thankful for the new principal at WOS this year.  Classy guy and he has handled this situation in such a professional and compassionate way.
[/quote]

See thats more sincere to me go snapple, allow your product to bring kids together good job.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats