SHSU - Lamar Game Thread/ SAM WINS 38-10

TexasTerror

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="861512" timestamp="1285862637"]
I'm really beginning to wonder if we have fans of other schools masquarading as LU fans, or do we have some people from the 80's who still think we should not have brought football back, or just a few who like to look at the clever posts they make.
[/quote]

This is part of the "SETX mentality" that UNLV talks about.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="coachacola" post="861558" timestamp="1285865324"]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=73538.msg861512#msg861512 date=1285862637]
I'm really beginning to wonder if we have fans of other schools masquarading as LU fans, or do we have some people from the 80's who still think we should not have brought football back, or just a few who like to look at the clever posts they make.
[/quote]

This is part of the "SETX mentality" that UNLV talks about.
[/quote]

Coach, didn't you say you live in the Austin area?  My brother left here in 87 to go to college in the Austin area and has never looked back and is still there.  I didn't understand his insistence to not come back, but being a slow learner, I think I may be finally getting it.  You can find things wrong with the major metro areas of Texas (HTown, DFW, and Austin/San Antonio) but one thing you can't fault them far is being growth minded. 

[quote name="westendfirst" post="860169" timestamp="1285702361"]
[quote author=TexasTerror link=topic=73538.msg859256#msg859256 date=1285619568]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=73538.msg859168#msg859168 date=1285613023]I guess you are waiting until Saturday night before you weigh in on the SFA route.  I have to admit you are using discretion.  I assume we will here from you in full force if Sam wins the game.  I'll say it now that I think we still have a very good chance of winning.  We will just have see how the QB situation progresses during the week.[/quote]

I'm not convinced SHSU wins...

I picked Lamar on AGS and think the Cards will be looking to get a positive result after this past weekend's fiasco. SHSU is not going to score many points unless our game plan thwarts Bevil...

If SHSU gets ahead, they just need to do what has worked - run the ball very efficiently and take the T.O.P. battle.
[/quote]

You obviously didn't watch us play SFA.  I wouldn't pick us to beat the Red Apple Daycare "B" team.
[/quote]
watch out west....can't make ANY jokes about our LU team, or the BIG 3  will label you as ignorant---or worse...God forbid.. " A  SE TEXAN"..

GO BIG RED!!!

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="861839" timestamp="1285885827"]
With Bevil for sure out now and possibly for several weeks expect to see a lot of wildcat with Marcus Jackson at qb. He played it in high school and can throw it decently if needed to. But let's hope Douglas can teach us how to Dougie!!! :D
[/quote]

Hopefully it will be Prewitt and they will let him throw it.  Jackson is almost worthless if he won't throw.  If they have to go with Prewitt I hope they aren't overly conservative like they were with him in Huntsville.  Hell, he can't turn the ball over too many more times than Bevil does.

[quote name="westendfirst" post="861223" timestamp="1285810464"]
[quote author=HI_#20_Mom link=topic=73538.msg860179#msg860179 date=1285703153]
[quote author=westendfirst link=topic=73538.msg860178#msg860178 date=1285703048]
[quote author=HI_#20_Mom link=topic=73538.msg860177#msg860177 date=1285702977]
Thanks North.

Don't be a pooh West!  ;D
[/quote]

Sorry.
[/quote]
I'm just teasing, you don't need to be sorry.
[/quote]

I'm just messing around.  I saw you had "Mom" in your name so I figured I couldn't talk smack to you.
[/quote]

Thanks for being respectful, it is really appreciated.  It’s not nice to pick on old ladies!

But….. I’m a big girl, I can take it.

Go Lamar!!  :P

[quote name="westendfirst" post="862252" timestamp="1285905787"]
[quote author=ForeverADog link=topic=73538.msg861839#msg861839 date=1285885827]
With Bevil for sure out now and possibly for several weeks expect to see a lot of wildcat with Marcus Jackson at qb. He played it in high school and can throw it decently if needed to. But let's hope Douglas can teach us how to Dougie!!! :D
[/quote]

Hopefully it will be Prewitt and they will let him throw it.  Jackson is almost worthless if he won't throw.  If they have to go with Prewitt I hope they aren't overly conservative like they were with him in Huntsville.  heck, he can't turn the ball over too many more times than Bevil does.
[/quote]

I think he will surprise a lot of people tomorrow. The guy played great at Kelly, and his height was the only knock on him coming out of high school. Sam Houston looked at him at QB as did some DII schools, but he came to Lamar to be a preferred walk-on WR. However, when Smith went down, they needed another QB and he passed up Tatum on the depth chart.

The guy has worked his ass off to be where he is now. Best of luck to Doug, tomorrow.

[quote name="mffl" post="862616" timestamp="1285957339"]
[quote author=westendfirst link=topic=73538.msg862252#msg862252 date=1285905787]
[/quote]

Hopefully it will be Prewitt and they will let him throw it.  Jackson is almost worthless if he won't throw.  If they have to go with Prewitt I hope they aren't overly conservative like they were with him in Huntsville.  heck, he can't turn the ball over too many more times than Bevil does.
[/quote]

I think he will surprise a lot of people tomorrow. The guy played great at Kelly, and his height was the only knock on him coming out of high school. Sam Houston looked at him at QB as did some DII schools, but he came to Lamar to be a preferred walk-on WR. However, when Smith went down, they needed another QB and he passed up Tatum on the depth chart.

The guy has worked his butt off to be where he is now. Best of luck to Doug, tomorrow.
[/quote]

he'll be ok

[quote name="mffl" post="862616" timestamp="1285957339"]
[quote author=westendfirst link=topic=73538.msg862252#msg862252 date=1285905787]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I just hope we aren't overly conservative and put him in bad passing situations.  Let him run the offense and throw the ball early.

The guy has worked his butt off to be where he is now. Best of luck to Doug, tomorrow.
[/quote]

[quote name="77" post="864450" timestamp="1286066951"]
Now that there is game films on Lamar looks like people are able to prepare for them. Good luck Cards.
[/quote]

There's been game film on Lamar. Whitten isn't new to the SLC. Teams should be able to prepare for him based on old Sam game film and now the few games Lamar has played.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham