La Marque vs. Manvel Hi-Lites...

xLmCoog88

[quote name="D3zii" post="858633" timestamp="1285544626"]
La Marque looking real good,...
[/quote]
[color=navy][b]
Thanks but the district road ahead of us is not gonna be easy at all. Even though we did beat a projected 3rd place team or better in the district I can't honestly see ANYONE going undefeated this year? Not trying to brag but did you get a look at that hit @ the 2:09 mark? Poor kid never saw it coming![/b][/color]

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="858666" timestamp="1285546737"]
Yea, hopefully LaMarque will get back to their dominant ways so we can hopefully see you again in the playoffs for payback from 2006...   8) 8)
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]If my memory serves me right that was a nail biter and a great game as well?!?![/b][/color]

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="858694" timestamp="1285548746"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=73555.msg858666#msg858666 date=1285546737]
Yea, hopefully LaMarque will get back to their dominant ways so we can hopefully see you again in the playoffs for payback from 2006...   8) 8)
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]If my memory serves me right that was a nail biter and a great game as well?!?![/b][/color]
[/quote]Sarcasism at it's finest...  ;D ;D  I like that!  8) 8)

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="858730" timestamp="1285551128"]
[quote author=D3zii link=topic=73555.msg858717#msg858717 date=1285550162]
lol, yea the only nail bitting that was going on happen at the begining of the kickoff...
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]I think I have my years mixed up...let me go check our playoff history...brb![/b][/color]
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]My apologies...I dont know why I got you guys mixed up with the 2004 season vs. Jacksonville (29-28 win)? My bad! I like playing Central though...they along with WOS and PNG have always been respectable opponents win, lose or draw.[/b][/color]

[quote name="SFA85" post="858749" timestamp="1285552495"]
Could the champs be back?  I only see TC and FW causing problems......
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]Only time will tell and I agree with your post for the most part and although TC is 3-1 they are scratching and clawing to grab the W's. I think the overall caliber of all the teams with the exception of Ball High (TC doesn't have a good W/L history with the Tors either) aren't going to be so forgiving to them. Dawson is also a potential contender but that depends which Dawson shows up on any given night? They need to find more consistency and 7 turnovers in one game isn't gonna cut it in 24-4A![/b][/color]

24-4A could arguably be one of the toughest, if not the toughest district in the state. If Ball High gets on track, all 7 teams in the district would have a legitimate shot at the playoffs in other districts. I feel the final four will not be decided until the final two weeks of the regular season.

In regards to the Hi-Lights, they really do not give the total picture. Tim Wright is the real deal, or as we have labeled him to be "Top Gun" this year. He has incredible strength for his size and he is a superior blocker when he is not a ball carrier.

We have a much better defense this year and the offensive line is making good progress.

Emmanuel Williams (junior) still has to polish up on his passing game. Once that is done and the entire team learns the new offensive and defensive systems put into place this year, La Marque should make the playoffs. Once they get in.....who knows? Remember this is a group who has not been in that environment due to the fact La Marque has missed the playoffs the previous two years. And in La Marque, that is an eternity and simply put "Unacceptable". It has been 20 years since that has happened. As I'm sure most on this site know......we take our football very seriously. The 9 flags flying in the end zone are testament to that fact.

So we'll see, as XLMCoog88 said "Only time will tell".

By the way BMTSoulja1, it's good to see you are a Mod on this site. Very well deserved sir.

[quote name="5Rings" post="858824" timestamp="1285560266"]
24-4A could arguably be one of the toughest, if not the toughest district in the state. If Ball High gets on track, all 7 teams in the district would have a legitimate shot at the playoffs in other districts. I feel the final four will not be decided until the final two weeks of the regular season.

In regards to the Hi-Lights, they really do not give the total picture. Tim Wright is the real deal, or as we have labeled him to be "Top Gun" this year. He has incredible strength for his size and he is a superior blocker when he is not a ball carrier.

We have a much better defense this year and the offensive line is making good progress.

Emmanuel Williams (junior) still has to polish up on his passing game. Once that is done and the entire team learns the new offensive and defensive systems put into place this year, La Marque should make the playoffs. Once they get in.....who knows? Remember this is a group who has not been in that environment due to the fact La Marque has missed the playoffs the previous two years. And in La Marque, that is an eternity and simply put "Unacceptable". It has been 20 years since that has happened. As I'm sure most on this site know......we take our football very seriously. The 9 flags flying in the end zone are testament to that fact.

So we'll see, as XLMCoog88 said "Only time will tell".

By the way BMTSoulja1, it's good to see you are a Mod on this site. Very well deserved sir.
[/quote]thanks!

[quote name="jayhawk" post="858835" timestamp="1285561869"]
  Isn't La Marque actually a drop down 3a team that elected to stay in 4a this year ?
[/quote]La Marque barely made the cut by about 8 or 9 students to stay in 4A. The same with El Campo and a few other schools this year. Like they say, "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."

[quote name="5Rings" post="858896" timestamp="1285590311"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=73555.msg858835#msg858835 date=1285561869]
  Isn't La Marque actually a drop down 3a team that elected to stay in 4a this year ?
[/quote]La Marque barely made the cut by about 8 or 9 students to stay in 4A. The same with El Campo and a few other schools this year. Like they say, "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
[/quote] Couldn't agree with you more !

[quote name="5Rings" post="858896" timestamp="1285590311"]
[/quote]

Love the screen name.  Unfortunately, most posters around here have the retention or the historical recall of a gnat.....

[quote name="jayhawk" post="859124" timestamp="1285610096"]
[quote author=5Rings link=topic=73555.msg858896#msg858896 date=1285590311]
[/quote] Couldn't agree with you more !
[/quote] 8)

[quote name="SFA85" post="859162" timestamp="1285612642"]
[quote author=5Rings link=topic=73555.msg858896#msg858896 date=1285590311]
[/quote]

Love the screen name.  Unfortunately, most posters around here have the retention or the historical recall of a gnat.....
[/quote][i]Thanks. With that being said, I guess my odds of winning an intense game of Chess would be good.[/i]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43