Plain and simple truth

puddin tane

[b]THEY QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]  SFA 70 points? coulda had 100 easy

I've been a big red fan since the 60's...never seen a team completey and totally bail, along with the coaching staff....

did i expect a W?..No!...did i expect maybe 40 or so, certainly...50? maybe? but 70? 

well, at least those ragging on the pk can shut up, he booted a nice one. 

Lamar had the guts to schedule FCS teams their first year back instead of just playing a bunch of cupcakes.  Nobody was laughing when Lamar almost beat McNeese and did beat SLU.  This loss will be forgotten about by the end of the season.  People all over the internet were laughing at SFA just a few weeks ago when they were faking injuries against A&M.  Once Lamar beats a few more FCS teams and ends the year with 5 or 6 wins then next year Lamar will be one of the favorites to win the SLC.

What they do in the next game will determine how people will view this game.  If they get blasted by Sam Houston then people will say they have been figured out and the sky is falling.  I admit that some fans not all have jumped the gun.  We won two games and lost two games now.  People are ready to expand the stadium after a close game with McNeese and two ugly wins.  I think we need to concentrate on winning the Southland and keeping the stadium full that we have now. Lets see how full the stadium will be in two years.  The new car smell will wear off of Lamar Football so lets just be happy with what we have.

[quote name="theyoungballcoach" post="859026" timestamp="1285603607"]
What they do in the next game will determine how people will view this game.  If they get blasted by Sam Houston then people will say they have been figured out and the sky is falling.  I admit that some fans not all have jumped the gun.  We won two games and lost two games now.  People are ready to expand the stadium after a close game with McNeese and two ugly wins.  I think we need to concentrate on winning the Southland and keeping the stadium full that we have now. Lets see how full the stadium will be in two years.  The new car smell will wear off of Lamar Football so lets just be happy with what we have.
[/quote]

well, before the season, i figured 3 wins..weber, langston and panhandle.  My kid says he figured out the offense against Weber.."Dad, they have 2 plays...a go route and a hand off." 
these chowder heads and wanting to go to the wac...crap..we got the southland, lets play in it and try to win it.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="UNLV" post="859016" timestamp="1285602471"]
I agree. They are laughing at Lamar all over the internet and posting that stupid picture of Lamar off "Revenge of the Nerds".
[/quote]

Not necessarily doubting you, but I haven't seen much of anything negative about Lamar on the SFA sites. Where are you seeing what you described?

The plain and simple truth is Lamar isn't that bad and SFA isn't that good as the score indicates.  I would call everyone who considers themselves Lamar fans to hang tough, there is still some good football and I believe some good wins left with this first year team.  I don't like what happened Saturday night but I do like everything else that we have done so far.  I am confident that they will overcome adversity.

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="859197" timestamp="1285614996"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=73569.msg859016#msg859016 date=1285602471]
I agree. They are laughing at Lamar all over the internet and posting that stupid picture of Lamar off "Revenge of the Nerds".
[/quote]

Not necessarily doubting you, but I haven't seen much of anything negative about Lamar on the SFA sites. Where are you seeing what you described?
[/quote]

I doubt too many people are thinking about Lamar at all - except LU fans.  Yeah, SFA put a whippin' on us but I'll take our 2-2 record. 

Let's all take a deep breath.  Programs greater than this one have lost by scores like this and have done okay from that point.  Several years ago the almighty Texas Longhorns got rolled up by UCLA 66-3.  Just a few years ago, Nebraska rolls into Lubbock and gets trounced by Texas Tech 70-15.  The Aggies lost to OU 77-0.  These things happen.  It sucks when they happen to you.  But you buckle up your chinstrap on Monday and hit somebody in practice and get ready for the next game.

The SFA game is old news.  I'm not going to discuss it anymore.  Let's have some good practices and come out firing against Prison U.  GO BIG RED!!

[quote name="Ruckdad" post="859270" timestamp="1285620673"]
Let's all take a deep breath.  Programs greater than this one have lost by scores like this and have done okay from that point.  Several years ago the almighty Texas Longhorns got rolled up by UCLA 66-3.  Just a few years ago, Nebraska rolls into Lubbock and gets trounced by Texas Tech 70-15.  The Aggies lost to OU 77-0.  These things happen.  It sucks when they happen to you.  But you buckle up your chinstrap on Monday and hit somebody in practice and get ready for the next game.

The SFA game is old news.  I'm not going to discuss it anymore.  Let's have some good practices and come out firing against Prison U.  GO BIG RED!!
[/quote]
How DARE YOU post facts.  :D Can't you see the sky is falling.  ;D

The plain and simple truth is four or more wins this season would be stellar.  Even with the Juco players, this is a young team and young program that will take at least two years to get off the ground.  And yes, there will be other games like last Saturday, but there will also be games they win that they shouldn't. 

[quote name="Texantagonise" post="859615" timestamp="1285642222"]
[quote author=Ruckdad link=topic=73569.msg859270#msg859270 date=1285620673]

[/quote]
How DARE YOU post facts.   :D Can't you see the sky is falling.   ;D

[/quote]

interesting...none of those head coaches are employed

[quote name="puddin tane" post="859151" timestamp="1285611868"]
[quote author=theyoungballcoach link=topic=73569.msg859026#msg859026 date=1285603607]
[/quote]

well, before the season, i figured 3 wins..weber, langston and panhandle.  My kid says he figured out the offense against Weber.."Dad, they have 2 plays...a go route and a hand off." 
these chowder heads and wanting to go to the wac...crap..we got the southland, lets play in it and try to win it.

[/quote]

And I hear your kid is a little Deion Sanders...won't tackle, just wants  to make the picks and wear the bling!

[quote name="westendfirst" post="859699" timestamp="1285648059"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=73569.msg859151#msg859151 date=1285611868]
[quote author=theyoungballcoach link=topic=73569.msg859026#msg859026 date=1285603607]
[/quote]

[/quote]

And I hear your kid is a little Deion Sanders...won't tackle, just wants  to make the picks and wear the bling!
[/quote]

The Irish Hammer?  Strong safety now...dudes a headhunter

[quote name="puddin tane" post="859688" timestamp="1285647228"]
[quote author=Texantagonise link=topic=73569.msg859615#msg859615 date=1285642222]
[quote author=Ruckdad link=topic=73569.msg859270#msg859270 date=1285620673]

[/quote]
How DARE YOU post facts.   :D Can't you see the sky is falling.   ;D

[/quote]

interesting...none of those head coaches are employed
[/quote]

And none of those teams was playing their 4th game in the last 21 years either.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4